Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, in the tax forms under home office business expenses there is a box for electricity and one for heat.
What if electricity is the source of your heat, how would this be distinguished for the two entries?

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello, in the tax forms under home office business expenses there is a box for electricity and one for heat.
What if electricity is the source of your heat, how would this be distinguished for the two entries?

Thanks
I put all under electricity and leave the heat at zero. Maybe “gas” would be a more appropriate label.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a unified utility bill with gas, electricity, water, garbage, everything. I just put the total under one heading - probably heat, I don't remember. They don't seem to care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just one box for both, so for electricity. Who cars, you will pay for both. BTW, how much do you pay on electricity and gas energy? It seems to me that I pay too much. A friend of mine moved to the UK, 1 per watt. He pays almost 80 monthly. What? How is this possible, he just switched to another supplier a cheaper one thanks to usave compare and save online | usave.co.uk How can I do the same here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts