Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Youtube has said why they removed it. No censorship, because it is possible to post it on other platforms.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Youtube has said why they removed it. No censorship, because it is possible to post it on other platforms.
Just admit you approve of censorship of ideas you don't agree with...there is no need to make pitiful excuses. Be a mature adult instead of trying to hide that you agree with silencing opposing opinions.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
^ An overzealous old technie is what BG is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ... plenty of this type already exists in the workplace. He's gonna to "save the world" ... hellulajah!!!!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
If masks are so useless in controlling the spread of infections, why is it that doctors, nurses, dentists even vets have been using them all the time when they are in situations where there is a risk of giving or receiving an infection? Is it all some cynical political posturing that they've been setting up for the last 110 years, just to make the MAGA doofuses look like idiots now? That would be a pretty long game.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its amazing how mainstream these ridiculous conspiracy theories have gotten. I was recently visiting family and their neighbourhood had a bit of a block party. Very nice, helpful and fun folks.

But, get a few drinks in them and talk politics and holy crap!
-Apparently Trump is the world saviour and he's bringing down pedophiles and child trafficking.
-Child trafficking is somehow a global business involving many celebrities and elites.
-Many people are using stem cells from these trafficked children for all kinds of insane reasons.
-Bill gates is evil and trying to take over the world.
-COVID 19 was created to try and make Trump loose the election
-etc etc

I'm all for not blindly trusting government, and I would even say certain conspiracy theories have some merit and are worth looking into. But these are insane. Yet typical middle class otherwise reasonably intelligent people are gobbling this nonsense up.

I was on vacation back in early February and met a group of people from Chicago, they were pretty much spouting the same conspiracy theories.

I believe these conspiracies that were once just an extreme fringe movement , have been cleverly packaged to appear more legitimate and are now quite mainstream.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I believe these conspiracies that were once just an extreme fringe movement , have been cleverly packaged to appear more legitimate and are now quite mainstream.
There's a psychology for conspiracies. They were always around, but the internet has made them "acceptable" because you can find other people who believe in them as well. Then you just get into an echo chamber which reinforces what you believe. It gets to the point that people internalize them so that there is absolutely no way to convince otherwise because that will tear down their whole belief system.

Some are fairly harmless, e.g. Area 51... flat Earth (kind of), but when it comes to health and selecting your country's leader, well, that's an issue.

At the end, there's no point in trying to reason with conspiracy theories... maybe have fun with them is about all you can do.

For example, Gates, Amazon, and the new world order are working together to tag and monitor all the people in the world with facial recognition technology, so they can pacify the masses. To counter this, you should wear something to cover your face to prevent easier identification... like, maybe face masks. They still let you see, but covers enough of your face so you can't be identified.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
A couple were dead serious when they "informed" me that Michelle Obama was actually a man.

Check out "conspiracies" on Youtube and there sure are a lot of them.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts