Canadian Money Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this article which states it is "From Canadian Business Online, September 20, 2005":

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/my_money/investing/article.jsp?content=20050921_131231_5836

"
Jim Chuong: "The lazy road to wealth"

Profession: Pharmaceutical sales rep
Main portfolio value: $190,000
Net worth: $400,000 (includes main portfolio, RRSP and investment properties)
"

If this is the same person as Rickson9, which it seems to be, then the article is suggesting his net worth in 2005 was 400K?

Rickson9, which is correct, that you were a "Millionaire at 30." as your signature suggests, or that you were worth 400K as the article does?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So according to that article and my rough math, at 26 he had a $45k portfolio that grew on average 23% for 7 years

I like the story and I'd love to do something similar but 6 stocks in clothing and apparel?

I'm not risk-averse but it doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The former is correct.
Of course it is. :confused: It can't be both.

So did you give incorrect information to the writer of the article, or did the writer incorrectly report your net asset. If they misreported, especially given your seeming style of wanting everyone in the world to know how rich and successful you are, can you point us to a correction that you surely requested from the article writer / magazine?

Thanks again.

·
Banned
701 Posts
So did you give incorrect information to the writer of the article, or did the writer incorrectly report your net asset.
Both.

If they misreported, especially given your seeming style of wanting everyone in the world to know how rich and successful you are, can you point us to a correction that you surely requested from the article writer / magazine?
No.

Thanks again.
Welcome.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So you are admitting to giving misinformation to a reporter for an article? Why would you do that?

Wow, this is really helping your credibility. :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully the misinformation you decide to give on this site or at your "pay for information" seminar is minimized to nil; but who will really know?

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
IMO, Rickson9's posts on this forum are stinking more and more of haughtiness and nonchalance.
I wonder why he's wasting his time posting here.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The last time I checked his website he wanted to teach us all how to buy stocks. Now, a couple of months later, it's all about distressed real estate. $500 per person? No thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would act the same as Rickson....

and be short with ssimps. Rickson9 has been very open on this forum and offered many personal details on this website and offered help to many people. ssimps has just give out Rickson9 real name which Rickson9 clearly did not want or he would have used his real name (or part of) on this site or his website. And now ssimps is calling him a liar.

Wow, I thought I was done with high school!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
and be short with ssimps. Rickson9 has been very open on this forum and offered many personal details on this website and offered help to many people.
Based on the article and R9's responses, I have to question how much of his help is based on real experience and success. He has even eluded on another thread that the reason he posts so much on this site is so that he can advertise on his signature. I think it is important that members of this site be aware of this and also question it.

ssimps has just give out Rickson9 real name which Rickson9 clearly did not want or he would have used his real name (or part of) on this site or his website.
He gives all this information, including an address, on his website, so you can send him a $500 cheque. How have I done something wrong here?

And now ssimps is calling him a liar.
Both, he is admitting to being one from his replies to my questions, and therefore I am also. He is admitting to giving wrong information to the author of the article I found.

Don't you find it even a bit odd that he has not stepped up to defend his own integrity about this? Or that he has not posted anything stating that I am wrong calling him what I have? If he would show us how the article was wrong and everything he posts himself is the actual truth, I would be the first to retract my statements about warning people of his integrity.

What should we trust more, a published article about the person that was using information given by the person, or the persons personal website and signature that they can modify as they wish?

Wow, I thought I was done with high school!
So did I.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So according to that article and my rough math, at 26 he had a $45k portfolio that grew on average 23% for 7 years

I like the story and I'd love to do something similar but 6 stocks in clothing and apparel?

I'm not risk-averse but it doesn't make sense to me
Another way to look at this:

If we assume the information in the 2005 article is correct, I see no reason not to at this point, then:

In 2005 his net worth was $400K; lets assume that this was at the start of 2005 since the article is from Sept '05.

Based on his own website (lets assume these are correct) here are his returns and net worth for 2005 - 2008:

2005: -3.6% = 385,600 net worth
2006: +8.6% = 418,761.60 net worth
2007: +22.4 = 512,564.20 net worth
2008: -33.4% = 341,367.76

So based on this, and if my math is correct, his net worth at the end of 2008 was $341,367.76, less than when the article was written in 2005!

Math is fun!

But I am sure that 2009 is going to be a great year for him. Maybe he will actually end up becoming a millionaire this year.

I am now also confident he is correct that he has nothing to learn from anyone about investing as he has posted on this forum. :confused:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.