Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I had looked at LAS in the past and did a quick comparison this evening P/E, P/B Debt, PEG etc. It has better numbers on that basis but had a major dividend cut in 2019. For me that is a huge red flag.

Although stocks who do business out side of Canada are more difficult to analyze I view the diversification of holdings as a plus for most stocks.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
SAP is really getting hammered...

I bought a bunch at 28.05 yesterday and it ended the day in the 27s today.

Crazy times.
I guess the market really is pricing in another lockdown and restaurant issues.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Today's intraday was quite volatile. I am tempted to pull the trigger on SAP as I am underweight on Consumer Staples. The Canadian bank earnings are either priced into the market or being overshadowed by inflation and Omicron. Would have to sell something to establish a full position.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Your back in the green on your purchase this week. Volatility is alive and well.
I like to hear views contrary to my own to mitigate confirmation bias. As companies get bigger they have to work harder to see growth. Although ROE has come down from where it was I don't believe SAP to go crazy with its acquisitions like a CPG etc. I appreciate when companies realize sometimes growth opportunities are not there and reward shareholders with share buyback and sustainable dividend increases while they look for suitable places to deploy capital. We'll likely see more market volatility the rest of the year.

Brian Madden discusses Saputo Inc. - Brian Madden discusses Saputo Inc. (bnnbloomberg.ca)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
SAP_Q1_2023_MDA_ANG.pdf

Great earnings report today for period ending June 2022.

One of the highlights was revenue up 24%. Outlook also looks good. SP up over 9% on the day. If the next earnings report shows similar results there is a chance we will see a dividend increase in the 2-3% range we have seen previously. I would like to see a larger increase but I think prudence is needed in the current economic environment. I will be content if they keep the increase streak alive. However, will be interesting to see what inflation does to operating costs.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
SAP is really getting hammered...

I bought a bunch at 28.05 yesterday and it ended the day in the 27s today.

Crazy times.
I guess the market really is pricing in another lockdown and restaurant issues.
Should have bought more.

If I had a dime for every time I've said this, I would be rich 🤣

From $28 to $34 in 8 months.
I'll take that 21% return.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
@KaeJS I had a bid in awhile back when it was floating around $24-$25. I refused to chase it past $26. Oh well, happy to have bought at the end of last year and am holding longer term. I think most of the pandemic headwinds are past them now, and things will even get better when air travel gets itself sorted.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts