Canadian Money Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Trump won in spite of Big Tech and the media, not because of them. Had he had a level playing field it would have been a slaughter.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. We'll see how it works out this time, as again, there's a mighty media and social media machine pushing against him, just like last time, maybe even more so.

ltr

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It doesn't really matter who uses it or who wins and who loses. My main point is that this data is powerful. Way more powerful then the average joe understands and I think it is time for our leaders to recognize this and put in measures to try to control it. Before that can happen we need the average person to understand it and I suspect that will take a lot longer...unless everyone reads this forum, which as we know, they don't.

Hopefully it happens before it is too late. As I said, this can be very dangerous. It is not just allowing the weather site to know where you are to provide local forecasts. Once you do that everyone knows where you are. Once they know that, probably 1/2 of your defenses are now neutralized. Add to that, they probably now also know the name, age, location of your mother, father, sister, wife, child, grandchildren, place of work, type of car you drive and what you like to do on a Saturday night, and you now pretty much have no more defenses at all.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
It doesn't really matter who uses it or who wins and who loses. My main point is that this data is powerful. Way more powerful then the average joe understands and I think it is time for our leaders to recognize this and put in measures to try to control it. Before that can happen we need the average person to understand it and I suspect that will take a lot longer...unless everyone reads this forum, which as we know, they don't.

Hopefully it happens before it is too late. As I said, this can be very dangerous. It is not just allowing the weather site to know where you are to provide local forecasts. Once you do that everyone knows where you are. Once they know that, probably 1/2 of your defenses are now neutralized. Add to that, they probably now also know the name, age, location of your mother, father, sister, wife, child, grandchildren, place of work, type of car you drive and what you like to do on a Saturday night, and you now pretty much have no more defenses at all.
What is it that I am supposed to need to defend? What I do on a Saturday night? Defend it from who and why?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The more someone knows about you the more power they have to manipulate you. What they do with that power is up to them and their imagination.

Look. I am not saying don't let the weather site know your location. I am just trying to warn everyone that this data, that many feel is benign, is not. It can be quite dangerous.

Would Donald Trump be the President without it. I don't know. Did it help him. That has already been confirmed.

People, there were congressional hearings about what I am talking about. Just google Cambridge Analytica, Whistleblower Christopher Wylie or google anything from Brittany Kaiser, who also worked for Cambridge at a high level, during the Trump campaign. This is scary stuff. The manipulation of voters, I speak of, actually happened. I am not dreaming this up from some sweaty nightmare I had. I couldn't have come up with this on my best day.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
The more someone knows about you the more power they have to manipulate you. What they do with that power is up to them and their imagination.

Look. I am not saying don't let the weather site know your location. I am just trying to warn everyone that this data, that many feel is benign, is not. It can be quite dangerous.
It's interesting there is some concerned over data collected by Google, Apple, smart phone apps, etc but really no discussion about the current trend of companies moving towards cloud computing. So in many cases companies are now storing their previously locally stored data on someone elses computers on the internet which may include privileged and/or sensitive information.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
It's interesting there is some concerned over data collected by Google, Apple, smart phone apps, etc but really no discussion about the current trend of companies moving towards cloud computing.

Yeah, I am certainly more concerned about my broker being hacked than I am about a COVID-19 tracing app that is anonymous and simply tracks where I am in relation to people with the virus. I also have concerns about cloud storage, and so never use it. I try and store all my data on my computer, but that's not possible when it comes to a bank or broker.

ltr

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I guess what I am saying is make sure whenever you give away information on yourself that it is of some real value to you. The Covid19 tracing app may very well be one of those. I don't know enough about it.

The other thing I would like people to do is get a little angry in how this data is stored, protected and used. It is only with this anger that we might ever hope for some real change. In the least, Facebook should be banned from running political ads on their platform. I ask myself, if all those congressional congress people know what I know and probably more why are they not doing that. The sinnister side of me thinks that it is because, now that they know how it works and what it can do to win elections, they now plan to use this power for themselves, as well. What politician wouldn't? It is certainly not a coincidence that most internet platforms pledged to stop political ads on their platforms, during elections, except Facebook. I believe the reason for that, is because political ads would be more powerful then most other ads and therefore can be sold at a much higher price. They would now be mandatory for any political campaign. Knowing what I know now, I doubt anyone can ever be elected, without a program to manipulate voters on Facebook. It is just too easy and too successful in generating votes on election day. It really needs to be stopped. I imagine it is happening in Canada as well. Why wouldn't it?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Well...Happy Pandemic everyone!

Hackers target Canadians with fake COVID-19 contact-tracing app disguised as official government software

·
Registered
329 Posts
What is it that I am supposed to need to defend? What I do on a Saturday night? Defend it from who and why?
They quarantine the healthy for 14 days just for coming in contact with another healthy person through contract tracing. Breaking the families apart divide & conquer. You cant make this stuff up. If you do not have the mark of the beast that you have been vaccinated with who knows what to reduce the population you freedom of movement will be gone. Based on you being a good slave you will be rewarded with crypto currency

·
Registered
329 Posts
There is nothing new under the sun. How did the bible predict the anti Christ & the mark of the beast ? Years ago was there a similar scamdemic/plandemic? Maybe the ancients years ago were more advanced then we give them credit for & they had vaccines & or tracking devices. If it happened before it will probably happen again as time passes.

Or maybe there was time travel ? Gravity & time are in direct relationship to each other. Since gravity as we know can not be screened future gravity becomes present become past which results in us accumulating gravity. Which can be witnessed as we sag back to earth as we age & accumulate more gravity. The earth pulls down the moon pulls up as the moon gets farther from earth over the years the taller species have been over come by the less gravity pulling upwards. If gravity can be screened so there is no accumulation of gravity. Perhaps some how time travel is possible.

Maybe it was just a guess but kinda interesting that somehow the bible was able to predict the anti Christ & the mark of the beast. Based on the story Jesus was a healer the opposite would be to promote death. WHO ? ( not talking about the Corrupt World Health Organization who gets their funding from the guy that wants to reduce the population, vaccinate us all & inject us with microchips) Though they pretend to be all goodie 2 shoes. just like the bible said people will fall for it thinking the anti Christ is a saint. Pretending to give billions away while having a bit of a monopoly on the media & has a monopoly on world health. So far it has not all played out will be interesting to see what happens.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts