Canadian Money Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2174 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Psaki said the protest was non violent and "we hope that would continue", clearly meaning she hoped it would remain non-violent.

Right wing media ran with the last half of her statement only and claim she is encouraging the protest. Typical "trumped" up righteous indignation.
I don't really care if it is non-violent, it's an illegal protest and should have been stopped IMMEDIATELY.
The very first person standing outside with a sign should have been arrested.

There are lots of legal places to protest, in front of the justices homes just isn't one of them.

When the Whitehouse is officially endorsing illegal protests the US has a serious problem.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Populism might get PP in power but don't be fooled by labels. PP is a staunch fiscal conservative with very strong libetarian leanings. He will use populism if it advances his pursuit for power. He may not show it but he does have a legitimate empathy for the little guy and gal. I know Pierre personally as a friend.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Populism might get PP in power but don't be fooled by labels. PP is a staunch fiscal conservative with very strong libetarian leanings. He will use populism if it advances his pursuit for power. He may not show it but he does have a legitimate empathy for the little guy and gal. I know Pierre personally as a friend.
Nice

Fiscal conservative with libertarian leanings resonates with me. I've voted liberal before mostly because it's less evil than social conservatism

I joined and donated to support Pierre

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Excellent, that's what I want.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Nice

Fiscal conservative with libertarian leanings resonates with me. I've voted liberal before mostly because it's less evil than social conservatism

I joined and donated to support Pierre
Social conservativism is a lesser evil than the sexism racism, and near complete lack of morals from the lefties.
It's really a pendulum, and it's swung WAY too far one way.

Plus I'm not even sure what "socially conservative" policies that could be implemented are bad.
They're not proposing systematic discrimination, so what's the problem.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It is a boogeyman. Noone really knows what it is, how it looks, but everyone claims they have seen one. There is no such thing as socially conservative party in Canada. what socially conservative policies were being proposed last election cycle? The election right now is purely on modern monetary theory vs fiscal responsibility. And proof is in the pudding- MMT causes massive inflation

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
The mayor of Chicago Lori Lightfoot has gone beyond supporting protests and has suggested armed violence:

"To my friends in the LGBTQ+ community—the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms."

Note to andrew: Look it up instead of saying it didn't happen.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
It is a boogeyman. Noone really knows what it is, how it looks, but everyone claims they have seen one. There is no such thing as socially conservative party in Canada. what socially conservative policies were being proposed last election cycle? The election right now is purely on modern monetary theory vs fiscal responsibility. And proof is in the pudding- MMT causes massive inflation
But voters know what policies they don't like and won't vote for.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Perhaps your source chose to omit what she actually said? That's not surprising for most of the media. Here is the clip where Pskai specifically stated that the president supports those protests. If you've already forgotten, protests of any kind at judges homes are illegal, even if they're peaceful:

Psaki defends ‘peaceful to date’ abortion protests at justices' homes | New York Post - YouTube
She said the President supports peaceful, non violent protests. She didn't say anything about supporting this particular protest beyond that.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
She said the President supports peaceful, non violent protests. She didn't say anything about supporting this particular protest beyond that.
You didn't listen to the clip
“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”

She did encourage the peaceful protests outside the judges homes. Which is exactly the illegal protests that should be stopped.
The insane part is that the White House is actively encouraging illegal protests.
They even use the words "continue to encourage that outside of judges' homes", in reference to the illegal protests.

This is textbook incitement to commit a crime, and they should be held accountable.

·
Registered
933 Posts
“So I know that there’s an outrage right now, I guess, about protests that have been peaceful to date,” Psaki later added. “And we certainly continue to encourage that outside of judges’ homes and that’s the president’s position.”

She did encourage the peaceful protests outside the judges homes. Which is exactly the illegal protests that should be stopped.
The insane part is that the White House is actively encouraging illegal protests.
They even use the words "continue to encourage that outside of judges' homes", in reference to the illegal protests.

This is textbook incitement to commit a crime, and they should be held accountable.
Typical liberal response . I support your right to protest on the condition that I agree with your cause.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
PP is a staunch fiscal conservative with very strong libetarian leanings.
Balance the books and empower people to do what they want short of hurting others? Sounds ideal.

Any thoughts on why he talk like such a nut job?

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
The mayor of Chicago Lori Lightfoot has gone beyond supporting protests and has suggested armed violence:

"To my friends in the LGBTQ+ community—the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms."

Note to andrew: Look it up instead of saying it didn't happen.
I didn't say it didn't happen, I asked you to source it. In context she said that she hoped the protests continued to be peaceful, not that they continue at the justices' homes.

A call to arms is not necessarily literal. I guess in second amendment territory you need to be careful.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts

She is encouraging the protests to continue to be peaceful while not taking a position on whether they should be outside justices' homes.

Is it a crime to protest in public (is, a public street)?

·
Registered
706 Posts
She is encouraging the protests to continue to be peaceful while not taking a position on whether they should be outside justices' homes.

Is it a crime to protest in public (is, a public street)?
Yes, it's a crime to protest outside of a judges home. This has been mentioned several times, you seem to be incapable of understanding that. I'll say it again so it sinks in:

It's a crime to protest outside of a judges home. That includes the public street in front of their home.

2121 - 2140 of 2174 Posts