Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum,

I opened the RESP TD Canada mutual fund account for my son a month ago and at the same time I had given them the forms for converting it to e-series. I received the confirmation email regarding that.

I had purchased two e-series funds 100 CAD each in the feb 2013. On March 1 the online account showed the entry of 40 CAD purchase of TD CDN Money Mkt (which is not e-series mutual funds). When I went through the Canada Education Savings Grant Application there is an entry named RESP Specimen Plan Number which indicates 1066001, I guess which may corresponds to it.

So, my question is how can I stop my Canada Education Savings Grant automatically getting invested in the TD CDN Money Mkt?

Is there any way to I can purchase e-series directly from Canada Education Savings Grant money?

Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They told me that, e-series funds can not be directly purchased with the grant money. Is this true??

·
Banned
84 Posts
You cannot have the grant money purchase e-series funds, but you can purchase I-series index funds with the money. I have the grant money put into a money market fund and transfer the money market fund every month to the lagging e-series fund. You can get around the minimum purchase amount by transferring the entire balance of the money market fund each month.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts