Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have read with interest for some time but never posted. I recently sold my business and will be moving into early retirement in the near future. I am hoping to learn more from an investment perspective and I am wondering how much information it is safe and wise to share when asking for advice. My hope was to have some outside perspective on my existing investments.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Welcome.

Just make your questions generic (as this is a public forum) and provide only general info (if you don't want to be identified with your business fro someowhere in London, Ontario. E.g. don't claim you're the CEO of ABCZON company). And keep in mind the "advice" that you're getting here is "free" meaning, take it at your own risk.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Well the good thing here is that everyone is anonymous, so no harm in sharing numbers. Don't post anything that could give clues about who you are in real life.

Using a pseudonym or a nickname is a good idea but looks like you've already done that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both, really hard to get the feedback §i am looking for without some details, but I think I can keep it generic enough.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful information and question. Thanks creating such a beautiful topic.
Thank you, I have read a lot of valuable information on here. I am however seeing more political threads here than I really care to. I am a political person but to me this thread should focus on its original intent or soon the ability to share investing and money information will be overshadowed by anger. Its great to share views but there are more appropriate forums than this one.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
Tayls, it's true that there are some political topics that pop up from time to time. People have varying opinions on this but, although this is mostly a financial discussion forum, there are some people who enjoy discussing politics. There is also some inevitable overlap between financial markets, economics, and politics.

As moderators we are interested in hearing feedback from people. I would love to hear your feedback as well. Please feel free to send a private message to me, or you can also report a post by clicking the triangle icon, for example if you find the message hostile or inflammatory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts