Canadian Money Forum banner

ON Property Tax Credit and Omitted Taxes from previous years

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  joncnca 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm doing my taxes return and I'm just going over form 479 for the property tax credit. The guide says this only applies to property tax paid in 2009.

I live in a condominium in Toronto that finished construction in 2007 but they only just finished their assessment of property value in late 2009, so I got hit with Omitted taxes from 2007-2009.

Now does this mean that for my 2009 tax return, i can only claim the property taxes paid for 2009, and I would need to go back and modify my 2008 and 2007 tax returns in order to claim those credits, or can I just lump them together for this tax season because 'technically' i PAID these taxes in 2009?

Thanks!

======
UPDATE: Hi everyone, I just went through the calculations and realized that I wouldn't get anything for this tax credit. But if anyone knows the answer to my question, it'd still be interesting to know the answer and perhaps it may help someone else out.
Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.