Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Doesn't look too promising in my opinion.

Since Inception is only 4.8%. (5 years)

The distributions for 2010 are only 0.18/share if I'm reading that correctly.

It has an MER of 1.14%.

I wouldn't buy it. Who cares if it has 10.4% in the past 3 months. History repeats itself. Its an income fund. 0.02/month is really low. forget it.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Take a look at the PH&N High Yield Bond Fund.. now that's impressive
I'll second that.

That's more than impressive.

That's outstanding.

:eek:

Its funny, because it pays 2x as much as the income fund with 2x the capital appreciation, LOL!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You can't rely on past performance to predict future performance and it is not appropriate to compare funds from different categories. I think this fund looks pretty good if you are looking for solid dividend distributions. However, with this type of fund, if you can afford it, you may be better off by buying, say, the top 10 holdings in the fund directly and saving the MER. Otherwise, I think this fund is an excellent choice if dividend distributions are your objectives.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
However, with this type of fund, if you can afford it, you may be better off by buying, say, the top 10 holdings in the fund directly and saving the MER.
Agreed. You would have to pay the transactions costs, but if you were a buy and hold investor, you would be able to reinvest an additional 1.14% every year, as opposed to losing it to the MER.

·
Banned
356 Posts
You can't rely on past performance to predict future performance and it is not appropriate to compare funds from different categories. I think this fund looks pretty good if you are looking for solid dividend distributions. However, with this type of fund, if you can afford it, you may be better off by buying, say, the top 10 holdings in the fund directly and saving the MER. Otherwise, I think this fund is an excellent choice if dividend distributions are your objectives.
I agree but at least when you look at the 10 year history, you can see that the performance is not a one year blip.

That being said, I would expect them to struggle for the same returns over the next year.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Take a look at the PH&N High Yield Bond Fund.. now that's impressive
Kind of pointless, since it is a different asset class. PH&N CDN Income is essentially a CDN Dividend Fund. It's 5-yr performance is close to RBC's Dividend fund, and to Globe Dividend & Income Peer index, but with a little more volatility. It is not badly rated for its class. (4 stars by Globefund, Grade B by FundLibrary)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts