Canadian Money Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2586 Posts

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
I missed 1st vaccine by 1 day.... Last week THP started to invite for 2nd dose ppl who got vaccine on Apr 18 or earlier.....I got on Apr 19 :(

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
They provided range. Maximum is 42 days
I must have missed that. I got my in 55 days... I haven't died from COVID or the vaccine, and seem to be fine so far. I still stand by its safer to get your second shot even if it's after the 42 days than to take the chances with COVID and the variants, which is only about ~30% effective with one shot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I must have missed that. I got my in 55 days... I haven't died from COVID or the vaccine, and seem to be fine so far. I still stand by its safer to get your second shot even if it's after the 42 days than to take the chances with COVID and the variants, which is only about ~30% effective with one shot.
They don't really advertise they are ignoring recommendations of the scientists who created the vaccine.
Government website, as of January 2021:

The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) addresses the question of delaying the second dose of vaccine in their updated Recommendations on the use of COVID-19 Vaccine. Within the limitations of currently available data, NACI advises that while the second dose should be given according to the approved schedule if possible, jurisdictions may consider delaying the second dose due to logistic or epidemiologic reasons until further supplies of the vaccine become available, preferably within 42 days (6 weeks) of the first dose. In their expert view, this interval increase is expected to yield similarly high protection seen with second dose administration at 21 or 28 days after the first dose. This is consistent with recommendations released on January 8, 2021 by the World Health Organization that provides flexibility to extend the dose interval up to 42 days in circumstances of vaccine supply constraint and high disease burden.

Canada’s Chief Medical Officers of Health support NACI’s recommendations. We agree that administration of two doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines must be maintained in line with current evidence and regulatory approvals, and efforts should be made to keep with the manufacturers’ vaccine schedule.

Pfizer fact sheet:

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
An anti-vax nurse tried, and failed, to make a key stick to her neck as proof that COVID-19 vaccines make you magnetic

A woman testifying at an Ohio Statehouse hearing made a failed attempt to get a key and a bobby pin to stick to her neck Tuesday, frustrating her attempt to prove a conspiracy theory that COVID-19 vaccines make people magnetic.

The woman, who was identified as a nurse by the local news site the Ohio Capital Journal, was speaking at a hearing to promote the GOP-sponsored House Bill 248, which addresses civil liberties around vaccines.

Taking the stand, the unnamed nurse tried a practical demonstration of the conspiracy theory. Video of the testimony was posted by the Ohio Capital Journal reporter Tyler Buchanan:
The nurse said she took her cues from an earlier speaker, the conspiracist doctor Sherri Tenpenny, who wrote "Saying No to Vaccines" and had been invited to the hearing by Republicans. ...
... I guess these 2 got their 5 minutes of fame. Why the hell do they want to be healthcare providers in the first place when a career in conspiracy theorying would be better suited for them with better pay too. :rolleyes:

These 2 might have better luck on AGT with Simon being one of the judges ... LMAO.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Vaccine lottery: Manitobans eligible for cash, scholarships if they get a COVID shot

Manitobans need to be bribed to get vaccinated? Wow, that's so UNCanadian.
Might be not only Manitobans.
Sask. first doses stall, but 'too early' to say if vaccine ceiling has been reached, economist says

I personally should have waited for my first shot before cash is offered. Hopefully will get some cash for my second dose.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
There used to be smoking and non smoking areas in restaurants. Maybe we will need vaccinated and non vaccinated areas.

I doubt people will want to return to crowded restaurants if they don't know how many unvaccinated people are sitting around them.

Businesses want to open to full capacity, so it is likely vaccinations will be required.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Heart inflammation in young men higher than expected after Pfizer, Moderna vaccines -U.S. CDC
A higher-than-expected number of young men have experienced heart inflammation after their second dose of the mRNA COVID-19 shots from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, according to data from two vaccine safety monitoring systems, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There used to be smoking and non smoking areas in restaurants. Maybe we will need vaccinated and non vaccinated areas.

I doubt people will want to return to crowded restaurants if they don't know how many unvaccinated people are sitting around them.

Businesses want to open to full capacity, so it is likely vaccinations will be required.

View attachment 21770
I am willing to make a friendly bet that in 2 months noone will even remember about vaccines, care about passports, verification, etc. People aren't meant to be segregated and it won't take long before they aren't.
You also would be discriminating against people who can't get vaccinated for genuine reasons

·
Registered
7,378 Posts

Smoking releases toxic pollution, you're actively poisoning people. Also smoking and non smoking sections didn't work, which is why they got rid of them.

You seem to think you have the right to tell other people what they should do. That's not the way a free country is supposed to work.
Also history, and even present day, the authoritarian states really tend not to do too well, though I think Singapore is a very interesting exception.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Might be not only Manitobans.
Sask. first doses stall, but 'too early' to say if vaccine ceiling has been reached, economist says
View attachment 21769
I personally should have waited for my first shot before cash is offered. Hopefully will get some cash for my second dose.
... wishful thinking if you do not reside in Manitoba (or Saskatchewan). Maybe Manitoba will offer free baby-sitting services too for ages 12 and above.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
I am willing to make a friendly bet that in 2 months noone will even remember about vaccines, care about passports, verification, etc. People aren't meant to be segregated and it won't take long before they aren't.
You also would be discriminating against people who can't get vaccinated for genuine reasons
If there are enough un-vaccinated people to justify it.......businesses will provide more space for them in the un-vaccinated section.........out back.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Personally I won't enter any restaurant that doesn't require vaccinations, and I think a lot of other people would avoid such places.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Personally I won't enter any restaurant that doesn't require vaccinations, and I think a lot of other people would avoid such places.
Why?
If you're vaccinated, the risk is miniscule.

Honestly, give the vaccine to those who want it, and those who don't, don't get it.
I think everyone should get vaccinated, but your body your choice, and we have no right to demand a medical intervention on another person.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
I won't be going to any restaurants that don't require vaccinations. I suspect I will have lots of choices.
I don't believe a restaurant can deny access to someone because they don't have a vaccination.
Most obviously religious exemptions.
Secondly millions of Canadians are prohibited from getting vaccinations.
Then of course there are many where this vaccination may not be medically appropriate.

The most important thing is that I do not think it is reasonable to require a person to undertake a potentially lethal medical intervention to access a public restaurant.

2561 - 2580 of 2586 Posts