Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering online medication from Canadian online pharmacy (not Covid related :))... But if you live in Canada , you can buy ONLY medication that Made in Canada! Tried to buy exactly same medication made in UK, and the pharmacy said that Canadian customs aren't allowed to bring in any medication made outside of Canada. Any other country patients can order from any country.
Also, any other country can just upload prescription , for Canadians a hard copy should be mailed in.
Ridiculous!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I don't fully understand your post, but are you saying you don't have drug insurance, so you want to buy prescription drugs (prescribed by your doctor) from another country because they're cheaper?

ltr

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't fully understand your post, but are you saying you don't have drug insurance, so you want to buy prescription drugs (prescribed by your doctor) from another country because they're cheaper?

ltr
I'm talking about drug that insurance doesn't cover (yes, it's prescribed by local doctor)... I'm ordering from Canadian online pharmacy based in Canada, BC... They sell it several times cheaper than local physical pharmacies... Same drug can be produced in Canada, UK, India, Turkey etc. So, the specific drug from Canada cost almost twice more than same drug that produced in UK. But Canadians cannot buy drugs that aren't produced in Canada..

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm talking about drug that insurance doesn't cover (yes, it's prescribed by local doctor)... I'm ordering from Canadian online pharmacy based in Canada, BC... They sell it several times cheaper than local physical pharmacies... Same drug can be produced in Canada, UK, India, Turkey etc. So, the specific drug from Canada cost almost twice more than same drug that produced in UK. But Canadians cannot buy drugs that aren't produced in Canada..
Have you tried Walmart. I’ve found they are a lot cheaper than SDM

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm ordering from Canadian online pharmacy based in Canada, BC... They sell it several times cheaper than local physical pharmacies... .
Any concern that the meds are legit and aren't of suspect quality? I wouldn't doubt there's potentially some differences in pricing depending on retailer or country but kind of strange for a drug to be several times cheaper even when you factor in potential dispensing fees??

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any concern that the meds are legit and aren't of suspect quality? I wouldn't doubt there's potentially some differences in pricing depending on retailer or country but kind of strange for a drug to be several times cheaper even when you factor in potential dispensing fees??
Meds are completely legit... was using them many times already... When I was ordering for the first time, online pharmacy had generic version and physical pharmacies had only brand... and difference in price was really huge... later physical pharmacies started to sell generic version also, but still they charge much more...
But I don't understand why Canadian cannot buy in Canadian pharmacy same drags made in UK

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you tried Walmart. I’ve found they are a lot cheaper than SDM
I very doubt it ... also don't really want to call or visit multiple pharmacies ...with online one it's simple, they even offer free delivery...
Also online they offer different options, more quantity you order, less you pay

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Not certain about on line pharmacies.

My daughter lives in Ft. Mac. She does not have insurance. She has one of her prescriptions faxed by the physician to Costco in Edmonton because of cost. They send it to her in Ft. Mac. It is 1/3 the cost of filling it in Ft. Mac for some reason. Others she gets filled in Ft. Mac. She has been doing this for quite some time...no issues whatsoever.

I do not see any reason why you could not have your physician's office simply fax an Rx to an on a Canadian on line pharmacy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts