Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear cdn moneyers?,

tried to apply to questrade and i made a mistake in my application pressed the "back" button on my browser and the site stopped responding...talked to someone "live" and they said it was because i was using firefox and i should lower the security settings in the browser or switch to i.explorer....i asked if they could help me find the security settings in firefox and they said no everyone uses explorer there(i asked if they had any techies familiar with firefox they said no)....i thought for sure that questrade works with firefox so i checked their website and their "technical requirements" state that
it does work with firefox so i sent them an email telling them what i found on their website and the reponse was :

"Thank you for contacting us.
As was mentioned previously to you, please use Internet Explorer on a Windows machine for all of your Questrade needs.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions."

i am not about to switch browsers so i am asking any firefox users in this forum if they have any problems applying to questrade and how they fixed the problem...specifically lowering the security settings in firefox (easy to find in explorer but firefox?)...

i cant be the only firefox user trying to apply to questrade!

sincerely
mikeinquebec

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've always used firefox with questrade. The issue you're experiencing is simply the fact that you pressed back. Now did the webpage have a back button or did you it the back button on the browser? Hitting the back on a browser while filling out forms on a secure site doesn't usually work so well. It has nothing to do with security settings.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Firefox works fine. There are still some sites that have issues with certain browsers that's why I use three. Primarily Firefox and Opera, IE is the backup as most (not all) work with it... FF is by far the most finnicky.

BTW, security settings are under Tools -> Options... and you should have a bookmark or two that came with Firefox to learn about the product for next time you need to know something. However, there is no need to make any changes for Questrade. Once you mess up the app you need to go back and redo it or do a "forced refresh" which may let you start with a redo of just the page you were on.

Didn't even know they did Quebec accounts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mfd,

"It has nothing to do with security settings." - i'm just repeating what they said to me which i find totally b.s....i can go to my own bank website and buy and sell stocks w/o any problems...

mikeinquebec

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Firefox works fine. There are still some sites that have issues with certain browsers that's why I use three. Primarily Firefox and Opera, IE is the backup as most (not all) work with it... FF is by far the most finnicky.

BTW, security settings are under Tools -> Options... and you should have a bookmark or two that came with Firefox to learn about the product for next time you need to know something. However, there is no need to make any changes for Questrade. Once you mess up the app you need to go back and redo it or do a "forced refresh" which may let you start with a redo of just the page you were on.

Didn't even know they did Quebec accounts?

apparently they do quebec accts...on their online app theres a radio button and it has a list of all the provinces...

as for security settings in ff its not like explorer where theres a slider to adjust the security settings so any help as to what to "check" and "uncheck" is extremely helpful....and what exactly do you mean by "forced refresh"

also i tried the "tradefreedom guest acct- w/ play money" it seems to work fine with ff does it mean it'll work when i get a real acct?

sincerely
mikeinquebec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts