Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now if something happened to me my wife would most definitely need an advisor as she has no interest in learning any of this.
That was exactly why I made the move. Previously I did all of the investing. Some good, some bad but over al for my time period a fair return.
However, my wife could care less. So I moved over the 100% mangaged account.
now we both can concentrating of living, spending & enjoying.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Now if something happened to me my wife would most definitely need an advisor as she has no interest in learning any of this.
That was exactly why I made the move. Previously I did all of the investing. Some good, some bad but over al for my time period a fair return.
However, my wife could care less. So I moved over the 100% mangaged account.
now we both can concentrating of living, spending & enjoying.
Yes I can see doing that down the road, probably once I get bored of doing it myself.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I sometimes think the word 'retired' should be banned from the English language. It has this 'finished' aspect to it, as if everything after you retire stands still forever while you wait to die.

Life after retirement continues to change just as it did before retirement. The only difference is how you SPEND your time. You have the ability to choose how to spend it far more than you did before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I sometimes think the word 'retired' should be banned from the English language. It has this 'finished' aspect to it, as if everything after you retire stands still forever while you wait to die.

Life after retirement continues to change just as it did before retirement. The only difference is how you SPEND your time. You have the ability to choose how to spend it far more than you did before.
Agreed 100%, it is just another phase, in fact it should be replaced with "free", so instead of retiring you are becoming free.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Agreed 100%, it is just another phase, in fact it should be replaced with "free", so instead of retiring you are becoming free.
I sometimes refer to the 'retired' as the 'leisure class' as opposed to the 'working class.' For some reason those who have to work for a living don't like to hear that. LOL

41 - 45 of 45 Posts