Canadian Money Forum banner
4601 - 4620 of 4922 Posts

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
my parents double vaccinated three months after second dose got sick with covid recently.
their unvaccinated neighbours had covid five months earlier. All recovered, no hospitalization.

Their neighbours asking the question what is the point of getting vaccinated? If you still going to get sick.

how I see it? Risk of Covid for normal people is greatly exaggerated, protection from vaccinated are greatly overrated.
Good stuff for big pharma, big profits.
As said many times, the vaccine doesn't completely stop someone from catching Covid (though it does reduce the chances), it prevent severe outcomes. My mom's home does constant rapid testing. One staff member testing positive, a visitor and their family member tested positive (two different instances according to health officials). All three fully vaccinated. The difference this time, is all of them have recovered with mild symptoms. Last time two times prior to vaccines when there were cases, 9 our 15 people died at the first out break and 4 out of 7 died the second outbreak.

This time the cases have been contained, and the home all had their 3 dose that same week. I am sure this is due to the vaccines the much better results in reduced spread and no deaths this time. Though this is anecdotal, the information is in line with the rest of the studies. The message is vaccines will reduce (not eliminate) transmission, and you most likely won't have severe outcome if you do get it.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Because I paid isn't an acceptable reason to infringe on my human rights.
I do understand your logic, and it makes sense. Except what about MY right not to be infected by someone not vaccinated. They are the highest spreaders right now, am I and my family wrong for expecting a duty of care from others.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I do understand your logic, and it makes sense. Except what about MY right not to be infected by someone not vaccinated. They are the highest spreaders right now, am I and my family wrong for expecting a duty of care from others.
So you have a right not to be infected by unvaccinated? Never heard of that one
What about a right not to be infected by vaccinated? Never heard of that one either.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
I don't think you have the "right" not to be infected by a communicable disease.
But lets assume that you do.

If my right to have medical control of my body overrules someones right to life, with 100% certainty, I can't fathom how we would surrender medical autonomy to potentially protect someone from a very slim chance of death.

Basically almost any "it saves lives" argument to interfere with medical autonomy falls flat really fast, as long as you support abortion. If you don't support abortion, the argument for mandatory vaccinations makes more ethical sense.

To me, that's the most important part. The intersection of the pro abortion- mandatory vax groups and the anti abortion & anti vax groups. They're simultaneously holding views on both sides of the medical autonomy argument.

Secondly most of us agree that it is appropriate to restrict COVID19 positive individuals, as they present a risk.
I don't see the risk of a person who isn't COVID positive.
Vaccinated people can get COVID19 and spread it, unvaccinated people can get COVID19 and spread it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
A long-term care home in Toronto put 36% of its staff on unpaid leave after they refused to get vaccinated, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp reported.

so much for unemployment insurance. To bad they don’t have money to get a good layers

·
Registered
16,784 Posts

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
A long-term care home in Toronto put 36% of its staff on unpaid leave after they refused to get vaccinated, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp reported.

so much for unemployment insurance. To bad they don’t have money to get a good layers
For the last (almost) 2 years, they worked as heros without a vaccine, now they're pariahs.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
For the last (almost) 2 years, they worked as heros without a vaccine, now they're pariahs.
The difference being lock downs no doubt. If everything is going to open up, including long term care homes, vaccinations are needed.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
The threat of a variant being incubated among the un-vaccinated also remains a clear and present danger.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
The threat of a variant being incubated among the un-vaccinated also remains a clear and present danger.
The threat of a variant being incubated among the vaccinated also remains a clear and present danger.

The difference being lock downs no doubt. If everything is going to open up, including long term care homes, vaccinations are needed.
It seems quite clear you think vaccinations are going to stop this.
I blame the government misinformation campaign.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If the Merck anti viral covid treatment could eliminate the need for vaccines and booster shots. It a person tests positive you take it in a pill form. If covid is detected at an early stage it reduces the risk of hospitalizations by 77%. They have applied for emergency use. You can know buy rapid test kits in the USA for $20..00. If one feels like he has a symptom you take the test and if it is positive you get a prescription and take one pill per day for 5 days. If approved an excellent tool to keep covid infected people out of the hospitals.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
If the Merck anti viral covid treatment could eliminate the need for vaccines and booster shots. It a person tests positive you take it in a pill form. If covid is detected at an early stage it reduces the risk of hospitalizations by 77%. They have applied for emergency use. You can know buy rapid test kits in the USA for $20..00. If one feels like he has a symptom you take the test and if it is positive you get a prescription and take one pill per day for 5 days. If approved an excellent tool to keep covid infected people out of the hospitals.
I think it's best used in concert with the vaccines and booster shots. The vaccine reduces the risk of hospitalizations by 84.5%, vs 77% for this pill. Also, it's always better to prevent getting sick than to treat an illness. If you prevent the illness, then the person can't spread it.

I do think it is good to have such a treatment, for those who haven't been vaccinated, or for breakthrough infections. Anything that will reduce the load on our hospitals is excellent news. Hopefully it will be approved.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Funny how that works, isn't it?
What is funny that incompetent people (pretend to be smart and fashionably pro vaccine) are trying to justify firing unvaccinated nurses by saying that unvaccinated nurses are transmit the covid to vaccinated people and risk their life.
Guess what, my fully vaccinated dad got infected with covid and transmitted it to my fully vaccinated mother. What are the chances?

·
Registered
21,717 Posts
What is funny that incompetent people (pretend to be smart and fashionably pro vaccine) are trying to justify firing unvaccinated nurses by saying that unvaccinated nurses are transmit the covid to vaccinated people and risk their life.
Guess what, my fully vaccinated dad got infected with covid and transmitted it to my fully vaccinated mother. What are the chances?
Unvaccinated people have a longer duration of infectiousness, and are more likely to transmit the virus to someone else. Vaccinated people have a shorter period and are less likely to spread the virus.

Anyone can spread the virus to another person, vaccinated or not. It's a difference of degree and probability of infecting another person.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Nothing you said surprises me.
These vaccines are AAA BS.

With that being said, I hope your parents are both OK.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Nothing you said surprises me.
These vaccines are AAA BS.

With that being said, I hope your parents are both OK.
A little advice KaeJS. If all you are going to do is keep wishing the observations you see indicate only what you "want" them to indicate, you might get lucky and escape harm from the virus, but that way of looking at the world will definitely kill you in the stock market.

You only need to see a single days results, with respect to infections, hospitalizations, ICUs and deaths, from any jurisdiction in the world, to know that the vaccines are certainly not AAA BS. They are very effective. Obviously you don't want that to be true but as I said, that does not change the fact that it is.

·
Registered
859 Posts
that the vaccines are certainly not AAA BS
Tell this to triple vaccinated Israeli, living in forever restrictions.
I don’t think the danger of the virus is the cause for restrictions, here the university has over 94% of fully vaccinated, and there still restrictions. Government wants more control over people and experimenting how far people (aka sheep) will let government go with restrictions, to stay in power forever. That’s all.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Unvaccinated people have a longer duration of infectiousness, and are more likely to transmit the virus to someone else. Vaccinated people have a shorter period and are less likely to spread the virus.

Anyone can spread the virus to another person, vaccinated or not. It's a difference of degree and probability of infecting another person.
Very true with one add on. Most vaccinated won't get the virus in the first place and if in there're case that they do contact the virus it will be in there system for a much shorter period of time. Sure its possible for breakthrough cases to spread the virus but it is a much lower risk. As inexpert on the subject says image two weddings each with a 100 guests. One fully vaccinated and ne unvaccinated. One guest at each event has the Delta varies. At the unvaccinated event the Delta spreads unabated . At the vaccinated events most of the guest never get the Delta virus and for those that do the period of time it is in their systems much shorter than the unvaccinated. This is especially so if the vaccinated group had received the booster shot.

4601 - 4620 of 4922 Posts