Canadian Money Forum banner
81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The public knows what they saw live on national television.
Just like they knew exactly what Trump was saying when he said that Mexico sends rapists and murderers or that there were great folks on "both sides" of the unite-the-right fiasco.

The frightening thing is how many people basically sat back and though "yeah, I'm okay with that; he's my boy". The folks that are on-side on the agenda are just going to make excuses and bend their standards to ignore the core problems. Fox news has folks working 24/7 coming up with rationalizations and whataboutisms to keep the waters nice and muddy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Unite the right? Lol. Someone's been watching too much CNN. You can tell because they always bring up Fox.

I've lost track of how many pedophiles CNN has fired in the last month or so. Was it 2?

·
Registered
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
...and it was later determined that the whole scheme was thought up and driven by the police themselves.
It speaks to a general problem with police and intelligence in the US & Canada. As institutions they are strongly right-leaning, and pretty much turn a blind eye to domestic extremists such as white supremacists and far-right extremists. Many in the police, intelligence, and military are right-leaning themselves, and they also rather sympathetic to right wing extremists.

That's why police never saw those MAGA attackers coming on January 6, and why the RCMP never went after either Mathews or Hurren until it was too late. Of course those of us who spend time online actually see the right wing extremists everywhere. They operate in plain sight, even sometimes on this forum.

To be fair, the FBI and DHS are actually better at catching right wing extremists than Canadian authorities, because Americans have a long history of domestic terrorism. For example look at how fast they caught Mathews, when the RCMP did absolutely nothing.

Law enforcement is just itching to go after any kind of muslim they can find, so they spy on mosques, harass innocent men, or (in the case of that Nuttall case) they just fabricate the crimes. The RCMP learned that tactic from the FBI, who has a long history of planning fake terror plots and entrapping muslims.

We're going to see more far-right attacks like January 6 and their mass shootings and bombings, and what particularly scares me is that police have no interest in stopping these. Police and intelligence services have the same attitude as @MrMatt @damian13ster @HappilyRetired ... which is "these are just troubled boys, not a big deal". Always making excuses for them and shrugging off the threat.

·
Registered
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Go back to the Harper years the RCMP uncovered a major ring of jihadists bent on beheading Harper and blowing up the Langevin building and CN Towers. Another group had big plans for blowing up a major train
The difference here is that police and intelligence actually is always watching for this kind of radical muslim threat, so I have absolutely no concern about them dropping the ball. They are totally and utterly obsessed with this stuff.

But my concern (as I describe in my post above) is that police & intelligence does not bring anywhere close to that enthusiasm to tackle other kinds of domestic terrorists. Take a look at the story of that neo-nazi terrorist from Manitoba. The guy who exposed him was a junior reporter with the local newspaper! It shows how the police never even bothered to look.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Don't try to pretend you know what my attitude is. You know ****.
Only thing I am saying entire time is people who commit crimes should be caught and prosecuted. No difference where they lay on political spectrum. That's it.
People who burn down government buildings should be prosecuted
People who storm government buildings should be prosecuted
People who commit crime should be prosecuted.

Not sure why you aren't able to comprehend it

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
It speaks to a general problem with police and intelligence in the US & Canada. As institutions they are strongly right-leaning, and pretty much turn a blind eye to domestic extremists such as white supremacists and far-right extremists. Many in the police, intelligence, and military are right-leaning themselves, and they also rather sympathetic to right wing extremists.
Because they tend not to be the ones attacking them.
How many police stations or DHS or ICE offices were attacked by right wing extremists, vs left wing extremistist?

and why the RCMP never went after either Mathews or Hurren until it was too late.
And we don't have pre-crime units.

Police and intelligence services have the same attitude as @MrMatt @damian13ster @HappilyRetired ... which is "these are just troubled boys, not a big deal". Always making excuses for them and shrugging off the threat.
Never said that.
Specific to Jan 6, I have always stood against the violent actions that took place that day.
No excuses, no shrugging off.

The fact that everyone is taking it seriously is WHY I don't see a huge systematic problem here. Nobody wants that to happen again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Left wing police chiefs and mayors order the police to stand down. That why illegal road and rail blockades happen. The police also stand by and watch left wing thugs burn, loot, and vandalize. Minneapolis suffered $500 million in damage. Violent leftist took over entire city blocks while the police did nothing. The rare time a left wing criminal is arrested they're usually released quickly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Understand this,

The American people would not have spoken to each other, nor about each other, not in left or right terms or descriptions, nor in such a demeaning way before that disgusting, uneducated, self-righteous orange lunatic came into power. Sure, there's always been rifts between political parties but never to this degree that we are seeing, and have seen for the past few years. It is truly saddening what has happened and it will be many years until people start to come together again.

Doing what is right is not about left or right.

:unsure:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Understand this,

The American people would not have spoken to each other, nor about each other, not in left or right terms or descriptions, nor in such a demeaning way before that disgusting, uneducated, self-righteous orange lunatic came into power. Sure, there's always been rifts between political parties but never to this degree that we are seeing, and have seen for the past few years. It is truly saddening what has happened and it will be many years until people start to come together again.

Doing what is right is not about left or right.

:unsure:
Your ranting post of hatred sums up how most of the left has been for 5 years. But it's not Trump's fault, it's good old leftist ideology finally rearing its ugly face. People that didn't vote for Hillary had to put up with 5 years of raving lunacy. Trump has been gone for a year and you still can't get over it.

Get a life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your ranting post of hatred sums up how most of the left has been for 5 years. But it's not Trump's fault, it's good old leftist ideology finally rearing its ugly face. People that didn't vote for Hillary had to put up with 5 years of raving lunacy. Trump has been gone for a year and you still can't get over it.

Get a life.
I hope you have a really enjoyable evening.

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
The Republicans deny what they said about the Capital riot, because of who they are.........liars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think you've completely misunderstood what I was saying in my original post.

Really, have a nice day, there's no need to banter back and forth. We aren't teenagers.
I didn't miss what you said, your viewpoint was quite clear. You went on an unhinged rant against Trump and the people that voted for him and are completely oblivious that it's your type of divisive mindset that creates problems. You still haven't got over it.

I agree that there's no further need to banter because you'll never see that you're a big part of the problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't miss what you said, your viewpoint was quite clear. You went on an unhinged rant against Trump and the people that voted for him and are completely oblivious that it's your type of divisive mindset that creates problems. You still haven't got over it.

I agree that there's no further need to banter because you'll never see that you're a big part of the problem.
:poop:

·
Registered
22,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
US prosecutors have brought the most serious charges yet, against 11 far right militants. Some of them are ex military members.

11 members of this far right militia are charged with seditious conspiracy, accused of conspiring with others to "oppose by force the execution of the laws governing the transfer of presidential power".

They had planned to bring weapons to DC and had also worn military-style tactical gear as they attacked the Capitol. Obviously not just a bunch of harmless, disorganized protesters. These men face up to 20 years in prison for seditious conspiracy, and more charges are coming.

·
Registered
43 Posts
US prosecutors have brought the most serious charges yet, against 11 far right militants. Some of them are ex military members.

11 members of this far right militia are charged with seditious conspiracy, accused of conspiring with others to "oppose by force the execution of the laws governing the transfer of presidential power".

They had planned to bring weapons to DC and had also worn military-style tactical gear as they attacked the Capitol. Obviously not just a bunch of harmless, disorganized protesters. These men face up to 20 years in prison for seditious conspiracy, and more charges are coming.

I hope they get the full 20 years. Absolutely shameful.

81 - 100 of 150 Posts