Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
You're a bit confused here.

You are suppose to use Windows File Explorer to go to directory called c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and find the HOSTS file.

Then you can examine the date (timestamp) that the HOSTS file was last modified.

See attached where I have navigated file explorer to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and the HOSTS file is there and the "timestamp" (date modified) is in 2016.

You can right click that HOSTS file and tell Windows to open the file with NOTEPAD and you can see its contents.

hosts.png

ltr

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
"a BIT" confused??? LOL
thanks ltr ...what information exactly am i looking for here ???
You would be looking at the date of the HOSTS file as indicated by the red arrow in the picture I attached.

If that date is close to when your troubles began, it's a good sign it might be the culprit.

You can then examine the file with NOTEPAD and see if there are any suspicious entries as discussed earlier in this thread. :)

ltr

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got this problem fixed in a matter of minutes. So, the problem was nearly the same. Looks like the network card has some problems. Make sure that the drivers are the newest ones that exist for your network card. The drivers from my network card were old as hell but got the fixed really fast and easy. I found this list: Free driver updater: Top-15 list | Thinkmobiles .That helped me to find the best driver updater for my pc. I couldn’t find on the internet a good driver, but this software found it all by himself. This app is awesome.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts