Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somone tell me how long we are allow to leave the money in 'money market fund' without been charge fees? I"m talking about e-series from TD.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Can somone tell me how long we are allow to leave the money in 'money market fund' without been charge fees? I"m talking about e-series from TD.
Thanks!
I think you mean how long you have to leave the money in a money market fund to avoid charges or fees. If you are with TD Waterhouse or TD Mutual Fund there is no minimum holding period for the TD Money Market Fund. You can use it to park money for just a few days -- you are not charged any fees.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<<You can use it to park money for just a few days -- you are not charged any fees. >>

this was my question;)
so 'a few days' = how many days?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks CC!! I thought there would be MER fee attached like others if I leave $ there for too long!

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks CC!! I thought there would be MER fee attached like others if I leave $ there for too long!
If anything, they want you to park your money in there long-term.

The TD e-series is probably the best choice for those that want to park their money in the market on a short-term basis, or if their funds aren't great enough to outweigh ETF purchase/sale commissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts