Canadian Money Forum banner
121 - 140 of 4719 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
... why? No need as I'm on the web.

In case you didn't understand my response, I do not know "your" definition of liberalism PRIOR to your copy and paste of the meaning from the conventional dictionaries (Merriam/Webster).
I'm confused, You didn't know the definition of Liberalism, until I literally pasted it in the forum for you. That's fine.

The problem is that the modern left isn't liberal.

·
Registered
19,945 Posts
How do you define yourself as a Liberal, when you espouse purely Conservative partisan views ?

I think if there was a checklist of views on policy, you would definately rate as a Conservative and likely in the fundamental right wing of the party.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
How do you define yourself as a Liberal, when you espouse purely Conservative partisan views ?

I think if there was a checklist of views on policy, you would definately rate as a Conservative and likely in the fundamental right wing of the party.
I don't define myself as a Liberal, as in the Canadian political party.
Politically I'm a liberal, as in liberalism the political philosophy.

Yes I'm politically more aligned with the Canadian Conservative parties, because they better encompass liberal values. I think the Liberal parties are really bad.

As far as purely Conservative partisan views? Like what?
Being pro abortion?

Just because I think Trudeau is bad doesn't mean I'm partisan.
Sheesh, before he was elected I was saying I thought he was an idiot, but I fully expected the senior Liberals to help him moderate and be a bit more reasonable.

Really, the most hardcore "Conservative" position i have is that government is a necessary evil. Which again is literally in the definition of Liberalism.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
The Congress announced they will be holding an investigation into the origin of the virus.

US State documents revealed Chinese lab researchers were sick with COVID just before the pandemic spread in Wuhan.

Former US Secretary of State Pompeo said it was a lab leak. Former CDC head Redford said it was likely a lab leak.

Biden's Secretary of State Blinken said the Chinese are being uncooperative with investigators+.

The WHO said they were prevented from accessing all the information.

The Chinese can end the suspicion by allowing a full investigation. They appear more interested in ending all investigations.
yeah, maybe there was a conspiracy, maybe not.

Interesting that the Biden administration is heading down the same path that Trump was going down.

I really want to know how much Trump era "stupidity" will end up being Biden era "responsible leadership".

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Biden seems quite sharp. I know that the right wing propaganda machine has been feeding you this story, but one day you might learn to think for yourself.

Stop letting Fox News think for you.
Always that guy. I dont watch Fox...I watch Sheppard Smith on CNBC...I guess he's a righty.

James you are a big Trudope fan & Biden fan but I never chastise you for posting your opinion...if you feel hurt then just hit the ignore feature.

btw Biden seems very old...much older than before the president started his race...I dont think that Grampa is going to be OK. I'm rooting for him though....even semi functional he's better choice than Trump.

·
Banned
12,035 Posts
Terrorists fire 200 rockets at Israel in 24 hours; IDF responds with 130 strikes

I just don't get why Israel supplying those crazy animals with vaccines !

·
Banned
12,035 Posts
Tower housed HAMAS Offices went down. Very NICE! Don't mess with 8th most powerful country in the World!
The 13-storey building was attacked an hour and a half after residents and local people were warned to evacuate, Reuters news agency reports. (US and UK military that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan were laughing about those warnings)

Among those killed by Israeli air strikes was the head of the Islamic Jihad group's special rocket unit, Samah Abed al-Mamlouk, and the commander of a Hamas anti-tank missile unit is also said to have been killed.

·
Registered
19,945 Posts
Meanwhile in the peace loving world, former Republican Speaker New Gingrich wants Biden to order military strikes on Russia.

The latest Russian hack of the pipeline is causing massive shortages and closed gas stations. Long lineups by Americans isn't going over well.

I think Putin may have gotten carried away with his own power and made one too many bad decisions.

Considering what he has been doing the past couple of years, one has to wonder if he is mentally capable of leading Russia.

Biden is going to be forced by public opinion to respond in some fashion.

121 - 140 of 4719 Posts