Canadian Money Forum banner
141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
This is peacetime in an American city. It's completely unacceptable to see armed militia men marching around in the streets. These guys honestly looked like they were the Taliban or some other middle eastern terrorist group.

Had their military fatigues and outfits too. They're the same kind of characters who were charged with seditious conspiracy for attacking DC.
It was armed thugs who chased down and tried to murder Kyle Rittenhouse.

It was armed thugs who took over several blocks in downtown Seattle and murdered several people. They were left alone by the police.

You're scared of the wrong people.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
You're scared of the wrong people.
I'm scared of the people who brought guns and military-like "soldiers" near my home and office, who set up positions from which they could kill / massacre me.

The people who did this were armed right wing extremists.

Later, the same people (right wing militias) planned an armed assault on Washington DC. They rented hotel rooms and stored weapons and ammo. These are extremely dangerous people. I've seen them training, I've seen them do dry-run attacks on my city, and now they've been caught for attacking Washington DC.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
James, the FBI said no one was armed on Jan 6. Your claim of an armed assault is a provable lie.

How exactly were unarmed people supposed to take over the government?
Evidence of weapons has come up a long time ago (we've known about weapons since mid 2021). The new federal charges against the militia members say they were heavily armed, and had prepared to bring weapons in the second stage of the government overthrow. The federal charges say that, immediately before the attack, members spent at least $27,000 on guns, ammo, and military gear.

Several months ago (second link below) it was already known that they had an arsenal of weapons located near Washington DC. The federal investigations revealed that they had a network of people, including accomplices located just outside of DC, who were storing an arsenal of weapons and ammo. The idea was that once the group seized control of the Capitol, weapons and ammo would be delivered to them from nearby.

So yes it's true that they didn't arrive at the Capitol with guns. But this was a tactical operation, and they planned a second stage where their guns and ammo would have been brought from nearby terrorist cells. Federal prosecutors know about the guns and it's part of the charges against them.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Unarmed people were going to seize the Capital and then weapons would be delivered to them? And you actually believe that?

I'm guessing that the armed right wing extremists you think you saw in your neighborhood were just a couple toddlers wearing red hats.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Unarmed people were going to seize the Capital and then weapons would be delivered to them? And you actually believe that?

I'm guessing that the armed right wing extremists you think you saw in your neighborhood were just a couple toddlers wearing red hats.
Since you keep covering for them and excusing them, ever after federal charges have been laid, I suspect that YOU might be a right wing extremist.

Are you part of any terrorist networks or militia cell? It wouldn't surprise me at all if you are an extremist. You sure talk like one.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If there's proof that they committed actual violence then I hope they're convicted. But we all know that if there was any real proof it would have been leaked within the first couple weeks and run on a 24/7 loop on CNN.

Based on the fact that no one had weapons and it took over a year to come up something to charge them with, I'm skeptical that anything bad really happened.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Myself included, often people passionately argue their point without consequence. It's just like religion, we argue and claim triumphs even though we have absolutely 0 proof.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you the President of the United States, Mr. Donald Chump, sorry I mean Trump.

I mean look at this man, how on earth can anybody truly follow him and believe in him? Truly shocking, it really is.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there. Now back to investing??

Forehead Coat Tie Microphone Gesture

I had to add another, sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Face Head Hairstyle Photograph Facial expression

·
Registered
729 Posts
Now post some pics of Biden groping young girls. That's another way to distract from the topic.

Maybe you can defend James ridiculous claim that unarmed people planned to take over the Capital building and then have weapons delivered. I'd love to hear that one.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Shh, james uncovered another right wing terrorist - happilyretired!
It doesn't matter that he didn't show any tendency to violence and is peacefully on this forum.
This is just a first stage of his attack! Once he takes over only then the second stage will commence
The second stage is when his coconspirators will bring him weapons from the outside.
Makes perfect sense - terrorist!!! convict him, 20 years is not enough FYI.

If someone seriously claims the idea was to take over capitol with no weapons, and then have weapons brought from the outside (not like the place would be surrounded by cops, national guards, army.......)........ well, there are closed facilities, and I don't mean jails, for people with imagination like that.

·
Registered
18,606 Posts
There were people armed with guns and pipe bombs arrested at the Capital riot.

Several have been charged and have future trials. One guy had a pickup truck full of weapons, ammunition and pipe bombs that was discovered by police.

Another had a loaded gun hidden under his body armor. Another had a utility trailer full of guns.

The FBI spokesperson is often quoted but without the full quote.

She said the FBI had not recovered any weapons, but clearly stated she did not speak for the Capital police, Washington police or other law enforcement.

They also don't know how many people had guns hidden in their clothing, because most of the mob ran away before they got arrested.

The evidence in the trials is sealed by the court until the trial.

There were also people who died from the riot and 140 police officers were injured. Many were injured with "weapons" other than guns.

Some of those charged have already pled guilty to assaulting police and been sentenced.

The evidence is substantial and includes witness testimony, a massive amount of video and pictures, and medical treatments.

It is ironic that it is video and statements posted on social media by members of the mob that provides the evidence to convict themselves.

Everything is going to come out into the public view. Hopefully the Congressional hearings will be held live so people hear all the evidence.

·
Registered
18,606 Posts
It is a serious felony to obstruct the business of Congress, or even to conspire or attempt to do so.

That charge alone applies to every rioter who breached the perimeter security and was on Capital grounds. It applies even more to those who battled police to gain entry to the Capital. This isn't a matter of simple "trespassing" charges, if the government wants to proceed with more serious crimes.

As the more serious crimes would require the option of an expensive jury trial, most of the charges will be laid so they are decided by a judge.

it is simply a matter of cost and efficiency. More serious charges may well involve jury trials as they carry heavy criminal penalities.

I suspect in most cases, the defendants will plead guilty to get a lesser punishment.

Anyone who believes the mob is going to walk away without consequence is dreaming in technicolor.

·
Registered
18,606 Posts
It isn't surprising the FBI didn't arrest people with guns at the Capital, since they weren't there defending it.

For a long time it was only the Capital police who defended the capital until the Washington police arrived.

The national guard was called to aid the Capital police but were not given permission by Trump to intervene.

The FBI arrived to investigate after the riot was over and the mob had dispersed, so they don't know how many people had guns.

There was one other law enforcement on the scene, and that was the Security Service detail for the Vice President.

They felt threatened enough that they led the VP away to a safe place and then blocked the only door into the area.

They will also provide testimony to the Congressional hearings and FBI investigators.

In should be remembered, that threatening the life of the President or VP of the US would likely get a person shot and killed in the attempt.

Had any of the mob breached that last door of protection, the Secret Service would have shot them dead on the spot.

The Secret Service are serious law enforcement and don't play "word" games.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
In should be remembered, that threatening the life of the President or VP of the US would likely get a person shot and killed in the attempt.

Had any of the mob breached that last door of protection, the Secret Service would have shot them dead on the spot.
It's still astounding to me that the Vice President ... the second in command of the government ... was running for his life during this attack. This is how serious this attack was.

Yes of course the Secret Service would have shot and killed anyone who got too close, as they should. The Capitol Police were dramatically outnumbered but they too did everything they could to stop the right wing extremists. They did shoot to kill attackers who were threatening the lives of government officials, and killed one of the attackers in the process.

The restraint on the part of the police was incredible. Being physically attacked, they would have been justified in shooting and killing far more of the extremists. I suspect they decided not to just because they were outnumbered by such a large margin, perhaps waiting for reinforcements and the military to arrive.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The Capital police officer who killed Ashley Babbit recently admitted in an interview that he didn't see her hands and didn't even know if she had a weapon before he fired his gun. Footage shows that he was at least 20 feet away from her and that no innocent people were being threatened. No one was in immediate danger, or in any danger at all based on what he admitted.

That officer shot and killed an unarmed woman half his size from 20+ feet away while in the presence of several other armed officers. There was no immediate threat that required lethal force. There was no threat that couldn't have been resolved with less lethal means.

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
It's still astounding to me that the Vice President ... the second in command of the government ... was running for his life during this attack. This is how serious this attack was.
Never heard that, do you have a reference?
I did hear
"US Secret Service told CNN in a statement Friday that Pence was "secure at all times."

That officer shot and killed an unarmed woman half his size from 20+ feet away while in the presence of several other armed officers. There was no immediate threat that required lethal force. There was no threat that couldn't have been resolved with less lethal means.
That's a pretty clear case of voluntary manslaughter, or even murder.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts