Canadian Money Forum banner
121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I completely agree with what you wrote and that it's not one sided. The riots you mentioned were awful and you're right that it seemed like no one wanted to stop them. I do think however that if orange man wasn't the leader of the free world at the time, things would have been a lot different.
I agree. If Trump hadn't been elected the left wing rioters would have had no reason burn down cities.

Trump won in 2016 and there was widespread rioting and arson.

Trump lost in 2020 and a few people walked around the Capital building taking selfies. Democrat heads exploded in rage.

·
Registered
18,599 Posts
So you are saying Trump and his AG Barr failed to deal with the rioting. I can believe that, as they both liked to stir things up.

Now there is a new law and order sheriff in town and Biden and his AG Garland are rounding up the rowdies.

·
Registered
23,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
The problem is the arrival at protests of armed people and militia groups.
When I was living in the US, still one of the craziest things I've seen to this day was when a busload of armed right wing militia men came into my city.

These are organized events, where a mix of right wing protesters + armed extremists gather at staging locations, and then someone pays to coordinate and transport them to the destination.

The first time I saw it, I was just so confused. I took a bunch of photos and sent them to coworkers, asking "what the hell is this?" because I couldn't make sense of it. Who are these nut jobs and why is a bus full of them arriving in town?

A few months later there was another event like this. Again, the armed extremists arrived in town, but this time climbed onto rooftops of office buildings with their rifles. There were armed men on the rooftop near my office building. I said to myself, this is too weird, I'm getting the hell out of here -- and I went home.

That's right wing terrorism and it happens all the time in America.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
When I was living in the US, still one of the craziest things I've seen to this day was when a busload of armed right wing militia men came into my city.

These are organized events, where a mix of right wing protesters + armed extremists gather at staging locations, and then someone pays to coordinate and transport them to the destination.

The first time I saw it, I was just so confused. I took a bunch of photos and sent them to coworkers, asking "what the hell is this?" because I couldn't make sense of it. Who are these nut jobs and why is a bus full of them arriving in town?

A few months later there was another event like this. Again, the armed extremists arrived in town, but this time climbed onto rooftops of office buildings with their rifles. There were armed men on the rooftop near my office building. I said to myself, this is too weird, I'm getting the hell out of here -- and I went home.

That's right wing terrorism and it happens all the time in America.
... at least in the USA, it's all out open and advertised and you can choose not to buy it whereas you can't in Canada where it's cloaked. You can have a 110% right wing extremist living right and/or working next to you whilst pretending not to be one only 'cause they got to follow the laws.

·
Registered
18,599 Posts
Wow......the evidence is mounting of a planned violent revolution directed by the White House that involved kidnapping or killing VP Mike Pence.

He refused to get into the car with the US Secret Service agents ? Why did Senator Chuck Grassley say on January 5th that he would be presiding over the electoral vote because VP Pence wouldn't be there the next day ? All the panic buttons in the Capital were disconnected and security codes were changed ?

DId Ted Cruz and others try to pave the way for the takeover by challenging those particular States electoral votes ? A lot of questions need answers.

It sounds like a military style coup was planned but fell apart when Pence wouldn't go along with it and refused to get in the car or stay away.

Pence changed the wording in his electoral vote process declaration to keep the fake documents (with fake DOJ seals) out of the process ?

Who created fake electoral documents for the 7 US States that were all identical ? Who are the people who claim to be the rightful electoral voters ?

As one law enforcement guy said...the culprits are now facing the "prisoner's dilemna", which is do they turn on the others before they others turn on them.

"There ain't much pride when your trapped inside........a slowly sinking ship".

·
Registered
18,599 Posts
It is also clear that the Senate Committee and law enforcement know a lot more than those involved thought they did.

VP Pence isn't cooperating personally yet, but all of his staff are fully cooperating with his blessing.

