Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how are we feeling about professional sports returning?

i saw just on the news that approx 10% of nba players tested came back as positive. What happens to this number when they begin playing?

if a player tests positive when play returns, won’t his teammates be asked to quarantine As they’ve been “in contact”? And what about the team he last played against?

maybe these guys are getting tested every day regardless of symptoms.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
It is an essential service

It provides an escape from living your own life and dramatic distraction from real issues

Don't forget to order some overpriced merch

·
Registered
31 Posts
"about 10% of nba players tested came back as positive" - Really? So many of them? That is more than I thought. Hopefully, the situation can be improved.
We hope basketball on TV returns soon. And, dare I say, we hope we will be allowed to play on the streets street ball basketball, soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They could take a tip from Korea and fill the stands with stuffed animals
LOL Empty stands with stuffed animals - perhaps that will fill the empty void created by the coronavirus. That, and less narcotics use. Don't worry, "real fans" are only in your head. Just play the game and don't watch the audience.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Joe Carter swings and the ball is hit deep, deep, it is going, going.......gone......and the Blue Jays win the World Series.

Kawhi Leonard working in the corner, at the buzzer he shoots......and......and.....and.....and......the Raptors win the Championship.

Ronnie Ellis closes in on goal, he winds up, here comes the blast......... and the Leafs are regrouping at center.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Toronto Raptors did win an NBA Championship. The nation of Canada is celebrating. Raptors defeated the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. They brought the championship to Canada for the first time in history.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I have no real concerns about them re-starting sports as long as they don't allow fans into the stadiums. If the players all get the virus, that's on them. I'm sure if they are allowed to play in Toronto for example, that the measures taken to isolate them will be adequate to insure there will not be a sudden outbreak of hundreds of community spread cases in the ordinary public in Toronto.

I've never been interested in any kind of spectator sports so I am not missing any. I can understand however that others are interested and if being able to watch games on TV will give them some enjoyment even if they can't attend in person, then I see nothing wrong with that.

Let the players play, let the spectators spectate from a distance. There are more important aspect of containing the virus for everyone to be concerned with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts