Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I was joking, they don't scare me. :)
BTW, I have friends with dachshunds ... wouldn't call them (the dogs) intelligent.

As per wiki,
Many dachshunds are stubborn, making them a challenge to train. ... Dachshunds can be aggressive to strangers and other dogs. Despite this, they are rated in the intelligence of dogs as an average working dog with a persistent ability to follow trained commands 50% of the time or more.
... not a friend who has one too. His weiner dog has been trained to use a tablet to answer his owner's phone call, believe it or not. More than an average IQ with that one but agree stubborn at the same time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Most people will avoid pitbulls.
why own a pitbull?Every day I'd be like ..'"geez Baron is a great pitbull, I just hope he doesn't lose some day, & kill that little toddler next door". who needs that stress?
I guess like anything else, irrational people will have the stress, rational people won't.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It's (un)fortunate that the victim is the owner of the dead-dog. If not, the owner of the dog (pitbull or not) should be charged for letting it loose and killing someone. The way I see it is "owners" of anything (vehicles, dogs, guns, knives, kids or even a Chucky doll) should be held responsible for their possessions ... actions and otherwise.
I agree that in theory, you should be responsible for things you own, if you are permitted to have control of the item, or should have had control of the item.

If someone steals your locked car, you shouldn't be responsible. if you leave your car, running, unlocked, keys in ignition, and someone steals it you're reponsible.
If you have a dog and you allow it near another person, you should be reponsible for all damage, if any.

Kids is an interesting one, parents don't actually have that much control. If your kid is at school, under the supervision of the teachers and breaks something, I don't think there really is much that the parents could have done to prevent it.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
My friend owns one of these dogs and seems proud of the fact her dog could eat you if he wanted to .Some people are idiots.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts