Canadian Money Forum banner
161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
It only prohibits discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity. It says nothing about sex education (birds and bees). Feel free to quote as desired.
It doesn't even do that.

It limits the discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity to young children and requires it be done in an age appropriate manner for other children.

It's 7 pages long, go read it. There really isn't much to get worked up about.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
It doesn't even do that.

It limits the discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity to young children and requires it be done in an age appropriate manner for other children.

It's 7 pages long, go read it. There really isn't much to get worked up about.
Sexual orientation includes heterosexuality, and gender identity include cisgender identity. Teachers can be sued for discussing families... it's just an absurd nonsense law for slack jawed conservatives who hate gays.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Sexual orientation includes heterosexuality, and gender identity include cisgender identity. Teachers can be sued for discussing families... it's just an absurd nonsense law for slack jawed conservatives who hate gays.
Slack jawed conservatives? Really? Is it okay if I suggest that people opposed to the bill are typical liberal pedophiles? Because I can't think of any reason why alternative sexual orientation needs to be taught to 5-year old kids, but I can think of several reasons why pedophiles would want it taught.

If you had read the bill you would have seen this part that specifically says: "prohibiting classroom 22 discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity 23 in certain grade levels or in a specified manner"

Gay, heterosexual, cisgender, two spirit, transgender, drag queen, etc are NOT mentioned. The bill bans all sexual teaching to very young kids and has absolutely nothing to do with gay people. Please correct me if I missed the part where gays are singled out.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit of an overreaction, but if you saw how much transgender crap they are foisting on 5yr olds the reaction was due.

Morris Micklewhite and the tangerine dress is a fine book, but we really don't need to be making sure every boy in the classroom reads it.

I've been on the other side of this as well. I got a lot of side-eye from people when my boys were that age and pushed their baby dolls around in strollers.

I think it's just fine to break traditional gender norms, that's just fine. But this bizzarree obsession with trans & gender identity is weird and kind of pointless.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
The bill bans all sexual teaching to very young kids and has absolutely nothing to do with gay people.
Please show where it bans all sexual teaching to very young kids?
I actually support age appropriate sex ed, I think a 5yr old should know they have the right to refuse someones touch.
I think consent and bodily autonomy is an important topic and should be taught and supported at all age levels.

Line 21-22 is about "gay people"
"prohibiting classroom 22 discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity 23 in certain grade levels or in a specified manner"

I thought you read the bill?

Interestingly enough you even quoted that line, do you not realize that "sexual orientation" is basically an inclusive term for LGBTQS+ (I think straight is in there somewhere)

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Slack jawed conservatives? Really? Is it okay if I suggest that people opposed to the bill are typical liberal pedophiles? Because I can't think of any reason why alternative sexual orientation needs to be taught to 5-year old kids, but I can think of several reasons why pedophiles would want it taught.

If you had read the bill you would have seen this part that specifically says: "prohibiting classroom 22 discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity 23 in certain grade levels or in a specified manner"

Gay, heterosexual, cisgender, two spirit, transgender, drag queen, etc are NOT mentioned. The bill bans all sexual teaching to very young kids and has absolutely nothing to do with gay people. Please correct me if I missed the part where gays are singled out.
The law does not prohibit discussion of alternative sexual orientations or gender identities. It prohibits discussion of all sexual orientations etc. include "mainstream".

What happens when one child in a class has same sex parents, and another child in the class asks the teacher about it?

I am saying its a stupid bill because it doesn't achieve what the slack jawed yokels think it does. You yourself believed it only prohibited discussion of "alternative" orientations--it bans all of them. It is absurd and impractical.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Please show where it bans all sexual teaching to very young kids?
I actually support age appropriate sex ed, I think a 5yr old should know they have the right to refuse someones touch.
I think consent and bodily autonomy is an important topic and should be taught and supported at all age levels.

Line 21-22 is about "gay people"
"prohibiting classroom 22 discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity 23 in certain grade levels or in a specified manner"

I thought you read the bill?

Interestingly enough you even quoted that line, do you not realize that "sexual orientation" is basically an inclusive term for LGBTQS+ (I think straight is in there somewhere)
Yes, definitely by grade 3 I was taught about consent. I still remember the song they used to drive the idea home.

Everyone has a sexual orientation. Not sure everyone understands that. I bet the same people think they don't speak with an accent.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
The law does not prohibit discussion of alternative sexual orientations or gender identities. It prohibits discussion of all sexual orientations etc. include "mainstream".

What happens when one child in a class has same sex parents, and another child in the class asks the teacher about it?
Stevie has 2 moms. Okay then move on.
What do you do when it's a split family with step parents, or the kids live with their grandparents.

Kids don't want or need to know that Stevies moms are lesbians who have sex with each other.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And the latest development is a lawsuit!

(Reuters) Elon Musk and Twitter (TWTR) were sued on Friday by a Florida pension fund seeking to stop Musk from quickly completing his planned $44 billion takeover of the social media company.

In a complaint filed in Delaware Chancery Court, the Orlando Police Pension Fund said that under Delaware law Musk cannot complete the takeover until at least 2025 unless holders of two-thirds of shares not "owned" by him approved.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
How many shares does the pension fund own? The article left that out. They also failed to investigate why a pension fund is concerned about Twitter's ownership.

The list of people opposed to free speech grows longer every day.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Maybe Musk needs to buy Wikipedia too. They just deleted the page for Republican Kathy Barnette one week before the election.

The mayor of Chicago told people to take up arms against the Supreme Court and she's still a verified blue check Twitter member.

Without protection for their calls to violence and censorship for those they disagree with they can't win.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Most likely the Ministry Of Truth will take the side of the censors.

Why else did they create it 2 days after Musk's takeover? It wasn't until he suggested that free speech would applied equally that they panicked and decided that they didn't really want free speech.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts