Canadian Money Forum banner

381 - 400 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
^ Responding to post #379:

... when was/will be TODAY?
... means racism, abuse of human rights, violations etc. HAS AND ALWAYS WILL exist in Canada. Not just TODAY by your definition plus the notion that I've learned nothing from residential schools. Nothing changes, only better-sounding or pretending something will be done about it.

Btw, you're not the first person to bring this human rights abuse, racism, etc. up on this forum.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Interesting, you haven't commented on the overt racism of the Canadian government that I just linked to in #372.

Face it, racism is alive and well, and being actively promoted by white supremacists like Justin Trudeau.
The program is designed to help black owned businesses. How is that a racist program ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought that they specifically have a program to give a particular race money, today is evidence it is happening today.
When you have human rights abuse, genocide, and racism from government demonstrated over 116 years that continued during our lifetimes, you don't really need any more proofs or giving more examples that can dilute the argument.

Government mandated, used force to take children from their parents, and tried to either kill their culture or kill the children for ever a century. Taking government's right to do that again shouldn't be a controversial issue.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
If there was a forced sterilization going on in Alberta and Saskatchewan, the Provincial governments were Conservative and had nothing to do with Trudeau.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
When you have human rights abuse, genocide, and racism from government demonstrated over 116 years that continued during our lifetimes, you don't really need any more proofs or giving more examples that can dilute the argument.

Government mandated, used force to take children from their parents, and tried to either kill their culture or kill the children for ever a century. Taking government's right to do that again shouldn't be a controversial issue.
In other words........you can't provide any evidence of your claim that racist policies are prevalent or promoted in the current Trudeau government.

I understand how difficult it is to find something that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
It's discriminating by race.

Do you honestly not see how it's racist?
Sorry, but white male priviledge isn't a protected category. That is what the laws on racism and equity are designed to circumvent.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Sorry, but white male priviledge isn't a protected category.
Huh? It's treating BLACK people differently.
Don't you see that when you treat black people differently, because they are black, that's racist?

It is clearly an overtly racist program. The fact that you say you can't identify it at racist, means you're either dishonest, or cognitively impaired in some way.

I think the cognitive issue is that you see "good racism" and "bad racism", and only "bad racism" is really racism.
That's THE PROBLEM.
If you think there is "good racism", you're the racist, and you're the problem.

That's the type of thinking that leads to people supporting residential schools because they're "trying to help Aboriginal education".

·
Registered
167 Posts
In other words........you can't provide any evidence of your claim that racist policies are prevalent or promoted in the current Trudeau government.

I understand how difficult it is to find something that doesn't exist.
You are missing the point. I haven't claimed there are racist policies currently.
All I stated and I stand by it is that Government has extensive history of racism and human rights abuse, and it shouldn't have a right to commit such atrocities in the future.
Why do you oppose such a change?

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
The program is designed to help black owned businesses. How is that a racist program ?
And if there was a program that "designed to help" white owned businesses ?! Would you call it a racist program?!

P.S. When I graduated from Humber college (I have same alma mater like Doug Ford who survived in Humber for 2 months :)) ,.... together with diploma, I got scholarship for the highest GPA.... After me a black girl got scholarship for ....the highest GPA for African-American!!! I felt embarrassed! this is racism...so college decides that black people cannot compete in study with non-black?! I expected that next scholarship will be for highest GPA for among students with mental disabilities ....

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
This is how Trudeau fights racism LOL

A Black federal public servant who launched a racial discrimination complaint against the Canadian government says she felt uncomfortable signing a gag order because she feared it could further entrench a culture of silence around racism within the bureaucracy.

"I was signing a deal to be silent about the discrimination I've been through," said the woman, whom CBC/Radio-Canada has agreed not to name because she fears losing her job. "Throughout my entire career, I noticed colleagues, mostly white colleagues, getting privileges that I didn't."

The woman said the federal government paid her several thousand dollars in exchange for withdrawing the racial discrimination complaint.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is how Trudeau fights racism LOL

A Black federal public servant who launched a racial discrimination complaint against the Canadian government says she felt uncomfortable signing a gag order because she feared it could further entrench a culture of silence around racism within the bureaucracy.

"I was signing a deal to be silent about the discrimination I've been through," said the woman, whom CBC/Radio-Canada has agreed not to name because she fears losing her job. "Throughout my entire career, I noticed colleagues, mostly white colleagues, getting privileges that I didn't."

The woman said the federal government paid her several thousand dollars in exchange for withdrawing the racial discrimination complaint.
Clearly, we need to increase the budget so that government can fight racism complains more effectively!

It is absolutely amazing how tax dollars are being spent

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Clearly, we need to increase the budget so that government can fight racism complains more effectively!
Looks like it was done in the past :). For example:

or for undisclosed settlement when Justin was groping girl

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
It is racist to say a program that benefits black business people is racist.
I'm not opposed to a program that benefits black business people.

I AM opposed to treating people differently because of the colour of their skin.
This is racial discrimination, it is wrong.

Why would you make a program that only benefits a particular race? Why not make a program that benefits EVERYONE irrespective of race?

I am honestly having a very hard time wrapping my head around this, how can anyone in this day and age think racial discrimination is ok?

I do not think anyone should consider race at all in almost every context, it is largely irrelevant to every interaction I have with a person.

My question to you is, why would it be? You clearly think racial discrimination is ok, I'm not sure why. Can you explain why treating people differently because of the colour of their skin is anything but evil?

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
It isn't a program for everyone. It is a program for black business people.

That is why only black business people can apply.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
It isn't a program for everyone. It is a program for black business people.

That is why only black people can apply.
I know.
Why do you think it is okay to treat people differently because of the colour of their skin?

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
The program was created to specifically assist black business people access funding.

People who are black but aren't business people can't apply. People who are business people but aren't black can't apply.

Only black business people can apply.

381 - 400 of 439 Posts