Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have been the most serious attack, ever, on the USA by right wing extremists. It was carried out by Trump supporters (MAGA movement) who wanted to stop the election results from being certified... a direct assault on American democracy.

Elected politicians fled the Capitol and were forced into hiding. The DoJ says that 75 individuals were charged with using a dangerous or deadly weapon, and 140 police officers were assaulted. More than 700 people have been arrested so far.

Right wing extremists are not going away. Backed by the Republican Party (which has chosen to align with Trump), they are creating a cult-like extremist movement in the US.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
The hearings on the riot may be broadcast live on national television.

The government has the authority to require all television networks and stations to carry it live, including Fox News.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
^ And the above poster believes the events of January 6, 2021 at Capitol Hills was a gigantic party celebrating the loss of the election by an ex-POTUS? Don't miss your chance to visit your idol there in Florida.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A bunch of people were welcomed in by security (there is video evidence), they walked around and took selfies. Trespassing at worst for the vast majority. Exculpatory evidence has been withheld.

And that's the most serious attack ever? As I said...some people will believe anything.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
A bunch of people were welcomed in by security (there is video evidence), they walked around and took selfies. Trespassing at worst for the vast majority. Exculpatory evidence has been withheld.
... right and some 700 "participators" were waiting to be rescued by Mr. Dump whilst serving their jail-time.

And that's the most serious attack ever? As I said...some people will believe anything.
... and then there're some people who loves to accuse everybody everything that they themselves actually are.

I guess police officers don't count for beans in your eyes.

These Are the People Who Died in Connection With the Capitol Riot

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The actual question is what in the hell was security doing?
Why did they refuse to mobilize national guard. The house of commons leader had a right to do that and refused to.
Unfortunately the house leaders also refused to share any communications of that day and prior, related to setting up the security.

There are bunch of idiots pretty much anywhere you go so security is necessary. Why did it stand down on Jan 6? - we will never know. Same was as we will never know why police stood down during riots over the summer.

This is all just a media circus and ultimately we will never find out what were the root causes and no improvements will be made. Just an opportunity to throw more mud at each other.

And gullible people get into it -just as the politicians want them to

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just another example of people reading only headlines, listening or reading media outlets with clear agendas. Perhaps do your own deeper research into something as ‘big’ of an event as this was.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Just another example of people reading only headlines, listening or reading media outlets with clear agendas. Perhaps do your own deeper research into something as ‘big’ of an event as this was.
Can you recommend any sources?

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
There is no loyalty among criminals. They are ratting each other out to get a deal.

Those who talk first get probation. Those who don't get cell mates.

Hey.........are you guys fellow Libertarians ?

Skin Head Eye Shoulder Muscle

·
Registered
371 Posts
This thread has gone downhill quickly...now the conspiracy theorists are reduced to posting pics of MS13 gang members.

I guess the list of 7 confirmed deaths won't be coming either?

·
Registered
554 Posts
January 6th is to the Republican Party what June 4th is to the Communist Party of China.
The events on that date never occurred.

·
Registered
371 Posts
January 6th is to the Republican Party what June 4th is to the Communist Party of China.
The events on that date never occurred.
No one has proven that anything happened. Video shows some trespassing and some scuffling. All we know for sure is that a cop murdered an unarmed woman and was called a hero.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Makes me thankful that my grandparents/father decided to emigrate to Canada rather than continue on to the US with the rest of the clan.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
It would be an interesting and historic live event on television.

I remember watching the Watergate hearings and John Dean's testimony. Everybody was watching it every day.

Shortly after that, staunch Republican Barry Goldwater went to Nixon and told him......you only have 3 or 4 votes of support in the Senate and none of them is mine. One way or the other you are leaving.

Nixon resigned on national television, took his dog Checkers, climbed the stairs of Air Force One, turned and waved and was gone from politics forever.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
The other day the female realtor who had said there was no way she would receive prison time because she was a woman and blonde, said she was reporting to prison in a few days. She wasn't laughing any more.

The guy with the moose horns cried when told he was going to prison. Others were shocked and begged not to go......but the judges aren't having any of it.

The DOJ is now going after the "higher ups" who could do substantial prison time for serious insurrection felony charges and assaults on police officers.

I don't think traitors should be given any leniency at all. They are lucky they aren't being executed.

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A bunch of people were welcomed in by security (there is video evidence), they walked around and took selfies.
You forgot the part where they beat up cops, tried to kill cops, and tried to kill politicians.

The attackers had set up gallows outside, ready to execute their political enemies. They tried to find Pelosi and Pence, to capture and kill them.

But I do understand that terrorist sympathizers will choose to ignore the ugliness. That's what extremists do... and they also apologize and cover for other extremists.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts