Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
But they weren't passing quietly by. They had already kicked in the (locked) front gate and invaded their property. They weren't very quiet about it either.

They warned off the home invaders without firing a shot. I admire their self control and cool handling of a threatening situation.
I haven't seen any evidence that protesters stepped foot on their property and they did not damage their property. They were on their way to protest the mayor's house. Seems to me that these folks need to take some gun safety courses as they seem to have no idea how to safely handle firearms. You never point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Ya ...guy only busted his *** restoring the house for 32 years...why would he want to protect it from a bunch of armed trespassers. I think I would have done the same thing if a forest of man buns threatened my boat.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
No evidence that the house was being threatened.

Are you saying you would be waving a gun like an idiot with your finger on the trigger? Or wrapping your hand around the barrel of a rifle?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I haven't seen any evidence that protesters stepped foot on their property and they did not damage their property. They were on their way to protest the mayor's house. Seems to me that these folks need to take some gun safety courses as they seem to have no idea how to safely handle firearms. You never point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill.

They were on the private street, which is shared ownership by the homeowners.
The video is VERY clear that the mob was trespassing on private property..

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The mob were yelling they were going to kill him , his dog & his wife. I believe you're a millennial...pretty sure it wouldn't take that much to make you feel threatened.
In a normal world these morons would have been in a paddy wagon off to jail for the night...in Atlanta they celebrate destruction and encourage violence. The 8 year old black girl tragically murdered by black BLM protesters yesterday show what this movement is about. Don't read much about that in the news.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Sounds like the lawyers should be hauled off to jail as well. Brandishing a gun like that is apparently illegal, in addition to being very dangerous.

The mob wasn't trespassing (I roll my eyes at that a bit, they were walking on a notionally private sidewalk). They were guests of the mayor. :)

The whole gated community concept is pretty toxic. You want to live in South Africa or a country with a functioning civil discourse.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I love how the leftists can pull down statues, smash windows, loot stores, commit robbery intimidation rape and even murder an 8 year old child and that is ok. But if an honest citizen defends his home and family that is terrible. I guess it's true, that if it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Only in a right wing fever dream do you think anyone believes that that is okay. You can't conflate legitimate protest with looting/rioting.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Only in a right wing fever dream do you think anyone believes that that is okay. You can't conflate legitimate protest with looting/rioting.
Trespassing and threatening to kill isn't a legitimate protest, but perhaps you lack the judgement to see the difference. Maybe you could sue your parents as it seems obvious that they failed somewhere in your upbringing. Did they just plop you in front of CNN all day?

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
I'm not 80. Who watches cable news, except the infirm who get plunked in front of it in the long term care facility? You must be on the older side if you think younger demos watch cable news. The median age of Fox news viewers is 68. Hilarious.

I didn't see any evidence that anyone threatened the lawyers. They claim someone did, perhaps because they are familiar with the law in their state and know that you have to at least claim to have felt threatened to be waving a gun around like a madman.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Then how did "protesters" get away with hijacking six blocks of downtown Seattle for 2 weeks and only got rousted when they marched on the mayor's mansion? Until they threatened her they were "peaceful protesters" engaged in a "summer of love" even though stores were wrecked and looted, people intimidated and extorted for money, they put up barricades and there were numerous rapes and assaults, and six murders?

Interesting commentary on the St. Louis incident that should put to rest the question of how many protesters there were, whether they were quiet or noisy and whether they broke down gates to trespass on private property.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Sounds like the lawyers should be hauled off to jail as well. Brandishing a gun like that is apparently illegal, in addition to being very dangerous.

The mob wasn't trespassing (I roll my eyes at that a bit, they were walking on a notionally private sidewalk). They were guests of the mayor. :)

The whole gated community concept is pretty toxic. You want to live in South Africa or a country with a functioning civil discourse.
You seem to be in an alternate reality.

They brandished a firearm when their lives were threatened.
Under what law in that state is that illegal?

They were on private property, they were told to leave. That is trespassing.
I have not heard the claim where the mayor invited the protestors to the property.

My house is a "gated community". I'm sure you have doors which you lock, you might even have a fence.
Nothing wrong with that.
The whole idea of being able to restrict who has access to your property seems completely fine with me.
If anything, an armed violent mob is EVEN MORE reason to have a gated community.

The last comment is most interesting, of COURSE I want to live in a country with a functioning civil discourse!
If you're not interested in civil discourse, why are you even here?

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Gated communities are about separating from society (othering).

You think you can point a gun at anyone who comes on the property of a condo after you tell them to leave?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Communists and leftists just can't understand the concept of private property. Even the ones who live in Canada and the US have a hard time with it.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
The problem with gated communities is that they privatize what ought to be public spaces (the street).

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
PG seems to have a deep fixation with painting everything with enormous brushes. One person's comment becomes tar and feathers for half the population. Shall I find a white supremacist and attribute all his ideas to the right wing as a whole. It is just so much blathering noise. It isn't original and it isn't relevant to the topic at hand.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
The problem with gated communities is that they privatize what ought to be public spaces (the street).
Why should a road or driveway on my private property be a public space?
It's on my property, to take me from the public street, close to my house.
What I do on my property, ie pave some of it to drive on, is none of your business.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Apparently many think you can.
Look at the CHAZ/CHOP, people are still calling that a protest.

Honestly the logic of destroying your own community as a "protest" seems ridiculous.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
If they threaten my life, yes.
Maybe you don't realize that if you point a gun at someone you are threatening their life, and in a much more credible way than saying something from 100 ft away on a sidewalk. Maybe they should have shot the lawyer in self defense.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts