Canadian Money Forum banner
4621 - 4640 of 4922 Posts

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
The un-vaccinated are counting on the vaccinated to lower the odds of them not getting the virus.

If there were no vaccinations, everyone would eventually get the virus and then it becomes a numbers game as to how sick they get.

Reactions: Beaver101

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Flu shots now available in Ontario. Who’s in? I wonder what brand I’ll choose…..I can’t wait to see the efficacy data. Maybe I’ll wait. I wonder what the ingredients are? Is it safe? But, I never get the flu!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Tell this to triple vaccinated Israeli, living in forever restrictions.
I don’t think the danger of the virus is the cause for restrictions, here the university has over 94% of fully vaccinated, and there still restrictions. Government wants more control over people and experimenting how far people (aka sheep) will let government go with restrictions, to stay in power forever. That’s all.
That is quite a theory. So every government, in every part, of every continent, is doing that. WOW. And I was worried about KaeJS misinterpreting the observations he makes towards only what he wants them to indicate...but you really take the cake here with that problem.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
The governments are all colluding with each other and the only question is who will be the King of Kings.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think everyone who wants should get vaccinated (unvaccinated people should not be allowed to be admitted to the hospitals), all restrictions should be lifted, and we must go on with our lives.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Flu shots now available in Ontario. Who’s in? I wonder what brand I’ll choose…..I can’t wait to see the efficacy data. Maybe I’ll wait. I wonder what the ingredients are? Is it safe? But, I never get the flu!
... the bolded part sounds alot coming from some people I know, pre-Covid times with good possibility of resumption post-pandemic (whenever that may be).

Anyhow, I'm in ... for whatever brand ... if they have an "Ontario" brand, that would be even better.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I think everyone who wants should get vaccinated (unvaccinated people should not be allowed to be admitted to the hospitals), all restrictions should be lifted, and we must go on with our lives.
... the bolded part will be happening in some Ontario hospitals, particularly the major ones in Toronto (which I'm very glad to see!).

Several Ontario hospitals enact mandatory vaccination policies for visitors

Now these hospitals have to ensure that .5% un-vaccinated healthcare workers are to be dealt with permanently as stated in its published policy ... make it worth the paper it's printed on.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I have concluded that idiots will be idiots. Those that are not making their decisions on science or logic, but rather emotion, or false ideology, the latter cannot be changed.

The latest I have heard is a a dad of one of the kids on my sports team is in ICU. The whole family of many kids and his wife have been anti mask & vax, and believed that God would take care of them as Covid was over blown. This family refused to wear masked even while attended large church events, told their kids to lie by saying they were exempt, even though we had agreed to have our kids hang out on the condition they followed health rules (masking at time). Then they attended the illegal rodeo, where the kid said to mine that they were told there was no covid, then when my kid posted she got her vaccine, this kid started attacking my child on social media saying how stupid it was and that vaccines didn't work. They protested masks at the gym, and even lied on what the regulations where, and the kid would take off her mask at every chance, until she was told she would have leave and call her parents if she continued to violate the rules. We stopped any contact with them.

The dad is in his late 40's, claimed to be perfect health (he did look pretty healthy) on his social media pages as he posted his anti vax and mask stand. I see on their social that he had a really bad 'cold' maybe flu, and then was having problems breathing, so decided to call an ambulance. He was admitted into ICU with lung bleeding in his lungs, his liver now has an infection and has gone septic. They are praying for his care as he seems to be getting better. However, 'this cold or flu' was bad, (still in denial). They are asking for support by having distraction for they kids in terms of playdates. Yet, they are still unvaccinated and want to have friends over for their many kids.

I am torn as a person who always wants to help especially when there are kids involved, but cannot. I don't think I can look at them without asking if they have their vaccinations yet before I allow my child to see them. I don't think can refrain from saying that God gave them a vaccine they could have taken which would have had a 92% chance that the dad wouldn't be in the hospital. That the dad should get out of ICU asap (either dead or alive whatever is faster) so my other friend can reschedule his stage 4 cancer surgery. I have concluded the kindest thing I can do is just keep the thoughts to myself. If seeing their father in the hospital like this doesn't open their eyes, nothing will. I am sad for the kids because they could lose their father, and their father are raising idiots too.

I hope they will change their stance and tell their anti vax community to get vaccinated, but I see those who are loudest spreading wrong information are quietest when they can share the truth.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I'm assuming that you're being somewhat sarcastic, but it's probably Sanofi as usual being produced in Ontario.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I'm assuming that you're being somewhat sarcastic, but it's probably Sanofi as usual being produced in Ontario.
... he was and I didn't know Sanofi produces the flu vaccine and in Ontario too? I just get the shot annually as directed by my physician based on past experience, with one particularly bad/nasty bout to potentially send me to ER. Caught it at work or enroute too.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
... I never got to choose (or even knew there were brands?!). All I'm aware was the "heavier" doses (4 types of flu-strains?) are reserved for "seniors" and "folks with (serious) underlying health conditions (diabetes, cancer, etc)". I take whatever my physician recommends and have.

Now there're brands/choices ... hmmm. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the link.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I have concluded that idiots will be idiots. Those that are not making their decisions on science or logic, but rather emotion, or false ideology, the latter cannot be changed.

The latest I have heard is a a dad of one of the kids on my sports team is in ICU. The whole family of many kids and his wife have been anti mask & vax, and believed that God would take care of them as Covid was over blown. This family refused to wear masked even while attended large church events, told their kids to lie by saying they were exempt, even though we had agreed to have our kids hang out on the condition they followed health rules (masking at time). Then they attended the illegal rodeo, where the kid said to mine that they were told there was no covid, then when my kid posted she got her vaccine, this kid started attacking my child on social media saying how stupid it was and that vaccines didn't work. They protested masks at the gym, and even lied on what the regulations where, and the kid would take off her mask at every chance, until she was told she would have leave and call her parents if she continued to violate the rules. We stopped any contact with them.

The dad is in his late 40's, claimed to be perfect health (he did look pretty healthy) on his social media pages as he posted his anti vax and mask stand. I see on their social that he had a really bad 'cold' maybe flu, and then was having problems breathing, so decided to call an ambulance. He was admitted into ICU with lung bleeding in his lungs, his liver now has an infection and has gone septic. They are praying for his care as he seems to be getting better. However, 'this cold or flu' was bad, (still in denial). They are asking for support by having distraction for they kids in terms of playdates. Yet, they are still unvaccinated and want to have friends over for their many kids.

I am torn as a person who always wants to help especially when there are kids involved, but cannot. I don't think I can look at them without asking if they have their vaccinations yet before I allow my child to see them. I don't think can refrain from saying that God gave them a vaccine they could have taken which would have had a 92% chance that the dad wouldn't be in the hospital. That the dad should get out of ICU asap (either dead or alive whatever is faster) so my other friend can reschedule his stage 4 cancer surgery. I have concluded the kindest thing I can do is just keep the thoughts to myself. If seeing their father in the hospital like this doesn't open their eyes, nothing will. I am sad for the kids because they could lose their father, and their father are raising idiots too.

I hope they will change their stance and tell their anti vax community to get vaccinated, but I see those who are loudest spreading wrong information are quietest when they can share the truth.
... amen.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I always thought Sanofi was the most common one. But I guess that's my experience.

... he was and I didn't know Sanofi produces the flu vaccine and in Ontario too? I just get the shot annually as directed by my physician based on past experience, with one particularly bad/nasty bout to potentially send me to ER. Caught it at work or enroute too.
Man, I really should verify these things before I post. They do have a manufacturing plant in Ontario, the former Connaught Labs that the government sold off. It looks like flu vaccines aren't actually produced there (packaged there), but they produce others. https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/projects/sanofi-pasteur/ They are building a new flu vaccine plant though, but expecting completion in 2027. https://globalnews.ca/news/7730511/canada-vaccine-sanofi-facility-ontario/

·
Registered
21,717 Posts
I know you're trying to be funny but people will start arguing that now too. Sigh.

Yes I absolutely plan to get the flu shot. The big reason is that if I ever come down with symptoms, it will be a huge stress not knowing if it's influenza or covid-19. And I'd hate to have to go see a doctor / walk in clinic with influenza, in the middle of the pandemic.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am not planning to get a flu vaccine, a few reasons, it’s just a flu, most people muzzled, the shot is even less effective (Google cdc flu effectiveness) than corona vaccines.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I've never taken a flu shot in my life.

I think in my whole life I've only ever got tetanus (which is way out of date) and I got Hep C. Maybe B. Who even knows.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Flu shots are pretty ineffective but my wife & I have taken ours like good compliant Canadians
Hope we separate!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wife and I got our senior flu shot at local Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday. Have a choice of regular or 'high dose' and we got the latter for better protection. No side effect at all after 24 hours.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
I've never taken a flu shot in my life.

I think in my whole life I've only ever got tetanus (which is way out of date) and I got Hep C. Maybe B. Who even knows.
If you were a child in Canada, you have had all kinds of vaccinations, so why all the concern now ?

4621 - 4640 of 4922 Posts