Canadian Money Forum banner
4581 - 4600 of 4653 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
You control your body, even if it results in the death of another person.
Not until health care is privatized and everyone pays for their treatment. In that case I don’t care if you vaccinated or not.
At the moment I have to pay for the treatment of unvaccinated and more, with my taxes.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Not until health care is privatized and everyone pays for their treatment. In that case I don’t care if you vaccinated or not.
At the moment I have to pay for the treatment of unvaccinated and more, with my taxes.
Because I paid isn't an acceptable reason to infringe on my human rights.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Because I paid isn't an acceptable reason to infringe on my human rights.
Everyone is a hero and so humane rights protective, until it’s too late.

Dr. Alexander Wong

@awong37

Person in Regina hospital. Crying. Dying. "I should have had my shots. My wife had hers. She kept telling me to get mine. I'm going to die, aren't I?" He spoke w/ family one last time before going to ICU. He told them he was so sorry. He died 3 days later, alone.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
I heard that Health Canada was going to authorize rich people's drugs for covid for regular folks.

I think soon we will have "the pill" and that will be the end of covid.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Any 3rd dose recipients here yet?
Got my 3rd shot of Moderna today. No issues...Got the flu vaccine while I was there...no issues.
Applied for my $100 reward from Alberta gov incentive program. Will buy a bottle of Oban with the funds!

fwiw the Shoppers Drug Mart I used has been very busy handing out Covid shots....swarmed yesterday...about 4 people lined up today.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
My mom is under active cancer treatment and still hasn't been able to get a 3rd shot in Ontario. Lots of “I don’t know”s from her GP and oncologist.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
All the residents in my wife's retirement home have their 3rd vaccination. None of the employees do yet.

One of the employees left work today to get her first vaccination. She got tired of sitting in the parking lot every morning waiting for test results.

My son texted me that he got his first vax. He suffers from severe anxiety with anywhere that smells of antiseptic like clinics and hospitals. He has fainted a couple of times in the past and hurt himself. They all got told by the boss to get it done or find new jobs. He gave them a paid day off to get it done. I think he went with his pals and they would make sure he didn't hit the floor if he passed out. I wish he could get over this medicinal clinic anxiety thing.......big strong guy and all, but he can't help it. He got it done at a Shoppers Drug Mart.

The vaccine mandates are working.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
My mom is under active cancer treatment and still hasn't been able to get a 3rd shot in Ontario. Lots of “I don’t know”s from her GP and oncologist.
I hope she is getting treatment as needed, and maybe they will give it to her there.

·
Registered
829 Posts
my parents double vaccinated three months after second dose got sick with covid recently.
their unvaccinated neighbours had covid five months earlier. All recovered, no hospitalization.

Their neighbours asking the question what is the point of getting vaccinated? If you still going to get sick.

how I see it? Risk of Covid for normal people is greatly exaggerated, protection from vaccinated are greatly overrated.
Good stuff for big pharma, big profits.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
my parents double vaccinated three months after second dose got sick with covid recently.
their unvaccinated neighbours had covid five months earlier. All recovered, no hospitalization.

Their neighbours asking the question what is the point of getting vaccinated? If you still going to get sick.
... the same old justifying question (aka excuse). Let's see how long your neighbours' luck is going to hold out ... for the duration of the pandemic with variants emergents ... a few more months? A year?

how I see it? Risk of Covid for normal people is greatly exaggerated, protection from vaccinated are greatly overrated.
... what's "normal" people? So are the people who died from Covid not considered normal? Were they inferior or special that they were 'targeted' with Covid. And that the non-normal (superman/woman?) people are immune? You do realize there is/was a disclaimer ("it's not a silver bullet) put on the vaccines.

Good stuff for big pharma, big profits.
... that would be a good thing if Canada has its own production line. Heck even the weeds would be profitable if enough Canadians jump on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
829 Posts
a few more months? A year?
I don’t know. But apparently natural immunity is more robust and last longer.
what's "normal" people?
I guess majority of people.
You see, in Ukraine vaccination rates are already low, majority of people don’t care about covid vaccines, don’t believe in their effectiveness, and when situations like this arise, when fully vaccinated people (minority in Ukraine) are getting sick, it doesn’t give more credit for the vaccine.
People want measles vaccines effectiveness for covid vaccines, they are not going to listen to your scientific excuses about mutations.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Another interesting observation, dad had minimal response to the vaccine and now his symptoms are relatively mild. Mother had strong response to the vaccine and here covid symptoms are more concerning. Good thing they got a good family doctor , who checks on them regularly (unfortunately she had lost a husband from covid, before the vaccines) over the phone.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
The jabs do not give you immunity to catching the virus. They reduce the odds of catching it and might reduce the impact. Continue to mask up if you want to avoid infection. And also to protect others.

There will be other versions if we get Delta under control. They might come from Africa.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I don't share your faith in 10 cent masks. No one wears them properly...we doff & donn them 5x / hour...they don't get changed out. They are equivalent to coughing into my elbow. I laugh pretty hard observing the average person using masks as a shield against Covid. Just get vaxxed & forget about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't share your faith in 10 cent masks. No one wears them properly...we doff & donn them 5x / hour...they don't get changed out. They are equivalent to coughing into my elbow. I laugh pretty hard observing the average person using masks as a shield against Covid. Just get vaxxed & forget about it.
It really is that simple. Yet we still have people yelling at each other. The government, employers, and media dividing society more and more by the day.

·
Registered
14,330 Posts
When it comes to my family I don’t care about your made up statistics.
Wait until you or your family get sick and it won’t be anecdotical to you.
Magical thinking.

Kind of like saying 'the first five times I pulled the trigger playing Russian roulette, therefore it is safe'.

4581 - 4600 of 4653 Posts