Keith Kellogg, the V.P.’s former national security adviser. Farah, who spoke with the committee several times in 2021, seemed surprised to find out “how much information [the committee] already had,” telling Axios that while those refusing to cooperate “likely are doing so out of complete fealty to Donald Trump and not wanting to piss him off,” it’s clear investigators already have their numbers. “They’re realizing the committee has quite a bit more information than they realized. And their involvement is known to a much greater degree than they realized,” she said.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
James probably could have lived in CHAZ last summer and still thought the right wing was the problem.
If you recall he was posting links to the "unmarked secret police".
Of course they were clearly identified uniformed officers.

He's totally obsessed with right wing extremists, ignoring the massive amount of damage other groups are doing

Like the "George Floyd" protests, billions in damages, 9 people dead, but the real problem is "right wingers"

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you recall he was posting links to the "unmarked secret police".
Of course they were clearly identified uniformed officers.

He's totally obsessed with right wing extremists, ignoring the massive amount of damage other groups are doing

Like the "George Floyd" protests, billions in damages, 9 people dead, but the real problem is "right wingers"
I've only been here for a couple months so I'm unaware of earlier conversations, but I'm not surprised that he would have been oblivious to or just ignored left wing violence.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sadly the real problem is that people think violence is acceptable behaviour in response to anyone who holds an opinion or belief different than your own. The US is so polarized. Unfortunately, that is also starting to creep into Canada as well. Remember when the practice was to change your opinions based on seeking and verifying information. Now the standard is to change the information to match your opinion.

·
Registered
23,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I'm not obsessed with them. They threatened my life, marched through my city with weapons and then set up sniper positions on rooftops near my office.

Only a lunatic would think that's normal to see, unless a country is at war.

But yes I do understand how that's normal in the eyes of @MrMatt , the ex military man. But MrMatt let me remind you that this isn't a third world country under occupation. This is peacetime in an American city. It's completely unacceptable to see armed militia men marching around in the streets. These guys honestly looked like they were the Taliban or some other middle eastern terrorist group.

Had their military fatigues and outfits too. They're the same kind of characters who were charged with seditious conspiracy for attacking DC.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
I'm not obsessed with them. They threatened my life, marched through my city with weapons and then set up sniper positions on rooftops near my office.

Only a lunatic would think that's normal to see, unless a country is at war.

But yes I do understand how that's normal in the eyes of @MrMatt , the ex military man. But MrMatt let me remind you that this isn't a third world country under occupation. This is peacetime in an American city. It's completely unacceptable to see armed militia men marching around in the streets. These guys honestly looked like they were the Taliban or some other middle eastern terrorist group.

Had their military fatigues and outfits too. They're the same kind of characters who were charged with seditious conspiracy for attacking DC.
You keep acting like I approve of their actions.

I'm simply pointing out that they really aren't as bad as the left wing for 2 reasons.

1. The cause less death. The BLM protests killed 9 people, the capital hill riot ... how many did the rioters kill? I think I lost count at zero.
2. They cause less damage, billions vs a few million.
3. Most importantly, everyone condemed the capital hill riot, many endorse the BLM/George Floyd riots <<< That's the big issue. In some cases politicians even participated and ordered law enforcement to stand back.

People universally agree that right wing violence is wrong, and they are willing to act on it.
In too many cases the left wing violence is encouraged and sanctioned by government.

Do you really think that anyone would have let a right wing militia operate CHAZ? After there were a few murders, I'm sure someone would have stepped in.

The problem isn't the wrongness of the actors, it's the double standard.
Secondly I say throw every single criminal in jail, irrespective of political affiliation.

How many people have been prosecuted for destroying monuments?
Did our PM violate COVID quarantine rules to participate in a "right wing" or "left wing" illegal protest?
The complicity of government encouraging lawlessness and political violence is the problem, on the face that is your issue with Capital Hill, but really it isn't since the official government support is minimal.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The main problem too w the almost a year of left wing looting is it now has now become normalized and accepted. Every month you can watch on the news a Luis Vuitton, Gucci or other high end store being run over in broad daylight by a mob out of greed vs any kind of protest . There are no police to prevent it and Democrat state governors don't care to enforce the law anymore. . Nothing gets said about it in the left wing media either .

I would not want to be a retail business owner in the US because Democrats will not enforce law and order and treat the rioters w impunity.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts