Canadian Money Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2174 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
She is encouraging the protests to continue to be peaceful while not taking a position on whether they should be outside justices' homes.
We have links to the video with transcripts, I even quoted it. and bolded it.
“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”

The "that" she is encouraging is the illegal protests, and she specifies they want them to continue outside of the judges' home.

If she didn't want the protests to continue outside the judges homes, she shouldn't have specified she wants them to continue "outside of the judges homes".

She should be denouncing the illegal act, maybe she should say "Go Home", but I guess that's too close to what Trump would say.

Is it a crime to protest in public (is, a public street)?
When it's in front of a judges home, yes it is illegal, which is the point.
Which has been pointed out several times.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.

So "peaceful protests" are the President's position........and that is that is that.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
The law concerns a judge while "discharging their duties", which they aren't doing at their homes. That is likely why there have been no arrests.

The Freedumb convoy is on the case......honk, honk.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I didn't bother watching it. Did PP try to hock bitcoins to the audience?
Everyone tried to attack him for promoting it

He said people should have freedom to buy it, like they should have freedom to practice the religion they chose, and what to do with their body etc

When did so many Canadians become so backwoods judgmental

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.

So "peaceful protests" are the President's position........and that is that is that.
Read the underlined portion.
Peaceful protests outside of judges homes is the Presidents position, and that's the problem.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Nothing new. That's the 'liberal' position. If you dont agree with us you dont deserve human rights and 'are not worth the space you take up'. THATs what people are voting for. Spreading hate is the election tactic

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
We have links to the video with transcripts, I even quoted it. and bolded it.
“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”

The "that" she is encouraging is the illegal protests, and she specifies they want them to continue outside of the judges' home.
It is oddly phrased, but I can see how you would draw that conclusion (to be uncharitable). To me, the likeliest intended meaning is that she was encouraging the protests to remain peaceful, wherever they may take place.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I didn't bother watching it. Did PP try to hock bitcoins to the audience?
Pierre first denied he said it, and then went with the "freedom" excuse when the others reminded him of his statements.

Watching and listening to conservatives commenting on the debate, they think Patrick Brown was impressive.

Brown could emerge as a viable candidate to upset P.P. He is the run away leader in fund raising and signing up new members.

Brown agrees with public opinion on different issues like pro-choice, alternative energy transition, housing, immigration......

I give the others a 0% chance of beating P.P. and Brown the only candidate with a hope in Hades of winning a general election.

Brown could win a lot of seats in the riding rich area around the GTA. The Liberals would prefer that Brown isn't chosen as leader.

Brown reminds me of Ontario's Bill Davis. A conservative who was universally respected by everyone, including his political opponents.

In Ontario, people who would vote Liberal federally, may support Doug Ford because he is more liberal than the federal CPC party.

The Premier of Nova Scotia also enjoys very high popularity.....in the 46% range, because he describes himself as a 'progressive" conservative.

Canadians in central and eastern Canada like their politicians driving in the middle of the road, and out of the ditches on both sides.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
It's too soon for Pierre but he has lots of time

The boomers do not and we are about to witness a massive demographic shift and wealth transfer in the coming decade. The boomers are very different and Canada will change drastically as they fade away

Give Pierre some time. He is speaking to a younger audience who will outlive the boomers

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
It's too soon for Pierre but he has lots of time

The boomers do not and we are about to witness a massive demographic shift and wealth transfer in the coming decade. The boomers are very different and Canada will change drastically as they fade away

Give Pierre some time. He is speaking to a younger audience who will outlive the boomers
You say this like it's a good thing...

·
Registered
4,032 Posts

I don't understand why you think boomers are all voting left. The majority vote Conservative. The real divide comes between men and woman (if I'm allowed to use those terms to the woke generation). Every old person I know votes Conservative, while any young people I know are more concerned about the weather and mostly vote Liberal or NDP.

Once the boomers are gone, which you seemed delighted about, the young generation and those behind them will remove any chance the Conservatives ever had.

And the gender divide collapses pretty much altogether when we get to the boomer generation.
For the 1st time, millennial voters will make up the biggest voting bloc in a federal election
They were more likely overall to support the Conservatives, and levels of support are roughly on par, gender-wise, at 42 per cent for men and 39 per cent for women, Ipsos found.
“What that tells me is that women really become more Conservative as they age, and sort of catch up with men in terms of their propensity to vote for the Conservative Party,” Simpson said.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
The young generation and those behind them will remove any chance the Conservatives ever had.
Polls have been useless for a long time.

We haven't had a conservative appeal to the younger generation as Pierre does. As politicians become younger politics will change drastically as well. The polls don't tell you much.

Conservatives shouldn't just mean conserve 100 year old values. Demographics are changing and the conservative party needs to change as well

2141 - 2160 of 2174 Posts