Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
^ gibor doesn't sees it (or more like don't want to see it) that the more he spews his nonsenses (especially post#50), the more his credibility shrinks until there's nothing left (or just hot air particles).

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Don't BS ...even by western independent polls, 80%+ support Putin... btw, more than 85% of Israelis with Russian citizenship voted for Putin last elections...

you don't as in any case you gonna vote for your Liberal Dictator JT
.. who anyone votes for who is none of your business.

At least james doesn't go spewing Russia or Israel or USA Trump are such great fantastic countries with so liberal leaders that he and everyone else related to him would not rather live there but here in Canada where you can go and lambasting the very people running this country with such detest to the point of hate. If you're so sure you're not spewing nonsenses here, then time to get yourself a mirror.

Okay, I get it ... gibor is not spewing nonsense. Rather he just loves to trolling.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I don't need to look in a mirror for that ... it's obvious you can't see a truck coming in front of you. It took you this long to figure out james is a moderator? At this point, your posts here are nothing but your troll work ... your credibility is shot.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Not sure why that's funny.
I think high density urban living is bad for people, they also tend to lean left/authoritarian, which contradicts my liberal values.
.. now that's even funnier with the contradiction Since when were the "lefties=authoritarians" from your "urban version" less liberal than you?

Being aware of your preferences and opinions isn't a bad thing. Definately better than the looneys who think "I'm unbiased"
... don't disagree with the first statement but definitely more contradictions with the second.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I suggest you get a dictionary.

... why? No need as I'm on the web.

In case you didn't understand my response, I do not know "your" definition of liberalism PRIOR to your copy and paste of the meaning from the conventional dictionaries (Merriam/Webster).

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
The issue isn't that some kids got sent to boarding schools, many parents pay significant funding to do that today.

It's was the dictator "we're the government" attitude of running them.
They had all the power and no accountability, so of course abuse happened.
Combine that with a bit of good old fashioned racism, and white supremacy and of course we have it.
Now I'd bet the answer is going to be more white supremacy, because that's the only thing "progressives" understand.
Yes, I do consider race based quotas "white supremacy" because the underlying assumption is that those groups are not capable of doing these things themselves.

Of course now we have terrorists roaming the streets, and they don't care about that either, because it serves their needs.

Yes it is terrorism, these people are using violence to push their political agenda.
.. all I can say at this point, this is going to get very very ugly.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Well, as far as I am aware TODAY Government of Canada didn't violate human rights - kudos for them!
They did in the past though and they shouldn't be allowed to do so in the future.
... you must living in a bubble or la-la-land to say TODAY GOC didn't violate human rights ... when was/will be TODAY?

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
^ Responding to post #379:

... when was/will be TODAY?
... means racism, abuse of human rights, violations etc. HAS AND ALWAYS WILL exist in Canada. Not just TODAY by your definition plus the notion that I've learned nothing from residential schools. Nothing changes, only better-sounding or pretending something will be done about it.

Btw, you're not the first person to bring this human rights abuse, racism, etc. up on this forum.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
A private phone call will only get a few votes, a big public stand thousands or millions.
One is way more helpful.

Remember Trudeau is horrible at pretty much everything... except politics. In politics he's a genius.
... remember he acquired the skills from being a drama teacher previously. This is not to say some people are born to be politicians with their in-bredded sneakiness.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
^ True, it could be worst as compared to the USA. But we were (and still am) one plus year in a pandemic. How much "bumblings" can you put up with? Another year or 2?

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ford-shuffles-cabinet-rod-phillips-174643270.html

Ford shuffles cabinet, Rod Phillips replacing Merrilee Fullerton as long-term care minister
Fri., June 18, 2021, 1:46 p.m.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is shuffling his cabinet, with former finance minister Rod Phillips — who resigned from his post following a Caribbean vacation during the COVID-19 pandemic — returning as the new minister of long-term care.

CBC News has learned that Phillips will replace Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, who will now serve as the minister of children, community and social services, according to a PC party source.

The move is part of a large-scale shuffle, which comes with just under a year to go before the next provincial election. The changes have not yet been announced officially, but are expected sometime Friday afternoon.

The Opposition NDP slammed Phillips's return to cabinet even before it was announced, with ethics and accountability critic Taras Natyshak saying in a statement that Ford kept Phillips "near and dear to him even after his elaborate St. Barts vacation coverup.

"Phillips jetted off to luxurious St. Barts, covering up his tracks as he went with pre-written messages, pre-recorded Christmas greetings, and a fake Zoom background, while the rest of Ontario hunkered down and followed public health advice to stay home over the holidays," Natyshak said.
... OMG ... I think Ford just ruined his term with this shuffling trick of his, especially bringing back someone whom he fired (disguised as resignation) previously. So Rod can perform better than Merrilee as Minister of LTC ... LMAO.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
PM Harper was instituting the conservative ideology when Canadians showed their discontent and replaced him with a majority Liberal government who pledged to reverse most of the Harper ideologically driven changes if elected.

The Liberals have already made a lot of changes and reversed legislation left over from the Harper government, and is currently working on eliminating mandatory sentencing before an election is called.

They recently announced a roll back of Harper changes to the pardon system. They legalized marijuana, reversed Harper changes to OAS age qualifications, EI rules, and expanded the CPP. They announced gun control measures (which some say didn't go far enough) and settled Syrian refugees without much of a problem within a few months of winning their mandate.

They restored funding to science and research and restored the national census. They increased child benefits and take climate change seriously.

What has O"Toole pledged to voters ? Nothing to address climate change, and to allow a free vote of MPs to possibly change abortion laws.

Conservatives don't announce much policy on anything else because they know it would cost them votes if people knew their policies.

All of those issues and many others are non-starters for Canadian voters, so the Conservatives are doomed by their philosophy.

The question I have is ......why do 30% of Canadians vote for Conservatives ?
... I think you got part of the answer in post #524 ... Conservatives got "followers".

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Conservatives are very reluctant to change their policies, and instead blame weak leaders, unfair opposition, and clueless voters for their lack of electoral success. Until that mindset changes they will continue to struggle with voters, most notably in heavily populated urban areas among younger adults.
... not sure about that part.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
^ The more I read from posts #530, 533, 535, 537, the more in-credible the poster is whom I think lives on Baffin Island (with advance apologies to the "real" residents living there).

I think CMF needs to develop a vaccine for troll-r-us before everyone else gets infected with those bs.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
O'Toole to let Conservative MPs vote against gay new conversion therapy ban

Confirmation that Mr. E. O'Toole remains as "leader" of the/any Opposition Party to the current one.

... Faced with another vote on the issue soon, a spokeswoman for O'Toole confirmed he will again allow a free vote, but added that he “has long been an ally to the LGBTQ community and will continue to support efforts to ban conversion therapy.”
... okay as he says so in need of better optics.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts