Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Not a huge surprise, some have been predicting this as a possibility over the last 6 months. Should help my REITs and some of the interest sensitives a little! I figured gold might have gotten a little boost from the announcement but it hasn't so far.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Remember when everyone sold their REITs, utilities and dividend stocks in 2013 because they had to position their portfolios for higher interest rates. I hope this illustrates why you shouldn't make moves based on what the street thinks will happen.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Wow, the rates keep dropping!

It feels like there is a global race to devalue currencies. The easy money keeps on coming.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well, time to pile into utilities and REITs. Worry about rates rising was the only thing holding me back from increasing my exposure to these great income assets.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I am not that old
It was a generalization. Everyone with money to "save" will get punished to some degree but I'm talking about those in retirement homes, long term care, etc. living year to year, month to month, etc. off of their savings / fixed income - barely making it...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Great... So prudent savers and old people get punished, while reckless 25-40 year olds who overpaid for a house that they couldn't even afford continue to get rewarded?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
It was a generalization. Everyone with money to "save" will get punished to some degree but I'm talking about those in retirement homes, long term care, etc. living year to year, month to month, etc. off of their savings / fixed income - barely making it...
OH!

at 54 I am not there yet

Thanks

and

Enjoy your day

1 - 20 of 171 Posts