Canadian Money Forum banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Administrator
5,285 Posts
Well just for fun, and before it potentially becomes illegal, got a few friends together and shot handguns today. :)

Much more difficult than I thought it would be to get a good grouping on target. Big respect to those doing IPSC style shooting competitions that can hit those small targets on the move.

The two friends that came along today have never been gun owners, one has never even held or shot a gun before. The first thing they said to me when we got off the range is ... we gotta do that again! :)

Personally I found it fun but wouldn't consider it as a hobby unless I got into something like IPSC. I will go back just to try a different gun/caliber next time, we all shot 9mm autos today. It's sad that by this time next year that indoor pistol range will likely have to close its doors.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Well just for fun, and before it potentially becomes illegal, got a few friends together and shot handguns today. :)

Much more difficult than I thought it would be to get a good grouping on target. Big respect to those doing IPSC style shooting competitions that can hit those small targets on the move.

The two friends that came along today have never been gun owners, one has never even held or shot a gun before. The first thing they said to me when we got off the range is ... we gotta do that again! :)

Personally I found it fun but wouldn't consider it as a hobby unless I got into something like IPSC. I will go back just to try a different gun/caliber next time, we all shot 9mm autos today. It's sad that by this time next year that indoor pistol range will likely have to close its doors.
Honestly .22lr on spinner targets are a blast.
Up close for handguns, at distance for rifles.

Oh, you gotta try shooting clays.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts

Much more difficult than I thought it would be to get a good grouping on target.
Nice!!

It does become quite easy if you use the same gun consistently. Going for a first time is always a challenge.

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.

Reactions: cainvest

·
Administrator
5,285 Posts
It does become quite easy if you use the same gun consistently. Going for a first time is always a challenge.
A small bit of first time jitters but I think the big thing is finding a handgun that fits you well. If I was going into the sport I would definitely want to handle/shoot many of them before buying one.

There is an outdoor IPSC match close by in 10 days, think I'll go watch to see what it's like in person.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

I think council was quick to act and as a result effed up. A knee jerk response which could have been handled better. I also think that a more objective approach would have been an opportunity to promote gun education. Would the ad have been taken down if it was Cabella's?

The business owner was asked for the sponsorship and was helping fund recreational sports. This is not an NRA lobbyist.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
A small bit of first time jitters but I think the big thing is finding a handgun that fits you well. If I was going into the sport I would definitely want to handle/shoot many of them before buying one.

There is an outdoor IPSC match close by in 10 days, think I'll go watch to see what it's like in person.
Oh, I'd say get a .22lr handgun first, all that kick from centerfire is annoying.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

Hey, but let's continue blaming constitution instead of far left DAs who let murderers walk free

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hey, but let's continue blaming constitution instead of far left DAs who let murderers walk free
That's not an accident, it was done on purpose. Just like the man who tried to assassinate a member of Congress and was let out with no bail 12 hours later.

The Democrats WANT civil unrest, murders, arson, and rape. That's the only way they can take away rights under the guise of "safety".

121 - 131 of 131 Posts