Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Your entire useless rant is based on assumption that records exist.
What if they don't?

And in exactly what way would church benefit financially by working in residential schools? It is not like student's paid tuition? The only way church could have benefited financially is if GOVERNMENT PAID THEM to EXTERMINATE CHILDREN.

Why should descendants of whoever was hired by the government to exterminate children pay reparations for the government deciding to have aboriginal children exterminated?

You don't blame every single german soldier for holocaust. You blame the german government at the time for ordering them to do so. Same applies here. Government is guilty of extermination.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Do they expect other Churches to fund raise and pay compensation for what some long dead group of other people did?

Yes......or take it out of petty cash.
Well that's the problem, you think people who weren't involved should pay.
Why not just make Sags pay for all this? You're as responsible as almost everyone else.

You have to remember, all the offenders are dead.
You want retribution, but they're gone.
Their assets are gone.

You're demanding innocent people pay for actions they never committed.

·
Registered
15,619 Posts
The government and the church were two key principles of the abysmal program, and they are still very much around.

Maybe they are not accountable for more than they have already admitted, but why do they resist release of the documents that would prove that ?

The Catholic church already admitted to responsibility and agreed to pay damages. Then later they reneged on their committment.

More searches and investigations continue. This sad tale isn't going to blow away quietly.

The Catholic church is using the same deny and delay tactics it used in all the child abuse and pedophilia crimes from their past.

It did work to a great degree before and slid into the past, but I don't think they will get away with that tactic today.

The world is in a different place now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Some of the priests and nuns who ran residential schools are still alive: Cameron
That would impossible to prove in court that those people were responsible for death. Specifically from what I understand towards the end of schools there was no difference in mortality between tribes and schools.
case closed.
it would be interesting to conduct a survey and see who faired better kids that graduated residential or kids that stayed with their tribes.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
You had said "all".

Are you now going into denial of your own post?
Clarification.

When I was referring to offenders, I was referring to the people that were actively committing genocide.
This is a subset of the people running the schools.

We know there are thousands of kids who died at the schools.

I do believe that not very many died in the last few decades, and I don't think the level of abuse was the same.

In short, the people who killed thousands of children are most likely dead, those who worked during the last few decades at the schools did not commit the same crimes.

Do you really think the remaining residential schools of the 90's were still committing a genocide and dumping thousands into unmarked graves?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
it would be interesting to conduct a survey and see who faired better kids that graduated residential or kids that stayed with their tribes.
There are some who say they had good residential school experiences, however this is getting silenced as "hate speech".

It's interesting that the wealthy still use residential schools (boarding schools) for their kids.

Maybe it's simply the unaccountable nature of government that leads to these abuses?

·
Registered
15,619 Posts
When the investigators get the records from the Catholic church and government......maybe they will verify your theory.....or maybe not.

Until then, pressure on those responsible is going to continue to mount.

As the chiefs and others have said.....there are a lot more children to find and are all of them are calling out for justice.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
When the investigators get the records from the Catholic church and government......maybe they will verify your theory.....or maybe not.

Until then, pressure on those responsible is going to continue to mount.

As the chiefs and others have said.....there are a lot more children to find and are all of them are calling out for justice.
Are you suggesting that the Canadian government forcibly seized children from their parents, and is refusing to turn over the records?
FWIW, under provincial law, the organizations are immune from prosecution, I linked to this above.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts