Canadian Money Forum banner
261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
There is a whole "science" in conversion tracking and costing.
Not familiar with what this is

Brand exposure works in very subliminal ways. They are buying/selling attention. Even if it doesn't generate a trackable sale today, brand exposure can influence a decision later simply because you've heard of it even if you don't remember where. You may get hit with brand exposure from many different angles that add up

I use Brave browser and I think the model makes sense but needs work. I don't see any ads on CMF for example but I earn about $20/month in BAT (location and exposure dependent) Basically they cut out the middle man (VerticleScope inc this case) and the advertiser pays me directly for my attention.

There are apps coming that will let local advertisers pay smartphone users directly for notifications/ads

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
Musk says he will vote for Republican Ron DeSantis. His politics are hurting Tesla car sales.

Scott Wilson of California, who owns a Model Y, placed an order for a second Tesla this year. But he said he’s had second thoughts, and he considered canceling the order.

I don’t want Tesla cars to become the new MAGA hat,” Wilson said. “I don’t want to be seen as a rich jerk, and I don’t want to be seen as a political conservative, libertarian free speech warrior.”

Ouch.....

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
Judge in Twitter v. Musk made rare ruling: ordering a deal to close

Above article is behind a paywall but one can make the gist of it.

A cool USA$45,000,000,000 (yes, 9 zeros behind the 45) cough up here.

Oh wait, that ain't fair so watch the appeal(s) coming up from this world's busiest if not richest man. :coffee:
That would be the wrong gist. The judge ruled on previous cases that the deal had to close. The trial date has not yet been set for Twitter, much less a ruling being issued.

Why even link to paywall news sources? Here is a non-paywall story.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
That would be the wrong gist. The judge ruled on previous cases that the deal had to close. The trial date has not yet been set for Twitter, much less a ruling being issued.

Why even link to paywall news sources? Here is a non-paywall story.
... okay, then we have more entertainment coming up. :coffee:

Does anyone believes that Musk as "Twitter board member" is smart enough to not shoot himself in the foot, if not the mouth, on this one? I don't.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
It sounds to me like Musk is the new owner of Twitter. He can always sell it if he wants. Maybe Trump will buy it.
... same thought here especially when the offer was "unconditional".

Even the Dump "wants" to buy it, I don't think he can afford it nor wants to pay for it at half-price even. Maybe (big), a fire-sale or giveaway, then yes.

Either way, it's clown versus clown which is gonna to be entertaining. LMAO.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Musk countersuit accuses Twitter of fraud

Needless to say, the world's richest pathetic little man is gonna to be banned for "life" from Twitter. Or maybe he has been? But then then world's richest pathetic little man couldn't think of developing his own platform in the first place ... how smart ... go figure.

Whichever way Musk wants this to turn, his deal to buy Twitter was based on BAD FAITH.

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
Twitter yesterday slammed Elon Musk's response to the company's lawsuit in a 127-page filing in the Delaware Court of Chancery that says Musk's claims are "contradicted by the evidence and common sense." Twitter's court filing also said Musk's spam analysis relied on a tool that once called his own Twitter account a likely bot.

"According to Musk, he—the billionaire founder of multiple companies, advised by Wall Street bankers and lawyers—was hoodwinked by Twitter into signing a $44 billion merger agreement," Twitter wrote. "This story is as implausible and contrary to fact as it sounds. And it is just that—a story, imagined in an effort to escape a merger agreement that Musk no longer found attractive once the stock market—and along with it, his massive personal wealth—declined in value."

Twitter's filing was in response to Musk's defense and counterclaims, which were submitted last week but not made public immediately because Twitter was given time to request redactions. Twitter apparently chose not to make any redactions.

"Musk's Counterclaims, based as they are on distortion, misrepresentation, and outright deception, change nothing. Musk signed and is obligated to consummate the merger agreement," Twitter wrote.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
^ Of course, Musk will be fine. The $44B + legal fees are just a drop in the bucket for the world's richest pathetic little man.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Just what the world needs......more space debris, that will eventually crash down to earth.

View attachment 23531
This is my job sags

You have no understanding of it. Why do you constantly post about things you know nothing about and have no experience with. Nobody gets any information of value from you. Half the time you talk about your sister-in-laws-friends' neighbour's experience on a random Saskatchewan farm or something as if it's your own experience because you have no valuable experience and just read clickbait all day. You contribute nothing here and many people message me that they agree.

SpaceX has actually innovated a lot of things to not contribute to space debris but it's way over your head

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
... there's no talk about folks at SpaceX wanting that piece back unlike NASA. Ie. it's OK to dump your space-junks for "free" anywhere on earth once done doing what? Space exploration that's just above the earth's atmosphere? More like having to too much money - need mechanism to get rid of. [Side note $44B+ debt not included].

That poor farmer ain't even getting (a) garbage bags for that or those piece(s) of burn up crxps. Maybe he should start charging for like-minded suckers to view unknown space-whatever junks as "alien poops" to pay for hauling them away.

261 - 280 of 281 Posts