1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Depression like the 1930's.

2. Recession like 1974.

3. The end of some fiat currencies.

4. Normal recession, we are on our way even with horrible earnings.

5. Play it, don't stay with it and see what happens.

6. Fall will see the big decline and we are almost there.

7. Everything is great I believe the usual economists and the Fed.

8. Everyone is geared to spend money, let the inflation followed by hyper-inflation begin.

·
Registered
274 Posts
1. Depression like the 1930's.

2. Recession like 1974.

3. The end of some fiat currencies.

4. Normal recession, we are on our way even with horrible earnings.

5. Play it, don't stay with it and see what happens.

7. Everything is great I believe the usual economists and the Fed.

8. Everyone is geared to spend money, let the inflation followed by hyper-inflation begin.
1. Not this time.
2. Same as four and my pick.
3. Not at this time.
4. See two.
5. You can get in trouble that way... use protection. ;)
6. Fall will see the big fall... decline come on man work with it, lol. No crystal ball. Doubt it will be that bad.
7. Yeah, that's why a third of US mortgages are behind, and Canadian bankruptcies are skyrocketing?? Or maybe that's the result of no jobs? It's all good, lol. :rolleyes:
8. As the US consumer goes so goes the global economy... they've entrenched like they haven't done in decades. Inflation? Stay tuned... but make sure it's good cuz you'll be watching for a while yet.

Caveats include spike in necessary expenditure costs that will further hinder the recovery. And yes, the recovery is already underway. This added burden on the already reeling consumer will put inflation in a headlock.

Disclaimer: See the comment above about the crystal ball. :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
The predicted inflation/hyperinflation will, supposedly, not come by stronger demand/consumerism. Instead it will come from dollar diversification (ie. China continuously buying up the worlds resources instead of USD) and the Fed having to print money to buy the USD that no one wants. Thus, a recovery won't be necessary for the coming inflation.

I've heard that the BRIC countries have given the US until November to turn things around... so I see the USD falling significantly by this winter.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm close to 100% invested as I expect the rally to continue into September. I'll probably be close to 100% cash by the end of September then bargain hunting in October/November.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rickson and mogul are right I forgot my crystal ball. I didn't realize I had posted this until this morning. I was fooling around with the poll thing last night and must have accidentally posted this.

Anyway thanks for your comment $1600 Gold by 2011 and for what it is worth I think your right about cash at the end of September looking for the opporunities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts