Canadian Money Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real-life examples of RACISM & DISCRIMINATIONS happening at home (Canada) and spreading elsewhere

2K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  MrMatt 
#1 ·
Thought I give this topic its own thread instead of disrespectfully (unintentional) of hijacking the "Ruth Bader Ginsburg .... RIP..."s thread.

So can posts #99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 105, 106, 109, 110, 112, 113 & 114 from there be moved over to this thread? Thanks.

#3 ·
^ You mean "covert" as it hasn't happened yet ... where're the facts (stats) that 3.5% (whoppie vs 96.5% as being non-black) has been filled or is it just a PR exercise?

#4 ·
Major Canadian companies are publicly claiming they will systematically discriminate by race.
They either
1. Know they have a large number of competent and capable Black candidates who were passed over for promotion solely because of their race.
or
2. They intend to promote less capable candidates to meet a racist target.

Either they have been engaging in systematic racism, and know it, or they intend to start engaging in systematic racism, the latter is actually worse.
In both cases the executive and management are failing in their fiduciary duty to shareholders, and broader public and moral responsibility to act fairly to all people, irrespective of their race.

#5 · (Edited)
I suppose when a company looks at it's executives and sees a sea of white males.......maybe they had a discrimination problem.

In the recruitment process, I would think women and people of color have similar or better educational qualifications to those white males that were hired.

This is especially true today where the majority of students in higher education are non-white and women.

A second consideration in recruitment is experience, and that is where the discrimination aided the white males as they climbed the career ladder.

If you can't get hired and promoted because of your gender or race, you will never have the experience needed for the top levels.

Seriously, we are still dealing with employers who tell women what to wear to work, or how to "fix their hair or makeup".

It is only recently society rid itself of the "traditional" office parties where women were hit on by drunk male colleagues and expected to stay silent about it.

#6 ·
I suppose when a company looks at it's executives and sees a sea of white males.......maybe they had a discrimination problem.
I think it's pretty racist to look around a room and count up everyone by race.
I think the racists are just projecting that everyone else is racist too.

The reality is the world is made up of individuals.
I'm not a banking executive, not because of racism, or genitals, or a lack of interest/competence in math, or finance.
I simply don't want to be a banking executive.

#7 ·
The unelected United Nations is using racism to divide & conquer for their new agenda. The agenda is to control governments. This can be done easier by having members of government given power not by being elected but being assigned by race & sex.

The race card is smoke & mirror for the human rights that are being taken away.

Creed what people believe & think is being censored if it goes against the UN agenda. Throughout history there have been those that seek power & control & it is happening now with the COVID Scandle.

This site is a prime example of censoring creed what people think & believe. Posts that speak up against the scamdemic have been removed though slowly people are starting to see through the COVID scandle as less posts are being deleted.

What are you going to tell your grandchildren years from now? Are you going to tell them the truth that you were a sheep & followed orders by the tyrants just like those that hailed Hitler & never fought for freedom & silenced those that exposed the scandle or are you going to tell the truth & you fought back for human rights ?

#8 ·
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/white-woman-black-man-central-park-false-police-report-1.5761701

Amy Cooper, white woman charged in racist NYC run-in, made a 2nd 911 call

... Cooper made two 911 calls about the encounter, prosecutors said. In the call captured on a widely seen video of their exchange, she claimed the man was threatening her. In the second, previously unreported call, prosecutors said Cooper falsely alleged the man had "tried to assault her. ...
... wow, as if the first false call wasn't enough.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Is Canada all that different, other than maybe volume/consequences?

Cheers

#15 ·
#18 ·
Beyond stereotyping ... evidence of pervasive racism everywhere .. e.g. in the entertainment industry ...

Simu Liu Hits Back At Casting Notice Seeking Asian Actors With ‘No Monolid'

The actor didn't mince words when a casting notice called for a Korean or Chinese actress without a monolid.

... :ROFLMAO:
The entertainment industry is a well known cesspool of degeneracy and immoral behaviour.

In the real world there are racists out there, but ordinary normal people aren't racist, they honestly don't care about stuff like that.

If you go throughout your normal day, talking to normal people and all you see and hear is racism and sexism and discrimination, you're hanging out with the wrong people.

#22 ·
#26 ·
You're right, I'm a member of the "no-racism" club.
I honestly do not think race is a valid criteria to base actions or opinions on. I don't think we should treat people differently because of their race.

I'd have thought that most people were part of this club, but there are many who, like apparently you, choose to be in the pro-racism camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.