Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple of hundreds of amerian dollars, want to trade for canadian. Should I do it now or wait a couple of weeks till the CAD gets lower?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got a couple of hundreds of amerian dollars, want to trade for canadian. Should I do it now or wait a couple of weeks till the CAD gets lower?
/me goes to random.org, and rolls a number between 1 and 100. If it's <= 50, maybe you should convert.

<random.org returned 23>

K.

·
Registered
229 Posts
When you have USD and want to convert to CAD ... right now is not so good time, although no one can tell whether CAD will get higher or lower in the future.

But then if you are only converting "a couple of hundreds" .. it probably make very little difference, so it just depends on whether you need the money in CAD or not, or when you need it.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Why not simply keep the currency? Stuff it under your mattress or something. There is no harm in keeping a small amount of cash in the house, just in case of ice storm, blackout etc. If the cash is from a different country, just keep it and you'll have it ready for a future trip state-side. You'll go sooner or later.

·
Banned
10 Posts
For just a couple hundred dollars, it isn't going to make that much of a difference. I go to the states at least a couple times a year, I just keep the money in my sock drawer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts