Canadian Money Forum banner

401 - 420 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Absolutely.
Take the politics out of it.

If crowds don't spread, end the lockdown.

But since the medical advice, and health orders are no gatherings, enforce them.

That, again, is my point. If the lockdown is justified by the science and a health order is made, it should be enforced.
Political affiliation SHOULD be irrelevant.
Politics should be kept out of our response to the virus but we live in the real world where that is never going to happpen. Ford started out saying no regional opening and then caved in to business and reversed that stand. Now we have people in areas still not open, trying to get haircuts in areas that are open.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
Absolutely.
Take the politics out of it.

If crowds don't spread, end the lockdown.

But since the medical advice, and health orders are no gatherings, enforce them.

That, again, is my point. If the lockdown is justified by the science and a health order is made, it should be enforced.
Political affiliation SHOULD be irrelevant.
Crowds definitely spread it, at least under certain conditions. That seems to be particularly in enclosed spaces. Hence the flight from China where one man infected a dozen people sitting around him, or the church conference in S Korea where one infected person created a explosion of disease. If Trump were to hold the rally outdoors and recommended people wear a mask, that would probably be a much better idea. He has refused.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Not sure what fish tales you have been reading. Hillary spent roughly double. Trump got a lot more free media exposure than Hillary. And, Trump lost the popular vote by a significant amount. Of course, because the US is not really much of a democracy, the popular vote is not relevant. No need to get into how the electoral system is systematically manipulated to disadvantage much of the electorate (gerrymandering, onerous ID rules, onerous registration rules and systemic deregistration of undesirables, systematic deprivation of sufficient polling places, blatantly insecure and broken electronic voting machines).

Irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

You know andrewf, you have over 12k posts in this forum and yet have only started 65 threads of your own. Why is that? Are you happier hijacking threads? Are you afraid if you start a thread, it will not elicit very many comments and somehow make you look bad? Why this reluctance to start a thread on a topic of interest to you?

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
Irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

You know andrewf, you have over 12k posts in this forum and yet have only started 65 threads of your own. Why is that? Are you happier hijacking threads? Are you afraid if you start a thread, it will not elicit very many comments and somehow make you look bad? Why this reluctance to start a thread on a topic of interest to you?
At a cocktail party, are you the guy who gets upset and berates others when the conversation deviates from what he decided it should be?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Crowds definitely spread it, at least under certain conditions. That seems to be particularly in enclosed spaces. Hence the flight from China where one man infected a dozen people sitting around him, or the church conference in S Korea where one infected person created a explosion of disease. If Trump were to hold the rally outdoors and recommended people wear a mask, that would probably be a much better idea. He has refused.
Irrelevant to the thread.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Not sure what fish tales you have been reading. Hillary spent roughly double. Trump got a lot more free media exposure than Hillary. And, Trump lost the popular vote by a significant amount. Of course, because the US is not really much of a democracy, the popular vote is not relevant. No need to get into how the electoral system is systematically manipulated to disadvantage much of the electorate (gerrymandering, onerous ID rules, onerous registration rules and systemic deregistration of undesirables, systematic deprivation of sufficient polling places, blatantly insecure and broken electronic voting machines).

Only Democrats think that black people are incapable of acquiring ID in order to vote. That's racist.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
People uprising in France and Belgium over the police trying to enforce social distancing. People met the police brandishing their own weapons.

The French police have been told to stay out of those areas and let the people do what they want. They will probably have a big mess again.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Ontario is opening up, and most people seem to be observing some social distancing. I did see a lot of people crowded in the outdoor patios though.

Some downtown business owners want to close the main street for a couple of blocks and let the outdoor patios expand to hold more people.

It reminds me of a bar I was in somewhere (can't remember where), that was built with glass garage doors on all sides that could be rolled up.

The end result looked like a covered outdoor patio. Pretty good idea, I thought.

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
MB is entering phase 3 on June 21 with easing to many restrictions. The public health minister stresses that the main concern of transfer is centered around prolonged indoor contact. He also mentioned that no cases came from the recent peaceful rallies held outdoors.

Probably the most interesting change is dropping the 14 day isolation for people coming from BC, AB, SK and western ON.

·
Registered
781 Posts
It seems so far (as far as I’ve seen), that the large groups in Trinity Bellwoods, at the recent protests and other large outdoor gatherings have not led to a large increase in cases as predicted by most.

numbers seem up in some US states, but I think that’s more to do with general easing of restrictions which were too early.

Have any provinces increased their “bubbles” restrictions? Can you have 2 or more bubbles anywhere in Canada?

i figure everything will happen last here in Ontario so I’d like to see what we can look forward to. Will outdoor groups of 25 be allowed by Labour Day?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It seems so far (as far as I’ve seen), that the large groups in Trinity Bellwoods, at the recent protests and other large outdoor gatherings have not led to a large increase in cases as predicted by most.
If that's the case, then the experts were wrong, which is fine, in the pandemic situation, overreact and then pull back as new information becomes available.
My annoyance is that they're not pulling back, but they're selectively enforcing the restrictions based on politics.
That's wrong.

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Have any provinces increased their “bubbles” restrictions? Can you have 2 or more bubbles anywhere in Canada?
We don't officially have "bubbles" in MB but some regulations allow others to be in close proximity, sharing golf carts as an example.

Unofficially people have been in close contact for some time now. Neighbors have small groups of people over, etc.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
I have been seeing family members, just avoiding contact (no hugging, etc. and trying to maintain distance). Bubbles are kind of unworkable. Each person is going to have their own bubble, like my sister and her inlaws. Maybe that is good enough.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
I visit my close family members all the time. My parents are quite needy; it's unrealistic to avoid them entirely.

I see them almost daily, though we don't hug, and keep some distance.

401 - 420 of 450 Posts