Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first year of filing my tax returns in Canada. I am a permanent resident and I submitted my paper return in the first week of march. I got my refund of 1500 CAD today. But when I filed the return the refund was calculated as 5700 CAD. I got access to My Account today and when I checked, I observed that there was a letter for additional supporting documents on June 21st which I never received in mail. Since the documents were not received, my return was adjusted and refund was processed. Is there a way I can send them these documents now and get the refund processed. Can anybody please guide me.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Not a real problem. If you now have the documents to support the higher refund amount, you can just send them in and ask that the tax be re-calculated.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Possibly. I would call immediately, explain the situation, confirm that a T1 adjustment is necessary now, complete it immediately, ask whether the supporting info can be fax'd to them (get the fax # to use), ask to have the conversation noted on your file.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called them and asked if I can send them the documents. The agent said I can upload them using the reference number of the letter through My Account. But I was unable to do that as it says the reference number is incorrect. Should I just mail them the documents?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. I was able to talk to the agent that sent the letter and he was very helpful. I sent all the required documentation through mail and they were able to adjust the NOA and now I see that the refund amount will be deposited in my chequing account on 07-Sep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts