Canadian Money Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3425 Posts

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Because someone made them aware that's a possibility and explained them it's normal.
Uh yeah, being out in the world, with so many kids with only a mom, or only a dad, or only a grandma it's not at all unusual to have a non nuclear family.

I'm not against education, I'm against the inappropriate education and sexualization of children. We don't need boys and girls confused if they are boys and girls and worried about what gender they are. It really only matters to the person you're wanting to have sex with, and kids dont want to have sex with anyone.

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
The one point I will concede is that advocating anything other than medically conservative interventions to perceived gender dysphoria in children is a bad idea. It's not clear that the more aggressive interventions lead to better outcomes on average, and many kids will grow into different identities. The key thing is treating those kids with compassion and not putting too much pressure on them to lock into a particular identity. I think both the left and right wing activists are getting it wrong on this issue.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
We don't need boys and girls confused if they are boys and girls and worried about what gender they are.
A few decades ago we would also hear: "We don't need boys and girls confused if they attracted by boys or girls and worried about their sexual orientation."

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
A few decades ago we would also hear: "We don't need boys and girls confused if they attracted by boys or girls and worried about their sexual orientation."
The idea that prepubescent children need to be concerned with their sexual orientation is problematic.

The fact that some people are concerned about their sexuality is why others are concerned about those people.

Finally I think all this gender identity nonsense is a preoccupation on something that doesn't really matter.
I've written at length about how someone sexuality or gender identity has pretty much no impact on how the rest of the world interacts with them, and it only really comes into play if you want a sexual relationship with them.

I really don't care if you identify/orient as a man woman or attack helicopter, it doesn't change anything. The fact that you want to sexualize everything you meet is a YOU problem. Maybe you should go to a Desmond show, you might like it.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I've written at length about how someone sexuality or gender identity has pretty much no impact on how the rest of the world interacts with them, and it only really comes into play if you want a sexual relationship with them.
Your biased beliefs. Not facts and stats, not what studies say.

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
Anyone watch the CPC debate ?

Good grief. I finally agree with Pierre P on something. It did look like people playing euchre at the local legion.

Not much discussion on social policies or solutions to affordable housing, healthcare, inflation, or that boring stuff, but viewers were told Trudeau is bad…really bad and scary too, and more oil production is good, over and over and over.

Oh….and covid is pretty much over, so go ahead and remove all precautions.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
But then look at social media, is the addiction it creates a misuse by the customer? But is the addiction it creates intended by the social media companies? Totally. The goal of social media companies goes totally against their customers. Oh wait, no, the users of social media aren't the customers actually, they are the products. The true customers for social media companies are all the advertising companies and anyone who wants to push their agenda through user profiling and manipulation.
They are both. It is an exchange. If you are a customer then you exchange something valuable (or money) for a product. In social media you exchange something valuable (data) for a product (access to friends worldwide, and all the advantages you get). Unless you are a complete moron, you do it consensually.

Meanwhile, you are advocating for a big government where you are FORCED and MANDATED

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Meanwhile, you are advocating for a big government where you are FORCED and MANDATED
Indoctrination is much more dangerous than using force, mandates, violence and fear.

When there is enough people who are "obedient" through fear, they will end up revolting.

Indoctrinated people don't revolt.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Anyone watch the CPC debate ?

Good grief. I finally agree with Pierre P on something. It did look like people playing euchre at the local legion.

Not much discussion on social policies or solutions to affordable housing, healthcare, inflation, or that boring stuff, but viewers were told Trudeau is bad…really bad and scary too, and more oil production is good, over and over and over.

Oh….and covid is pretty much over, so go ahead and remove all precautions.
My guess is that most of the viewers were Party faithful. Who else would waste their time watching it?

It was a non event and IMHO a huge embarrassment to the Party Executive. Very telling as to where things stand in the CPC at the moment.

I can only hope that the new leader is able to bring back some semblance of unity to the CPC. We need an effective Opposition Party. We have not had one for the past six years, perhaps longer.

My hope that that the CPC gets it together quickly or just splits into to two or three different parties and get on with it. Running out of patience for this kindergarten like behaviour.

If they cannot get their party to work how can I expect them to get Canada to work?

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
Could they not afford to rent a television studio or build a theatre set that had a serious "boardroom" feel to it ?

I mean.......it looked like 4 guys playing cards in a hockey arena dressing room.

Charest has lots of experience in corporate boardrooms. They should have asked him to set something up.

Freaking amateur hour in the CPC. It looks to me like the CPC is going to split again.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Indoctrination is much more dangerous than using force, mandates, violence and fear

When there is enough people who are "obedient" through fear, they will end up revolting.

Indoctrinated people don't revolt.
Yeah, that's why governments created 'reeducation camps', residential schools, gulags, etc,
You seem to claim that indoctrination and force are somehow mutually exclusive - they are absolutely not.

Indoctrination by force and mandate is much more dangerous than indoctrination by providing a product customer wants and are free to leave.

Again, I can't even believe this argument even has to be made. Don't they teach people basic history in Canada?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Again, I can't even believe this argument even has to be made. Don't they teach people basic history in Canada?
Yes, but people ignore it.

For example, the residential schools.
There was massive outrage and people "didn't know. Even here several people here said they should have taught it.
I pointed to the exact page in the Ontario High School Cirriculum from a few decades ago (it's still online) where they talk about them.
Most of the critics either dropped it, or said their teacher didn't actually teach it.

Either people don't learn, or the teachers aren't doing their job.
I have a strong disdain for teachers unions, but I think in this case the teachers are likely doing their job, and people just don't want to learn.

Also look at the number of people for communism, clearly they're not educated in the evils of communism.

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
People knew about the residential schools.

They didn't know about all the deaths and graves at these schools, so there was no way the schools could have taught it.

It was a bad chapter in Canadian history, that Trudeau has worked very hard to "make right" to indigenous people.

Bad things happen, and few countries have a spotlessly clean history. How it is dealt with is important, and Trudeau has gone far beyond any previous PM.

Compare Trudeau's actions to what Pierre P said about indigenous people while in the Harper government.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
You are out of context again - as always. Try to keep up.
Residential schools are one of the examples of why having fascist authoritarian like Trudeau in charge is a bad idea.
Having big government that has a power of force and mandates doesn't eliminate indoctrination - it uses force for indoctrination.
Mr Blackhill was making an argument that indoctrination on social media is worse than force and mandates from government - which is absolute nonsense, as institutions such as residential schools show

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mr Blackhill was making an argument that indoctrination on social media is worse than force and mandates from government - which is absolute nonsense, as institutions such as residential schools show
Mr. Blackhill doesn't want people to have individual choice. He wants the government to make all the decisions.

I prefer to think for myself and make my own decisions, and am willing to live with the consequences. Mr Blackhill is willing to give up his freedom if it means that he no longer has to be responsible for anything. That's how cowards live.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Thinking and making decisions takes effort, initiative, and cognitive power. People often are too lazy or don't have enough cognitive power to do it - so easier to have authoritarian in charge so they don't have to. It is human nature according to just about every book on brain development and evolution

3301 - 3320 of 3425 Posts