Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
PG seems to have a deep fixation with painting everything with enormous brushes. One person's comment becomes tar and feathers for half the population. Shall I find a white supremacist and attribute all his ideas to the right wing as a whole. It is just so much blathering noise. It isn't original and it isn't relevant to the topic at hand.
You've just described how the left thinks. All cops are bad, all white people are racist, etc.

Take 5 minutes to read up on "private property" and what it means instead of posting comments that make you look uneducated. Or maybe you're just trolling...we all know that if a white person in a MAGA hat stepped on your property and threatened you the first thing you'd do after peeing your pants would be to call the cops.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Maybe you don't realize that if you point a gun at someone you are threatening their life, and in a much more credible way than saying something from 100 ft away on a sidewalk. Maybe they should have shot the lawyer in self defense.
Ahh, we get to the heart of the issue.
You have the opinion that the couple did not honestly feel their lives were under threat.

If that were the case, I'd agree, for a simple trespass on private property pulling a gun might be an overreaction, but you have to look at it in context.

1. The couple claim the crowd made threats to kill them.
2. The couple claim the crowd was armed.
3. Several police officers were shot by "protestors" earlier in the same month.

It is very hard to argue, that with violent mobs roaming the streets, shooting police, that a reasonable person wouldn't take their threats seriously.

It's a good thing that they didn't shoot into the crowd. That would have been a mess, and if there was any return fire, they'd have a pretty strong case for self defence.
When you trespass in a stand your ground state, you're putting your life at risk.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Condos and gated communities aren't the private property of property owners.

They are "common" property and no one individual owner exerts rights over the property.

The "private property" defense is likely to fall short and I predict the couple will plead out the case.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Andrew is just trolling this thread eliciting the "Woke" dogma thats trendy the last month but I suspect he is smarter than that and having a bit of fun. No harm.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Ahh, we get to the heart of the issue.
You have the opinion that the couple did not honestly feel their lives were under threat.
As I read it, the couple saw a crowd of 'undesirables' walking down the street near their home. They decided that they would try to threaten the crowd for trespassing rather than letting the professionals deal with it, putting on their comical display of people who have no idea how to use guns. This probably backfired and antagonized the crowd, who were not there for the couple. Maybe some words were exchanged. It is only alleged that the crowd had weapons (lawyers building their defense). No evidence from the video or other witness statements that the crowd had weapons.

I don't think we want a society when every time someone gets hysterical they can get away with waving a gun at someone with their finger on the trigger. That's how people get shot in Costco parking lots over disputed parking spots. Thankfully, in Canada, that kind of behaviour is illegal. I guess we'll see if it is in St Louis as well.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
As I read it, the couple saw a crowd of 'undesirables' walking down the street near their home. They decided that they would try to threaten the crowd for trespassing rather than letting the professionals deal with it, putting on their comical display of people who have no idea how to use guns. This probably backfired and antagonized the crowd, who were not there for the couple. Maybe some words were exchanged. It is only alleged that the crowd had weapons (lawyers building their defense). No evidence from the video or other witness statements that the crowd had weapons.

I don't think we want a society when every time someone gets hysterical they can get away with waving a gun at someone with their finger on the trigger. That's how people get shot in Costco parking lots over disputed parking spots. Thankfully, in Canada, that kind of behaviour is illegal. I guess we'll see if it is in St Louis as well.
I don't want a society where every time someone gets hysterical they can get away with waving a gun at someone.
However I also don't want a society where people simply disregard the law and act however they want.

The mob was trespassing illegally.

The police were called.
The police did not remove the trespassers.

Quite honestly, the police are simply unable to deal with these large mobs, it's starting to get very scary in the US.

What a lot of people miss is that while there are legitimate points, a small number of agitators simply want to bring down the whole system. That's what's really scary.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Time to keep Bonnie & Clyde busy ... can see a lawsuit heading for the St. Louis cops department next:

St. Louis Cops Seize Gun That Couple Pointed At Black Lives Matter Protesters

... “We complied with the search warrant. They took my AR,” Mark McCloskey told the conservative Todd Starnes radio show. “I’m absolutely surprised by this.”

The couple told police Friday that the pistol Patricia McCloskey brandished was with their lawyer, sources told NBC affiliate KSDK-TV.

The couple’s attorney, Joel Schwartz, confirmed to the TV station that a warrant was issued for a search of their home Friday night. Schwartz said he has no idea where the handgun is. He hopes to meet with a prosecutor next week. ...
With St. Louis' taxpayers loving the spectacle put up by this Bonnie & Clyde pair.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
A mob of 500 people trespasses onto your property, you call the police, they don't come.
Good thing this guy can afford private security.

Remember, this is the city where anti-police protestors were shooting cops.

The US has got some serious problems.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Time to keep Bonnie & Clyde busy ... can see a lawsuit heading for the St. Louis cops department next:

With St. Louis' taxpayers loving the spectacle put up by this Bonnie & Clyde pair.
Bonnie and Clyde killed innocent people. BLM kills innocent people. All this couple did was protect their property from a mob and didn't kill anyone. You're not bright enough to know the difference.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I agree you're the brightest Dump lover hiding in Canada.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
If any part of my post was inaccurate please enlighten us. Surely you're brighter than me and should have no problem doing so...
... not sure why you would require me to "enlighten" "us" when I specifically stated "you" only and the fact that you stated I wasn't bright enough to notice the difference. Then obviously, you're the brightest here and that I can't deny the fact that you do love the Dump from his MAGA USA based on every post of yours beaming in admirations for him.

So now you're admitting you're not the brightest after all - I'll give you a hint on the "accuracy" of your post. Re-read it and tell me "how" does/did BLM kill innocent people? Not that I need to hear your BS spin honestly ... just need to peel the skin abit off your post.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
An 19-year old man was killed in the BLM zone in Seattle a while ago. It made the news...and the president even called the man's father to express condolences.

I don't praise Trump, I just correct misinformation that people post. Surely you're bright enough to know the difference?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
An 19-year old man was killed in the BLM zone in Seattle a while ago. It made the news...and the president even called the man's father to express condolences.

I don't praise Trump, I just correct misinformation that people post. Surely you're bright enough to know the difference?
Several people were shot, several died, 1 was apparently murdered by "security".
there were untold rapes, asssaults and other violent crimes.

CHOP really was an example of what a police free state looks like.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Chop wasn't really BLM, it was more anarchists and antifa fools. Portland is a **** show when it comes to left wing loonies, and has been for years.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Chop wasn't really BLM, it was more anarchists and antifa fools. Portland is a **** show when it comes to left wing loonies, and has been for years.
Of course, BLM is perfect, but when the groups supporting them go "too far", they're "not really BLM".

Some of what BLM supports is good, but the movement has clearly gone way past reasonable and been hijacked by the far left.

Plus if BL(really)M'd, they'd do something about the broken culture leading to the massive murder rate within that culture.

It's not a race issue, it's a culture problem, and the victim mentality doesn't help.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If the St Louis couple apologizes like Trudeau did will sags forgive them? OR does that privilege only apply to Liberal politicians?

61 - 80 of 81 Posts