Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Bro, I'm also fluent in Jesus language :biggrin:
Hey, can you do that thing with the bread and the fish, of better yet, that water to wine one??
Those skills would be damned handy in a pinch :) but meh, I can only assume they are lost in the mists of time :apathy:

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
This is a pretty common thing for older people to say
Because they can actually see problems in society?

We have a whole generation who's been told to protest and destroy is good.
There is a walkout planned at Western University friday, the administration supports it.

The reason, "to raise awareness on sexual assault".
This is despite the fact that of the 4 incidents reported, they're all being investigated.
The police are also investigating online anonymous reports of other events, even though no formal report was provided to police.

Exactly how is walking out from classes going to help?
You're sacrificing your education, for what? To tell people there is already a problem, a problem they ALL agree is a problem, and a problem they're working on.

It's like the PM showing up to protest the actions of his own government.

I'm okay with protests, but when are people actually going to get off their butts and DO SOMETHING.

Maybe instead of walking out, you report the issues and provide info to the police to help their investigation?
Maybe instead of protesting your own government, why not fix the problems.

yeah, "old people", like anyone with a clue, sees that endless protests, with no action isn't getting us anywhere.
Stop protesting so much, and go do the hard work of fixing things.
Go to class, get educated and FIX THE PROBLEM.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Nobody has come forward to lodge a complaint for the police to investigate.

All kinds of rumors on social media about assaults on 30 or more people at an event.

Personally, I think the kids are too young going off to university. We eliminated a full year of high school and send them off at age 17.

They get to university, get blitzed on alcohol when they are underage, and then are afraid to talk to the police.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Nobody has come forward to lodge a complaint for the police to investigate.
That's the point.
Nobody filed a complaint, but the police are still investigating because they're concerned.

So why the walkout, who's attention are they trying to get?
Maybe the potential victims should file a report?

All kinds of rumors on social media about assaults on 30 or more people at an event.

Personally, I think the kids are too young going off to university. We eliminated a full year of high school and send them off at age 17.
I joined the army at 17.
I don't think it's too young, the same crap happened before ontario got rid of Grade 13/OAC.
Many other jurisdictions dno't have a grade 13 anyway.

They get to university, get blitzed on alcohol when they are underage, and then are afraid to talk to the police.
Yeah, young people do stupid things. Ever notice they seem to vote left leaning?

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
A young person at age 17 today isn't at the same maturity level of a young person at age 17.........years ago.

Kids today are coddled by their parents, never allowed to venture out on their own even to play with friends.

Parents try to plan out their kids future from the day they are born.

When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing baseball or soccer without a contingent of parents hanging around ?

If you let your kid go down to corner hockey rink to play by himself, other parents accuse you of bad parenting and "letting your kid run wild".

So we coddle them to protect them......and then send them off to university where they will meet older students and have a wide choice of bars and parties.

Some teens in university won't come forward because they were drinking underage and fear the consequences.

My grandfather was in the trenches of France ducking bullets and bayonets at age 16. Today the kids are playing Call of Duty on their XBox.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
When was the last time you saw a group of kids playing baseball or soccer without a contingent of parents hanging around ?

If you let your kid go down to corner hockey rink to play by himself, other parents accuse you of bad parenting and "letting your kid run wild".
No, they literally call the police or childrens aid.
It's important to note that childrens aid has nearly unlimited enter and seizure powers, and no liability.

If they want, they can walk into your house and take your kids away, and they have no duty to the parents, and no liability, even for negligence.

As much as they have basically unchecked power, they're also vastly underpaid and overworked. You don't want to be on the wrong side of them.

So yes, one of the scariest things is the possibility of someone calling the authorities on you.

Look at the reports, the stories are endless.

Imagine that, having an investigation because you let your kids walk to a building, while remaining in your sight.

I blame overzealous protection laws. that being said, there are still way too many cases of kids not being taken care of properly.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Some people want every person accused presumed to be guilty. They don't support the presumption of innocence.

I think a good policy is........trust but verify. Trust what the women say but verify they are telling the truth.

Suggest that to some women rights advocates and you best prepare yourself for the incoming rage.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
The Children's Aid needs to be reined in. They have way too much power and no oversight.
Good luck.
Nobody with kids wants to draw attention to themselves, and people without kids tend to not know/care.

Also, could you imagine the political fallout if any politician tried to campaign on "reigning in Childrens Aid".

Trying to control the problems at Childrens aid, would be about as politically toxic as taking measures to ensure women aren't being coerced into abortions they don't want. It's a political no go area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My grandfather was in the trenches of France ducking bullets and bayonets at age 16. Today the kids are playing Call of Duty on their XBox.
Let that sink.
Each generation hasn't gotten better. They're getting worse. But I can't pin all the blame on them. They were brought into a world where technology is everywhere. They brains are getting fried from a young age with smartphones. I'm just shocked that parents would give these devices to kids as young as 5.

I agree with your points about sending kids off to university in other cities. It's like sending kids into a lions den. Put 100 young people in a co-ed building and it's obvious what will happen.

I believe technology has many benefits. But on the whole, I believe the world is worse off in the last 25 years since the arrival of the internet. But that's a whole other thread.

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
That's the point.
Nobody filed a complaint, but the police are still investigating because they're concerned.

So why the walkout, who's attention are they trying to get?
Maybe the potential victims should file a report?

I joined the army at 17.
I don't think it's too young, the same crap happened before ontario got rid of Grade 13/OAC.
Many other jurisdictions dno't have a grade 13 anyway.

Yeah, young people do stupid things. Ever notice they seem to vote left leaning?
In USSR we got only 10 grades (I graduated high school in 16), and I don't think our education was worse at all ! At age 21 I've got my Master degree from one of the best universities in our 1.5 M city

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
We have a whole generation who's been told to protest and destroy is good.
I agree, we have to put a stop to this dangerous right wing extremism form of thinking. They are trying to destroy our way of life.

All they do is launch dangerous protests, use violence against enemies, pass unjust laws, and silence people they disagree with. And once in a while they try to assassinate our elected politicians.

It's because the far right HATES our society. Right wing extremists truly are a threat to western civilization and our way of life.

I am sure that every older man on this board is committed to putting a stop to this dangerous trend. lol. Isn't that right @MrMatt @gibor365 @Eder

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I agree, we have to put a stop to this dangerous right wing extremism form of thinking. They are trying to destroy our way of life.
Yes, and the dangerous left wing extremism.

All they do is launch dangerous protests, use violence against enemies, pass unjust laws, and silence people they disagree with. And once in a while they try to assassinate our elected politicians.
Absolutely, it's playing out in real time.

It's because the far right HATES our society. Right wing extremists truly are a threat to western civilization and our way of life.
Yes, but so does the far left. They're actively trying to tear it down.

I am sure that every older man on this board is committed to putting a stop to this dangerous trend. lol. Isn't that right @MrMatt @gibor365 @Eder
Absolutely, but the reality is that while most acknowledge the risk of far right extremism, many deny the threat the far left poses.
I'm concerned about extremists on both sides, but more so about the far left, because people don't see them as a real threat.

Even here, after watching violent protests unfold in the streets of Toronto, people don't seem to see the problem.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Absolutely, but the reality is that while most acknowledge the risk of far right extremism, many deny the threat the far left poses.
There is a loosely associated far left, that just about has no activity in the US & Canada. What are you complaining this far left has been up to, anyway?

Did they send bombs to ex presidents?
Did they repeatedly shoot up synagogues, churches, and mosques?
Did they assassinate the member of German parliament?
Did they assassinate the member of UK parliament?
Did they come armed to Ottawa and attack the PM's residence?
Did they massacre 77 teens and children for their cultural diversity?
Did they attempt to overthrow and storm the US Capitol?
Did they support an authoritarian wanna be dictator to overthrow the USA?

Oops nope, that was all the radical right wing. Because at least for the last 20 years, it's always been the right wing extremists that are causing the political violence and chaos in our nations.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
There is a loosely associated far left, that just about has no activity in the US & Canada. What are you complaining this far left has been up to, anyway?

Did they send bombs to ex presidents?
Did they repeatedly shoot up synagogues, churches, and mosques?
Did they assassinate the member of German parliament?
Did they assassinate the member of UK parliament?
Did they come armed to Ottawa and attack the PM's residence?
Did they massacre 77 teens and children for their cultural diversity?
Did they attempt to overthrow and storm the US Capitol?
Did they support an authoritarian wanna be dictator to overthrow the USA?

Oops nope, that was all the radical right wing. Because at least for the last 20 years, it's always been the right wing extremists that are causing the political violence and chaos in our nations.
So they are on the radar, but the guys who are also shooting up things, rioting, attacking parliament, and committing terrorist attacks on the left are ALSO a concern, one that people like you don't seem to take seriously.

I do take BOTH seriously, but the blind spot on left wing violence is what concerns me.
I'm not concerned about what "everyone" knows, I'm concerned about the things they don't think are a problem.

The fact that you say ALWAYS, shows how close minded you are. But at some level you know that it isn't just right wing violence, because you add the limitation "repeatedly" to shooting up churches etc, because you know that your always isn't as strong as you think.

Anyway, it's a waste, you are a left wing apologist. I denounce all political violence, but for some reason that upsets you.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
I do take BOTH seriously, but the blind spot on left wing violence is what concerns me
Really, what left wing violence are you talking about? You keep talking about this.

What is this fantasy 'left wing violence' that guys like you are so obsessed with? Give us real examples. Who have they shot? Who have they assassinated? And I mean in Canada / US / Europe.

The truth is that the only serious domestic terrorism, causing countless deaths, is -- for the last few years -- the far right extremists. For god sake man, they tried to murder members of Congress and tried to murder the Vice President. They've killed countless members of the public, assassinated government people in several countries.

The far right have murdered countless Jews, Muslims, black people, and hispanic people in the last few years. One can't even really keep track of it. Just a couple days ago a Texas man murdered his neighbour because they supported Democrats.

So the far right has killed hundreds of people. Where is the far left, and who have they killed?

61 - 80 of 101 Posts