Canadian Money Forum banner
521 - 540 of 4720 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,949 Posts
It isn't complicated.

People support Liberal policies on major issues and don't support the Conservative policies on those issues.

Conservative policies on Issues like gun control, immigration, marijuana legalization, end of life legislation, abortion rights, social programs, taxes, mandatory sentencing, climate change ....and other issues, are not supported by the majority of Canadians.

Conservatives have about 30% of Canadian support and the other 70% vote for the Liberals, NDP, Bloc or Green parties.

The Conservatives are the only "right wing" political party so they have full support of those with right wing ideology, yet they only have 30% support.

If the Liberals and NDP merged, there may never be another Federal Conservative government.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,949 Posts
PM Harper was instituting the conservative ideology when Canadians showed their discontent and replaced him with a majority Liberal government who pledged to reverse most of the Harper ideologically driven changes if elected.

The Liberals have already made a lot of changes and reversed legislation left over from the Harper government, and is currently working on eliminating mandatory sentencing before an election is called.

They recently announced a roll back of Harper changes to the pardon system. They legalized marijuana, reversed Harper changes to OAS age qualifications, EI rules, and expanded the CPP. They announced gun control measures (which some say didn't go far enough) and settled Syrian refugees without much of a problem within a few months of winning their mandate.

They restored funding to science and research and restored the national census. They increased child benefits and take climate change seriously.

What has O"Toole pledged to voters ? Nothing to address climate change, and to allow a free vote of MPs to possibly change abortion laws.

Conservatives don't announce much policy on anything else because they know it would cost them votes if people knew their policies.

All of those issues and many others are non-starters for Canadian voters, so the Conservatives are doomed by their philosophy.

The question I have is ......why do 30% of Canadians vote for Conservatives ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,035 Posts
It isn't complicated.

People support Liberal policies on major issues and don't support the Conservative policies on those issues.

Conservative policies on Issues like gun control, immigration, marijuana legalization, end of life legislation, abortion rights, social programs, taxes, mandatory sentencing, climate change ....and other issues, are not supported by the majority of Canadians.

Conservatives have about 30% of Canadian support and the other 70% vote for the Liberals, NDP, Bloc or Green parties.

The Conservatives are the only "right wing" political party so they have full support of those with right wing ideology, yet they only have 30% support.

If the Liberals and NDP merged, there may never be another Federal Conservative government.
However, in last elections Cons got more popular votes than Liberals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,196 Posts
PM Harper was instituting the conservative ideology when Canadians showed their discontent and replaced him with a majority Liberal government who pledged to reverse most of the Harper ideologically driven changes if elected.

The Liberals have already made a lot of changes and reversed legislation left over from the Harper government, and is currently working on eliminating mandatory sentencing before an election is called.

They recently announced a roll back of Harper changes to the pardon system. They legalized marijuana, reversed Harper changes to OAS age qualifications, EI rules, and expanded the CPP. They announced gun control measures (which some say didn't go far enough) and settled Syrian refugees without much of a problem within a few months of winning their mandate.

They restored funding to science and research and restored the national census. They increased child benefits and take climate change seriously.

What has O"Toole pledged to voters ? Nothing to address climate change, and to allow a free vote of MPs to possibly change abortion laws.

Conservatives don't announce much policy on anything else because they know it would cost them votes if people knew their policies.

All of those issues and many others are non-starters for Canadian voters, so the Conservatives are doomed by their philosophy.

The question I have is ......why do 30% of Canadians vote for Conservatives ?
... I think you got part of the answer in post #524 ... Conservatives got "followers".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,949 Posts
Conservatives are very reluctant to change their policies, and instead blame weak leaders, unfair opposition, and clueless voters for their lack of electoral success. Until that mindset changes they will continue to struggle with voters, most notably in heavily populated urban areas among younger adults.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,196 Posts
Conservatives are very reluctant to change their policies, and instead blame weak leaders, unfair opposition, and clueless voters for their lack of electoral success. Until that mindset changes they will continue to struggle with voters, most notably in heavily populated urban areas among younger adults.
... not sure about that part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,160 Posts
^ Whose "lives"? The lives dead from Covid?
No. The over 100% rise in overdoses, the over 8% unemployed, people who now moved from stage 2 to stage 4 cancer, people who had no access to health care, people with mental health having been refused service, seniors who died because of their vaccines being postponed (refusing to fully vaccinate most vulnerable as quickly as possible should be criminal - he has blood on his hands). The list just goes on and on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,160 Posts
The COVID was responsible for all the deaths, unemployment, and lack of hospital care..........not the government.
That is false.
Businesses didn't fire people or go bankrupt - government closed them. It is a fact.
Numbers in ICU were lowest in 5 years - that means capacity was underutilized, based on government decisions. It is a fact.

Government is solely responsible for those deaths, and many more deaths to come due to worsening condition of Canadians due to lack of access to medical care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,949 Posts
Canada would have suffered an "India" like situation if we had not instituted restrictions.

Any place that didn't institute restrictions has suffered badly from COVID.........much worse than countries who did implement restrictions.

Some countries that didn't lock down sufficiently have already apologized to their people for their bad judgement.

This is no longer conjecture or debatable. The proof is apparent in the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,160 Posts
There is zero basis for the things you are saying. No facts showing that.
You are discussing your ideology again. Discussing ideologies is useless as has been proven throughout millennia.
Come back when you actually have some facts rather than spouting your beliefs without factual basis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,196 Posts
^ The more I read from posts #530, 533, 535, 537, the more in-credible the poster is whom I think lives on Baffin Island (with advance apologies to the "real" residents living there).

I think CMF needs to develop a vaccine for troll-r-us before everyone else gets infected with those bs.
 
521 - 540 of 4720 Posts
Top