Canadian Money Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 3425 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Give me a sensible and honourable Conservative leader, and I'll definitely consider voting for him.

But if you give me a sleazy, bitcoin-pumping, central bank bashing populist who associates with extremists (because he's power-hungry), no way in hell I'm voting Con.
Why do you expect Conservatives to have sensible and honorable leader, yet you give Liberals a pass for having corrupt idiot that quotes Hitler at the helm?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Give me a sensible and honourable Conservative leader, and I'll definitely consider voting for him.

But if you give me a sleazy, bitcoin-pumping, central bank bashing populist who associates with extremists (because he's power-hungry), no way in hell I'm voting Con.
So would you would vote for the power hungry, power consuming Liberal extremists who splitting the country, removing government assembly (Parliament) and killing the economy?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Why do you expect Conservatives to have sensible and honorable leader, yet you give Liberals a pass for having corrupt idiot that quotes Hitler at the helm?
Yes an idiot that said Albertans aren't fit to govern Canada and Quebecers are the preferred governing class. His endorsements of the Chinese and Cuban governments. Telling a crippled veteran that the government has given all that they can. Budgets balance themselves, he said he doesn't concern himself with fiscal matters, has accumulated more government debt then all previous PMs combined. Has given terrorists millions of compensation. Has blocked fossil fuel projects . Has corrected people for their use of the English language by not adopting gender neutral wording. . When facing allegations of sexual abuse he says people see things differently after saying on numerous occasions his government would have zero tolerance for sexual assaults.Then we have his clear interference in the justice system to protect SNC a corrupt, criminal Quebec organization. Yes I guess we should condemn PP because he believes that people should have the right to invest and use bitcoin currency or he supports the right of truckers to have peaceful assembly and to demonstrate or he supports fiscal conservatism . Very scary indeed when compared to the actions of the boyking.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yes an idiot that said Albertans aren't fit to govern Canada and Quebecers are the preferred governing class. His endorsements of the Chinese and Cuban governments. Telling a crippled veteran that the government has given all that they can. Budgets balance themselves, he said he doesn't concern himself with fiscal matters, has accumulated more government debt then all previous PMs combined. Has given terrorists millions of compensation. Has blocked fossil fuel projects . Has corrected people for their use of the English language . When facing allegations of sexual abuse he says people see things differently after saying on numerous occasions his government would have zero tolerance for sexual assaults.Then we have his clear interference in the justice system to SNC a corrupt, criminal Quebec organization. Yes I guess we should condemn PP because he believes that people should have the right to invest and use bitcoin currency or he supports the right of truckers to have peaceful assembly and to demonstrate or he supports fiscal conservatism . Very scary indeed when compared to the actions of the boyking.
You forgot WE organization corruption, Aga Khan corruption, outright wondering if some Canadians are worth the space they take up, interference in mass shooting investigation - and that's only things we know about so far.

It is all before getting into economy - putting Canada in a position to be slowest growing G7 economy over next decade, having gross public debt exceed 120% of GDP, highest spending in history with results being Service Canada becoming most popular camping ground in the county and airport/airlines consistently ranking #1 in worst performing in the world.

But yeah, got to vote for that guy because the opposition has policy discourse!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You forgot WE organization corruption, Aga Khan corruption, outright wondering if some Canadians are worth the space they take up, interference in mass shooting investigation - and that's only things we know about so far.

It is all before getting into economy - putting Canada in a position to be slowest growing G7 economy over next decade, having gross public debt exceed 120% of GDP, highest spending in history with results being Service Canada becoming most popular camping ground in the county and airport/airlines consistently ranking #1 in worst performing in the world.

But yeah, got to vote for that guy because the opposition has policy discourse!
Couldn't agree more. These diehard Liberals should be looking at the shameful record of their own leader before they bring up their criticisms of other leadership candidates. It shows they are just partisans who defend their Liberal brand come hell or high water. One said he would support a CPC leader if he was a moderate conservative. I figure O'Tool would fit that description and I don't recall him ever showing any support for O'Tool.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Couldn't agree more. These diehard Liberals should be looking at the shameful record of their own leader before they bring up their criticisms of other leadership candidates. It shows they are just partisans who defend their Liberal brand come hell or high water. One said he would support a CPC leader if he was a moderate conservative. I figure O'Tool would fit that description and I don't recall him ever showing any support for O'Tool.
Why on earth would you expect the voters to support Erin O'Toole when members of his own Party, and his caucus, did not support him?

Not only did they not support him, while Leader, O'Toole had to stand with his back facing the wall because there were so many of his colleagues and Party members looking to stab him in the back starting on day 1. Exact same for Scheer.

Really...what a bunch? Social conservative issues, covid pandemic restrictions, and the Freedom Convoy are not issues for the vast majority of urban voters. Or indeed the vast majority of Canadian voters according to the polls. That is where the election is won. Or lost in the case of the CPC.

The CPC has become a party of whining social conservatives, rural voters and Prairie populists, and angry people. With the exception of a few MP's, they do not even appear to be addressing that issue.

The fault lines caused by CPC MP's internal disagreement over the Freedom Convoy issue has served to exacerbate those issues within the Party. The CPC MP's who do want to change that image and that voter perception have been quickly ostracized by many of their fellow caucus members.

It only got worse with the recent Convoy presentation for, and attended by, about 25 percent of CPC caucus members. The list included Candice Bergen and Leslyn Lewis. What about the remaining 75 percent of CPC MP's???

I am surprised that former Cabinet Minister and current MP Michelle Rempel has not yet been banished from caucus for speaking publicly about the real issues within the CPC caucus and the Party. There is time yet. So far she has only been demoted from her shadow cabinet role.

Compare Rona Ambrose's leadership as Interim CPC Leader post Harper to Candice Bergen's performance as Interim CPC Leader post O'Toole. It is somewhat pathetic.

Take time to understand Michelle Rempel's comments. Or read between the lines on what former serious and politically experienced members who have run away from senior positions in the Party are saying. People like James Moore, John Baird, Lisa Raitt, Rona Ambrose, and others. Or not saying about the current so called CPC team. Read between the lines when you see them interviewed on the media.. Especially during this Leadership election.

IMHO we desperately need a competent and united Opposition Party that is ready to step in a form a successful Government. Alas, we have not had that for a number of years nor does it appear that one is on the horizon.

By the way, I have been a Conservative voter in the past.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts

No you won't, or at least voters didn't in 2015.

I dont like PP either,
But I'll take the populist over the elitist.

As far as who associates with extremists, Trudeau is literally giving millions to terrorists, and has Nazi supporters in his cabinet.

Can you show me a picture of PP carrying a Nazi (or equivalent) banner through the streets. Or are you just labelling protesters as extremists because you don't agree with them.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No you won't, or at least voters didn't in 2015.

I dont like PP either,
But I'll take the populist over the elitist.

As far as who associates with extremists, Trudeau is literally giving millions to terrorists, and has Nazi supporters in his cabinet.

Can you show me a picture of PP carrying a Nazi (or equivalent) banner through the streets. Or are you just labelling protesters as extremists because you don't agree with them.
what was Pierre Trudeau during the rise of Nazi extremism in the 1930s? He drove his motorbike through Jewish areas of Montreal wearing a German military uniform while giving the Jewish people his famous one finger salute. A few years later the Liberal government was busy interning Japanese Canadian citizens. The only people to use martial law in peacetime were both Trudeau's. Judge a cat by their actions not their words.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Liberals like to use phrases like "dog whistle" to describe secret or code words from conservatives that they imagine out of thin air and they think they can read Trump's mind, yet when Trudeau says he likes communism in clear and plain language they suddenly can't understand what he means.

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
what was Pierre Trudeau during the rise of Nazi extremism in the 1930s? He drove his motorbike through Jewish areas of Montreal wearing a German military uniform while giving the Jewish people his famous one finger salute. A few years later the Liberal government was busy interning Japanese Canadian citizens. The only people to use martial law in peacetime were both Trudeau's. Judge a cat by their actions not their words.
Harper effectively suspended civil liberties in a wide swathe of downtown Toronto during the 2010 G20 meeting.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Liberals like to use phrases like "dog whistle" to describe secret or code words from conservatives that they imagine out of thin air and they think they can read Trump's mind, yet when Trudeau says he likes communism in clear and plain language they suddenly can't understand what he means.
The statement made by Justin on the death of Fidel Castro might have been fitting for someone like Martin Luther King or Mandela. Castro?

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
The article seems to be focused on the actions of Police Chief Blair and the the police. Isn't this the same Liberal Cabinet Minister Blair that mumbles his way through press briefings. Judge by their actions rather then their words.
G20 was policed by Toronto Police and ISU (lead by RCMP). This is the same event of 'Fake Lake' and Gazebo fame. Tony Clement built gazebos two hour drive away from Toronto as part of hosting the G20...

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
A lot of edits by who knows who and a lot of links to left wing Toronto Star. But I know why you posted that...you won't address Trudeau's actions so you try to deflect.
I don't approve of invoking the emergencies act in this case. Not because I thought the protestors had the right to squat in downtown Ottawa indefinitely, but rather because the police had all the ordinary powers necessary to remove the protestors. Conservatives are hypocrites on this file as many of the same people defending the protestors here opposed first nations blockading rail infra a few years ago. Shocking, I know. Partisans are hypocrites. The right to protest does not confer the right to squat on public property indefinitely.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I don't approve of invoking the emergencies act in this case. Not because I thought the protestors had the right to squat in downtown Ottawa indefinitely, but rather because the police had all the ordinary powers necessary to remove the protestors. Conservatives are hypocrites on this file as many of the same people defending the protestors here opposed first nations blockading rail infra a few years ago. Shocking, I know. Partisans are hypocrites. The right to protest does not confer the right to squat on public property indefinitely.
May-be we will all stop confusing occupations and illegal blockades with peaceful protest and dissent whether it is rail blockades or Ottawa occupations. I prize my individual freedom and the rule of law. I have no use for anarchy and out of control mobs. May-be governments do have to remind police forces that they have a responsibility to enforce the law. Mobs and illegal blockades will continue unless police apprehend, arrest and charge law breakers without exceptions.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
2681 - 2700 of 3425 Posts