Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My niece works @ McDonalds. Every time a costumer goes through the drive through she has to wash her hands before she can serve the next customer. The continuous washing of her hands hours on end is causing major skin problems. Washing hands is good though just like anything the precise amount needed is always best.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
GLOVES

My niece works @ McDonalds. Every time a costumer goes through the drive through she has to wash her hands before she can serve the next customer. The continuous washing of her hands hours on end is causing major skin problems. Washing hands is good though just like anything the precise amount needed is always best.
Surely they don't have that many costumers going through these days ;)

No gloves? Gloves can be washed without affecting hands. At Starbucks I stopped at in NY state, the server wore gloves. She also put in the cream and sugar. Customers not allowed to touch anything.

Gloves - While coming home from USA, we had no gloves. I used the sleeve of my sweater when opening doors etc. Couldn't always do that, for example when filling up with gas. Still had to push button for grade. Enter our fake zip code and credit card pin as well as handle the nozzle.

Just seems to me that some of the large amount of money being doled out should go to providing free gloves to everyone. Limited number though, because gloves, like hands, can be washed in hot water to remove the virus.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Yea, we had to fill up gas yesterday, so the wife goes in to pay. She stays out until the customer left and then doesn't touch anything.

I grab the nozzle and fill it up. Then I think.........that was stupid.

I watched the woman at the Timmies drive thru. She is wearing gloves, but she hands the debit machine to people in cars and they hold it and then hand it back.

I am thinking the gloves aren't doing much good. They should be changed between customers but nobody is going to do that.

We pays our money and we takes our chances........er medium doubles.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Let's face reality. Our society just isn't set up for this.

With the power of all our technology, we can't find a cure for the coronavirus ?

Sure we could, but the pharma industry would lose trillions of dollars selling symptom medications.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
We might be able to find a cure, but it takes time.

it is trivially easy to kill Coronavirus, but it's hard to do so without killing the patient.

For handwashing, wear gloves.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Our local vet is advising customers to wait in their cars for an appointment. They will come out to get your pet. You remain in the car. Pets gets returned. They then call you back to arrange payment over the phone. I’ve seen dentists and orthodontists being told to operate this way. The waiting room is now your car.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Let's face reality. Our society just isn't set up for this.

With the power of all our technology, we can't find a cure for the coronavirus ?

Sure we could, but the pharma industry would lose trillions of dollars selling symptom medications.
Stop with the fear mongering already. It is a well known fact that cures and vaccines take months to develop because they have to be sure no harm will be done. Stop pushing your Big Pharma conspiracy theories at the expense of the facts. All you're doing is making yourself look foolish.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Gloves can give people a false sense of security.

There is a procedure to follow when using gloves to protect yourself - like, still don't touch your face after handling anything. You also have to be careful how you take the gloves off, and how you dispose of them; not reuse.

If you're wearing gloves to protect others, same thing. They have to be cleaned or replaced after each contact with a person. You can't handle money with the gloves, and then go back to handling food with the same gloves.

They have no 'magic' property to ward off disease. Which brings me to an (unverified) anecdote: Working in South Africa during the AIDS crisis, one of the locals I was working with said his wife was a public health nurse. He said that she would go to villages and show the women how to put on a condom by demonstrating with a broomstick. On subsequent visits, she found that there were broomsticks with condoms in the homes. Apparently, they believed that putting the condom on the broom would ward away AIDS. Maybe she should have demonstrated on the men?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
As for sags' comment about a cure, according to another CMF member, the cure is well-established by the simple device of "the Beck Protocol". But, of course, Big Pharma has long had a contract out on Beck's life and it has managed to suppress widespread use of said protocol. I am sure it also cures cancer and a host of other ills. In fact, probably all cancer can be cured by a simple pharmaceutical compound, but Big Pharma profits far more from the millions of global cancer deaths annually.

A guy who built a house for me some time back, who seemed like quite an intelligent fellow, told me, with great earnestness, that he knew of a device made by one of his pals in his basement that could be patched onto any internal combustion engine, such that the average full-size car in those days could easily achieve mileage of 100 miles per gallon. But, of course, he had been bought off by Big Oil and the invention has forever remained a secret.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Gloves can give people a false sense of security.

There is a procedure to follow when using gloves to protect yourself - like, still don't touch your face after handling anything. You also have to be careful how you take the gloves off, and how you dispose of them; not reuse.

If you're wearing gloves to protect others, same thing. They have to be cleaned or replaced after each contact with a person. You can't handle money with the gloves, and then go back to handling food with the same gloves.

They have no 'magic' property to ward off disease.
What you say was in part contradicted by a health expert on a CBC call in show this morning.

He said it was fine to re-use gloves because they are in short supply. But wash them in same way as hands using hot water and soap before removing. Use common sense after using them by not touching face or other surfaces after using them in suspect locations.

Your story about South Africa was not relevant here and possibly racist. It seemed to me to reflect more on poor instructors rather than those being instructed. Probably not true anyway.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you're in public, and see someone wearing gloves, watch them closely. They'll touch things, then touch other things, and other things, and eventually their face. The gloves offer no protection in this case. Fine, if you can get to a sink to wash the gloves, then they probably can be reused; but the reason to wear gloves for self protection in the first place is not where you can get to a sink easily. You can't wear them at the grocery, take them off, then put them back on to go into the pharmacy, then off again, then on again to go into another public space.

As for the S. Africa story, probably bullshit. I was there to work on a W.H.O. project to disseminate AIDS information to remote villages. One of the local people involved in that project told me the story, so at the time, it seemed plausable. It's relevance now is how people who are not specifically trained in the use of masks and gloves are using them improperly as if just having them on was enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts