Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I keep saying ..... We are witnessing the collapse of American Empire.
The Covid-19 virus has sped the process up by 10 years.
Get Real! America can not compete with China. Period!
America has 350 million bankrupt citizens and China has 1.4 billion citizens with brand new credit cards.
Before the final collapse, America will first walk away from the United Nations and attempt to police the world via NATO member countries.

Must Monitor This Event :

The complete island of Japan has been contaminated with radioactive fallout from the The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (March 2011)

It is all about the wind ..... If the wind has not blown in the direction of Tokyo during the past 10 years, and only blew in the direction of the open seas, then it is the Japanese who are God's Chosen People and not the Jews.
Hundreds of fuel rods are heating water and creating steam which is entering the atmosphere and condensing and falling back to earth as it rains.

There are more than 200 nuclear fuel rods suspended more than 100 feet in the air and the extremely high temperature (4000 F.) of the fuel rods are being cooled with a Gazillion gallons of water each and every minute and for the past 10 years. Water is entering the air as steam and then condensing and returning to the ground as morning dew and/or rain. The robots required to remove these fuel rods have not even been invented yet.

The world is not equipped to handle 35 million Boat People. The collapse of the Japanese economy will cause a total collapse of the U.S. Dollar.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Calm, did you take your medicine today?
I easily realize or recognize that I rant on and on, but that only indicates that I have been a political news junkie since I was a kid. (Born 1948) And, I can type 90 mistakes a minute, so it is not work for me.

I used to own and host my own news aggregator website since 2004 and shut it down October 2019, I used to have 35 thousand unique visits to my website each month.
I have 16 thousand audio/Visual files which I have collected during the past 20 years.
I have perhaps 2000 e-Books.
I have collection of more than a quarter million articles and commentaries.
That is why I am able to quickly link to information. It is as if I owned my own Google.
------
If you are talking about my Japan opinion, well I have studied this issue alot.
In October 2019 before the Covid-19 virus was happening, I claimed that the Olympic Games would be cancelled.

I felt that it had to happen because Japan could not have so many tourists and independent journalists arrive and inform the world that the island is contaminated. No doubt a few would have geiger counters in their luggage because of the nuclear accident.
I thought that America would attack Iran and use this as an excuse to cancel the Japanese Olympics.
But, the virus accomplished this instead.
I still believe that before the final collapse, America will attack Iran.

Maybe you are one of those people who work in the financial industry and would want to discourage any talk about the collapse of American Hegmony.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Maybe you are one of those people who work in the financial industry and would want to discourage any talk about the collapse of American Hegmony.

Nope, I'm just a sensible retired guy, about your age, that recognizes an entertaining rant. Carry on.

ltr

·
Registered
16,702 Posts
I do agree that we are seeing the collapse of the American empire, but I think it's a gradual collapse. I don't think they will suddenly lose all their wealth, and they will still be major players.

Think of how the British Empire collapsed. They are still a significant force in the world today; Britain is not irrelevant, just because they lost their empire. They DID lose land and wealth, and military power, but they remain a very wealthy country with a (generally) good economy and great quality of life.

I think the same will be true of America. I think they will lose their military dominance and world influence, and lose some wealth. But I still think America will remain a major world power for a long time. They will still be quite wealthy, and have a pretty good economy.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I agree. I am thinking total collapse by 2030.
The loss of the Reserve Currency status that will destroy the financial system.
Britain would have little or no influence if it were not for such loose banking rules, money laundering and other types of tax a\voidance.
Derivatives and the hypothecation of gold is quite relevant too.
It also has a central bank (and Rothschild) and can print money at will.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Is CALM an acronym?
It is a long story.

My name is Calm and I am an identical twin.
My twin brother's name is Dot.

Dot has a "Suspicious Mind" and Calm is a "Suspicion Counter".

Calm is my default and not simply my fault.
I'm a suspicion counter and I'm gainfully employed by Suspicious Minds.
I'm a psychic amnesiac with peripheral vision.
I know in advance what I'll forget; And, most times I see far into the future;
But just way off to one side.

I own this domain name and hope it will be worth money some day
DotAndCalm.com

·
Registered
433 Posts
Because this is just the beginning of a riotous summer, I would think that the markets will drop at least 500 points on opening ...... Then the plunge team manipulates the data at about 11am and again at around 2pm when the Federal Reseve steps up.

Gold might increase by 50 bucks. (It is now $2,381 Canadian.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Damn I am close to breaking my investing plan. There seems to be such little upside to the market right now with a massive downside.

It really feels like selling everything seems like at worst a 'meh choice' and at best a genius move.

Any one else struggling with this?
This honestly depends on your time horizon. If you're long term and don't need the cash, why sell? If history repeats itself the best move is to just wait this out (assuming your portfolio consists of reputable companies). On the other hand if you're an active trader you can take the gamble: sell your stocks on "clearance sale" in hopes of buying them on a "clearance clearance sale"

·
Registered
433 Posts
FED’s $10 Trillion Defends Assets of the Rich
The Federal Reserve is directly buying stocks, bonds, junk bonds, mortgages, junk mortgages, all to prop up the value of assets owned by the top 5%. This does not spur much new production or create jobs.
Paul Jay interviews Michael Hudson
By Michael Hudson
June 01, 2020
Transcript:

·
Registered
16,702 Posts
FED’s $10 Trillion Defends Assets of the Rich
The Federal Reserve is directly buying stocks, bonds, junk bonds, mortgages, junk mortgages, all to prop up the value of assets owned by the top 5%. This does not spur much new production or create jobs.
Of course it just helps the rich. The Federal Reserve is buying all the assets held by wealthy people and pension funds. They've been doing this ever since QE started in 2009.

Now imagine if the recent $4 trillion in newly printed money was spread across all US citizens. When you consider only true citizens and people over 18, it might be like $20,000 each.

How about if all the Federal Reserve stimulus since 2008 was given directly to citizens instead of pumping the assets held by the rich? I don't have the numbers in front of me but it would probably work out to something like $30,000 to $50,000 cash per US citizen especially if you disqualify very high income earners.

What has been more useful? The trillions of $ used to buy corporate bonds & equities? Or something on the order of $50,000 cash in the pocket of each lower/middle class American?

America really has two choices. They can start distributing this printed / free money more equally, or they can wait for the poor people to come and take it from the rich.

And nobody is going to believe the "we can't afford it" response. America has already printed trillions of $ and pumped it directly into bonds & equities. The whole time, Wall Street, economists, and business people have cheered and celebrated it (because they were the beneficiaries).

So the precedent is established. In 2020, we print lots of money. The question is: who gets to join the party?

·
Registered
433 Posts
All the fencing and fortifications at the White House is not because of a few unarmed protesters were screaming outside.

They are talking and acting as though it was 1989 ..

I'm thinking that fencing companies are going to find lots of work building higher barriers around gated communities.
Each day I become more and more convinced that the Ruling Class are making ready for the oncoming collapse of empire.
The U.S. capitalists must deal with 40 million unemployed and everyone is pretending to be asleep at the wheel.
Why is it that the media is all caught up with protests when 40 million people gotta pay the rent and buy groceries?
Why is nobody talking about the Federal Reserve printing trillions more to bail out 40 million people?
Are they waiting for the burial to happen on Tuesday? Is that when Biden will choose his Black VP and then suggest it is a new day in America and then encourage that the Fed intervene?
There is something very-very fishy happening here.

Does any person reading these forums have any idea how America is going to deal with 20 or even 40 million unemployed for the next six months?

Has the Ruling Class decided to allow more people tp die from poverty related problems than Covid-19?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I blinked. I cashed out 80% of my kids RESP today and put it in a money market fund.

He's well ahead of where he needs to be and sitting out for two months seems like a pretty low FOMO decision.

I know this is effectively gambling and I'm not proud of it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I blinked. I cashed out 80% of my kids RESP today and put it in a money market fund.

He's well ahead of where he needs to be and sitting out for two months seems like a pretty low FOMO decision.

I know this is effectively gambling and I'm not proud of it.
how old is he?

i partially neglected my kids RESPs until early 2019. They were 15 and 14 at the time and 100% in A dividend growth fund. Moved about 50% into bond funds early last year and will probably continue moving 10% each year. While the oldest will need some money in 2 years, I’m trying to look out to their final year of undergrad to determine my time frame. In that case, I still have 6 years to go for the oldest. Admittedly , it‘s my first experience in any of my investing that the time frame is nearing the end, all my other investing has goals that are 20+ years out. I’ll be trying some market timing....not prepared to go all cash yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
how old is he?

i partially neglected my kids RESPs until early 2019. They were 15 and 14 at the time and 100% in A dividend growth fund. Moved about 50% into bond funds early last year and will probably continue moving 10% each year. While the oldest will need some money in 2 years, I’m trying to look out to their final year of undergrad to determine my time frame. In that case, I still have 6 years to go for the oldest. Admittedly , it‘s my first experience in any of my investing that the time frame is nearing the end, all my other investing has goals that are 20+ years out. I’ll be trying some market timing....not prepared to go all cash yet.
He's about to turn 10. He's done really well having been putting in the 2,500 each year and being in 100% equities (mostly US) for the last 8 years.

I dialed him down to 85% equities this year but that doesn't mean much anyway.

I hate investing with my gut because more often than not my gut is a moron.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts