Canadian Money Forum banner
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
The left doesn't want to be inundated with alt right content, so they likely will just develop a new app and leave Twitter.
The left doesn't want to inundated with logic, science or liberal values.

I honestly don't know what they want, it seems like they simply haven't thought things through very well.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Meanwhile the Right continues to ban books in the US.
I generally don't support book bans, however I think that books should be age appropriate.
Most people agree with this concept, the problem is what is actually age appropriate.

Harry Potter, as soon as they can read it.
Handmaids tale maybe wait a bit.

"Some girls have Penises"... maybe that shouldn't be in a public school where it remains a political issue.
Even then, perhaps it should be for slightly older children.

I'd hope that most people would agree with me, though there are some that clearly don't.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
The left have their nutcases as well. The far left promoting men (biologically) competing against women is a ridiculous overreach, in my opinion.

For most things in life, it doesn't matter how a person chooses to identify themselves, but in some areas....sorry but no, it just doesn't work in that setting.

I agree that books and learning materials in schools should be age appropriate. Some people want to rush kids through childhood for some reason.

Cripes....let them be innocent and free from "adult problems" for at least a few years of their lives. They will learn how messed up adults are soon enough.

"Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes

God bless little children while they're still too young to hate"

Old dogs, Children, and Watermelon wine.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Also ban kids from talking about having same sex parents at school.
The "Don't Say Gay" bill in Florida just banned teaching transgender transitioning to kindergarten thru Grade 3. Some people (who else but groomers?) then called it a "Don't Say Gay" bill which is a lie.

Anyone who want to teach transgender theory to children between 5 and 8 should be considered a pedophile and treated as such.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts

It also prohibits instruction and/or discussion of sexual orientation as well. I wonder if there is a carve out for heterosexuality, or teachers can be sued for discussing heterosexuality as well. It is just a stupid dog whistle law that will be struck down by the courts.

I can't fathom how any LGBT people could support Republicans when the party is a proponent of badly written open ended discriminatory laws targeting them. Make no mistake, the GOP is writing laws that are as aggressive against LGBT as they think they can defend in court.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
This is for kindergarten to grade 3. Why would anyone be upset that those things can't be taught to very young children?

10 years ago anyone who thought like that would be considered a pedophile.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
This is for kindergarten to grade 3. Why would anyone be upset that those things can't be taught to very young children?

10 years ago anyone who thought like that would be considered a pedophile.
The bill is badly written and not limited to grade 3. It also allows for the prohibition of discussion of heterosexuality or cisgender identity. Lawyers and activists will have a field day.

What harm is this preventing.... Anything documented?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
The bill is badly written and not limited to grade 3. It also allows for the prohibition of discussion of heterosexuality or cisgender identity. Lawyers and activists will have a field day.

What harm is this preventing.... Anything documented?
Yes, there are thousands of documented sexual assault charges against teachers. You have a computer, look them up.

There is no pressing need for a teacher to discuss transgender surgery or cisgender identity with someone in kindergarten or grade 3. The only reason is for grooming. It's certainly not to educate them.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
Yes, there are thousands of documented sexual assault charges against teachers. You have a computer, look them up.
Most of those are heterosexual assaults of minors--how does banning the mention of kids having same sex parents protect children from... you know... statutory rape?

There is no pressing need for a teacher to discuss transgender surgery or cisgender identity with someone in kindergarten or grade 3. The only reason is for grooming. It's certainly not to educate them.
The law makes it legally questionable if a teacher can discuss children having mothers and fathers, or men and women having relationships such as marriage. That is discussion of sexual orientation, which is prohibited. Same with discussion of cisgender identity--that is, gender identity aligned with sex assigned at birth. So discussion of boys being boys and girls being girls is also prohibited. It's a laughably stupid law.

And no, it is incorrect to say that the only reason why same sex relationships may be discussed with younger children is evil queer teachers wanting to rape kids (that is a sick mind you have). Many children may have non-heterosexual parents, or family members. Never saw a kid asked to draw a picture of their family?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I still don't see why those topics should be brought up in Grade 3 and under?
What happened with basic math, basic science, reading skills, arts, etc.
Those topics are to be discussed, don't get me wrong. Just not for kids under 10

·
Registered
23,579 Posts
These fears about same sex educations are really just fuelled by politicians trying to appeal to a conservative base.

It's one of their methods of manipulating conservative citizens... it's an exploitation, to feed on fears and anxieties they are known to have. It helps motivate and engage the conservative base.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Or they simply believe children under 10 are to young to discuss this topic?
Sounds like a reasonable belief to me. Do you disagree?
Or are you manipulating ban on talking about heavily politicized sexual topics with under 10 year old kids in order to appeal to liberal base and feed on fears and anxieties they are known to have?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
These fears about same sex educations are really just fuelled by politicians trying to appeal to a conservative base.

It's one of their methods of manipulating conservative citizens... it's an exploitation, to feed on fears and anxieties they are known to have. It helps motivate and engage the conservative base.
If being against teaching inappropriate sexual content to very young children makes me conservative, I'll wear that badge proudly.

That being said, I am very suspicious of any adult who does want to teach inappropriate sexual content to children.

·
Registered
14,699 Posts
If being against teaching inappropriate sexual content to very young children makes me conservative, I'll wear that badge proudly.

That being said, I am very suspicious of any adult who does want to teach inappropriate sexual content to children.
I think you're getting mixed up. The law is silent on sexual topics. It speaks only of orientation (ie, mommy and daddy love each other) and gender identity (Billy is a boy). Neither are inherently sexual and kids routinely are exposed to these concepts.

141 - 160 of 190 Posts