Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have had a small amount of Riocan stocks in my RRSP Questrade account for a long time now. The stock yield (%5.24) is not bad but considering the current housing bubble looming, Do you think its better to hold, buy or sell? I know Riocan is mostly invested in commercial holdings but I was wondering if I should sell it and buy some MAW104 instead.

I currently have %33 AQN.TO , %60 MAW104 and %7 REI.TO in my portfolio and the first two have done great so far. I'm holding some Scotiabank Dividend mutual funds BNS385 through my bank as well which I definitely need to get rid of. %1.5 MER but did well the last 10 years though.

I know I need to look into re-allocation of my assets and balance them. I am too exposed to stocks and heavy MER mutual funds.

Any thoughts or advice is very much appreciated....

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I would be concerned about the 33% AQN.TO. You have one third of your portfolio in a single stock! What if something happens?

As for Rio-Can, I'm no expert but if you search the forum you can find another existing thread where a bunch of people have weighed in on it. My personal concern would not be the housing bubble, but rather the potential for interest rates to rise. REITs use a lot of leverage (debt) and so if interest rates rise, they can be negatively affected by that as their costs will increase.

As a side note, what is your native language? I have never seen the percentage sign before the numbers before and I find it intriguing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts