Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been possible in Japan and other countries for years, but it appears it's now becoming more widely available in North America:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/technology/29cashless.html?hp

A new iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch app called Square (https://squareup.com/) available next month allows you to accept payments with a cellphone, and PayPal has a cellphone payment application that allows you to bump two cellphones together to complete a payment.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
You mean your debit card?

Online banking is encypted at your computer and safer than shopping with a debit card. Your debit card is probably being cancelled because you used it at a store suspected or caught skimming debit cards. Seems to be happening a lot

I think the whole point of paypal is to be a 3rd party that protects you from fraud. I once reported someone I paid who wasn't answering emails and he was very quick after that. Paypal charges a % for this

I have that paypal app but I haven't used it. I think Paypal is more for paying someone who couldn't accept a credit card payment. I would love to pay vending machines with my phone directly from my credit card.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Ok that square app actually lets you swipe cards with your iPhone thats pretty cool

Now I doubt when I sell my used stuff on classifieds that anyone's gonna let me swipe their card lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
i hope they keep that in the big cities only. why would u have a cell phone anyway?? too expensive, just another way to waste alot of after tax money...

·
Banned
190 Posts
i hope they keep that in the big cities only. why would u have a cell phone anyway?? too expensive, just another way to waste alot of after tax money...
Why would you have a land line in this day and age when you can have a cell phone that is about the same price and offers you the conveniences associated with it...? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts